teddy k

Don't want to renew wife's green card

97 posts in this topic

Hi Lee all this trouble started when she meet these older Filipino woman at the Asian market at first it was ok then she started acting like a spoiled kid wanting more i said well you have to work for it. But these ladies teaching her to get a bad attitude with me.but i think now after her family had a very serious talk with her she realized her mistakes. Her family means everything to her. The family told her i am the boss not these witches that's why they had so many men

Do you think it's remotely possible that her family told her that she is being stupid by showing her cards too soon?

That she is being foolish for searching for something better while her daughter's status hangs in the balance?

Unfortunately, I don't get the vibe that the family has YOUR best interest at heart, but hers and her daughter's. And possibly her parent's future status as well.

Also, if the uncle is still in the Philippines, it's impossible for him to share sponsorship (I may have missed that he's in the US?)

Her uncle is a lawyer in California. Only time will tell if she's acting. Been herself since she got a scolding from everyone even her work friends in Singapore who speak english

By the way her parents are in their 80's

Filed: Timeline

Hate to generalize, but it seems to be a reoccurring event here from folks who marry spouses from certain countries. What's more revealing as I hear the stories is the US spouses are clueless of their mate/culture, and have a false perception of what the spouse should act/be like.

My only suggestion is if it does not work out is to move on, and avoid being vindictive (which I've heard can be hard not to do).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please be very careful in generalizing any type of race..I am sorry this happened to you but the kind of person you are made me realize more that I am so lucky that I have a wonderful , loving , kind and generous husband. Move on as I have been reading your ranting about us Filipino girls only because of your experience with you wife. We all have gone through bad experiences in life just learn from it. And refrain from bad mouthing us , you must have enjoyed your journey with your Pinay too until she found out who really you are.

Seems like a common story with Filipino girls. If she pulls any more nonsense, her family will probably disown her. They believe the words of other Filipinos like it is the gospel , but if you say something, they don't believe you. I have the same issue with my wife. I would cancel the daughter's petition and if your wife wants to leave, let her. She will be back soon enough when she sees that someone sold her a bridge. Whether or not you want her after she has been with another man is up to you. If I knew then what I know now, I never would have pursued a foreign woman. Women are women and I would have been better off with someone in my own country. Less hassle, expense and cultural difference. It starts out being cheaper, but by the time you pay for everything, you end up paying quite a bit. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and your wife?? Just to share with you I am 43 and my wife is 24. I used to say to myself that bringing a girl to the USA from the phils was like getting a Mercedes Benz for a Hyundai price. Now I say I paid a Mercedes price and got a Hyundai that is almost out of warranty(lol)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Please be very careful in generalizing any type of race..I am sorry this happened to you but the kind of person you are made me realize more that I am so lucky that I have a wonderful , loving , kind and generous husband. Move on as I have been reading your ranting about us Filipino girls only because of your experience with you wife. We all have gone through bad experiences in life just learn from it. And refrain from bad mouthing us , you must have enjoyed your journey with your Pinay too until she found out who really you are.

More like a reference to the seemingly endless very similar threads.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So who is teddyk or myself? Or the countless other men that have posted? I don't know who you think we are because you have not elaborated on your post, which seems to be bad mouthing the kanos with your statement of who we really are.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Enough bickering, folks.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I feel ya guys my fiance here for two weeks tommorrow and I so wish i had bought the rt tickets. She told me two days after arriving she wanted to go home. And other than time to eat and them going to washroom they are not see out of the Bedroom they share. I just need to figure how to get the funds to send them Packing.

Wow so soon some woman don't know what they want. I had some trouble with mine misbehaving but now she calmed down no more crazy talk since she not hanging around with these other woman. Plus her cousin fly here last night surprised her well she will be staying for a week. Family always welcomed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Assuming they are not paying their own way time to get the flexible friend out, much cheaper if you get it done asap.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I feel ya guys my fiance here for two weeks tommorrow and I so wish i had bought the rt tickets. She told me two days after arriving she wanted to go home. And other than time to eat and them going to washroom they are not see out of the Bedroom they share. I just need to figure how to get the funds to send them Packing.

For my wife, I actually bought a RT ticket not only because it was cheaper but I also realized that it's possible it may not work out (luckily for us it did). I just made sure the return trip didn't pass the 90 day from entering the US, so she wouldn't incur a ban.

I'm curious if people talk about what they plan to do if the relationship doesn't work out.

For my wife, I actually bought a RT ticket not only because it was cheaper but I also realized that it's possible it may not work out (luckily for us it did). I just made sure the return trip didn't pass the 90 day from entering the US, so she wouldn't incur a ban.

I'm curious if people talk about what they plan to do if the relationship doesn't work out.

We didn't talk about it at all. I suppose it would make sense to do so, but we had known each other for 9 years by then. Turns out homesickness was a terrible thing for her to get over and it was touch and go for a while. Had there been an easy exit, she might not be here today.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am disappointed that I let the Travel agent talk me out of buying the roundtrip ticket. I had wanted to buy one. Should have gone with my Gut.

I am disappointed that I let the Travel agent talk me out of buying the roundtrip ticket. I had wanted to buy one. Should have gone with my Gut.

From your history of postings, there is also child involved right? (Fiance's child)

Cough up the money or take up loan to buy the airfare now.

Short-term pain is better than long-term pain (plus whatever potential issues may occur, like DV claim, child abuse.. etc).

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.