teddy k

Don't want to renew wife's green card

97 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We know how it is going to end, have a search on here, you are not the first and will not be the last.

You can recognise it now, or later.

You will be significantly poorer later.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Yeah the I-864 cuz i missed work for 3 months last year due to my back so i'm short by 3.000.00 on my taxes

Ok, I supposed the I-864 is for your step daughter.

Since she is relative, of course the Uncle has no issue to co-sponsor.

But you will be the main sponsor, anything goes bad you are still on the hook.

Alternatively, your wife could petition her own minor daughter herself under F2A category (there is waiting period for visa number to be available, about 2 years)

She will be the main I-864 sponsor, the Uncle be the co-sponsor and you are out of picture for I-864!

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes she has a part-time job working 30 hrs a wk at 10.00 hr so now no more mr.nice guy she wants something she buys out of her money plus now she sends her daughters allowance every month so no more money to spend out with the witches whom her family forbids from now on no money no so called Friends.

You are nearly 60 she is nearly 40. You are both as mature as you are going to get. I'm going to repeat what I said before:

If you are in a marriage where it it not seen as an equal partnership by both parties and advantages (money, green card, sex, etc) are used as a way to control or extort the other then it is a doomed situation.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

I wouldn't be surprised if the uncle or even the girl's family doesn't give two hoots about the OP. It all just seems so wishy-washy.

I thought of the same thing. Plus, she's 37 not 10 year old that they can just scold and everything will be okay.

Edited by POA

Thanks everyone for your support and negative answers too but me and the wife are going to work this out that's what we both want so i will give a chance to change so i will give it a little time and if she don't bye bye she knows that i was very firm with her

Lol. Good point. It now makes me wonder how many K1 issued every year for pinoys/pinays.

I didn't come across the total except for in 2010 when 32,000 K1's were issued world wide. If the Philippines is 17.34% of that, that's at least 5500 K1s per year from the Philippines. That makes the Philippines a highly over represented country compared to most.

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/where-do-k-1-fiance-visa-holders-come

The top ten countries for sending fiancés are the Philippines (17.34 percent), China, Vietnam, Mexico, Colombia, Russia, Dominican Republic, United Kingdom, Thailand and Canada. These top 10 countries are responsible for 53 percent of all K-1 visas issued.

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I thought of the same thing. Plus, she's 37 not 10 year old that they can just scold and everything will be okay.

That's my thoughts too. This competition in Filipinos is something they bring from the Philippines. It seems to explode when they get here, wanting to prove how they've made it and are better than everyone else. I'm not sure how long his wife has been here, but she might wake up and calm down after a bit. I've seen it go both ways. Heck my wife could have gone either way too, but she thankfully saw the light.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Hi caryh my wife has been here for a yr now all this trouble started when she started hanging out with these older Filipino woman who are nothing but a bunch of gold diggers who brag of all the men they had and so on. But the last few days she's been back to herself since alot of her family spoke to her. Ive put my foot down my way or the highway so time will tell

Hi caryh my wife has been here for a yr now all this trouble started when she started hanging out with these older Filipino woman who are nothing but a bunch of gold diggers who brag of all the men they had and so on. But the last few days she's been back to herself since alot of her family spoke to her. Ive put my foot down my way or the highway so time will tell

The divorced Filipina crowd? That is nothing but trouble from day one. If they are like the crowds of them around here, they will not rest until your wife has been divorced too. Get her away from that crowd or right her off. I think its part of the crab mentality. As long as your wife is divorced, she's got something up on them, and they will not accept that. So they will be on her like white on rice, making sure she screws up her marriage like they did. If you're going to associate with Filipinas, its best to find couples (yes couples not lone filipinas) where you can get together as a couple. Sure the guys might hang out in one group, and the wives in another, but you're doing it together. We prefer small groups, where both the wives and husbands are associating together. But when its a larger gathering, then the wives and husband split typically occurs.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Yes that crowd trouble from day 1 but now they're blocked on her phone

:yes::thumbs:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

That's my thoughts too. This competition in Filipinos is something they bring from the Philippines. It seems to explode when they get here, wanting to prove how they've made it and are better than everyone else. I'm not sure how long his wife has been here, but she might wake up and calm down after a bit. I've seen it go both ways. Heck my wife could have gone either way too, but she thankfully saw the light.

I totally agree! That's what most Filipino think. It is not easy to forget the habit but it can be done. It is just up to the person though. He can only try to make her realized it but it is still up to her. I kept the divorced crowd in my mind after you mentioned them before. I made sure that I don't fall in the wrong group of friends lol. She needs to find another set of friends.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sorry but the truth is your wife is stupid!!!! You can be around dirty people doesn't mean you have to be like them. You should first teach her how to think for herself and not let other think for her. If the crowd she hangs with easy influence her, maybe that is who she is or want to be like. So whatever you do will not prevent her to become that person even if you block her from seeing them. End the end, she will look for better opportunity from what you are describing. When the time come and the opportunity is there she will jump the boat.... She is 37 and still act and easy influence by other then.... I really don't know what to tell you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had some issues with my wife when she got here hanging with the wrong pinays. Finally, my wife has made a couple nice friends that are in healthy marriages. Unhealthy marriages are just as bad as single or divorced filipinas. Funny enough, my wife only likes hanging around with ladies her own age. A lot of times I think the ladies are testing us to see what they can get away with. Once my wife talked with her father, she became more sensible. It is helpful if your wife's family is in your corner. My father in law is a stand up guy. And her family really likes me. I asked him yesterday if he wanted me to send anything in a Balikbayan box and he was too shy to ask me for anything. Maybe some mutual relationship goal setting together would help you. I do agree with some of the other posters that she should be a little more settled at her age.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.