teddy k

Don't want to renew wife's green card

97 posts in this topic

Do you think that may have something to do with the fact that there are twice as many K-1ers from the Philippines than the next two top countries combined?

Lol. Good point. It now makes me wonder how many K1 issued every year for pinoys/pinays.

Lol. Good point. It now makes me wonder how many K1 issued every year for pinoys/pinays.

For your reading pleasure: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/NIVDetailTables/FY14NIVDetailTable.pdf

Oh my! Lol. Philippines is more than double the count of the whole Africa.

Holy country of love Batman!

Over 7 million Filipinos applied for Fiance visas in one year? What's in the water over there? LOL

Also looks like their annual population growth rate has been on a consistent decline.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Holy country of love Batman!

Over 7 million Filipinos applied for Fiance visas in one year? What's in the water over there? LOL

Also looks like their annual population growth rate has been on a consistent decline.

I don't know where you got that number.

7,228 Filipinos received fiance visas in 2014.

I don't know where you got that number.

7,228 Filipinos received fiance visas in 2014.

D'oh!

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm used to reading abbreviated spreadsheets assumed the numbers were in thousands.

Also, I didn't notice that it is visas "issued" and not applied for.

Still a striking amount more.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Just an update on my situation my wife's uncle called me and we talked about what's going on with my wife it seems that she's taking bad advice from these so called friends who are nothing but a bunch of gold diggers her uncle reasured me that he spoke with her parents and they're ashamed by her attitude cuz she was raised better than that plus her uncle wants to sponsor her with me so i will see how much she wants this marriage to work and her family forbids her to hang out with these witches anymore so time will tell

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seems like a common story with Filipino girls. If she pulls any more nonsense, her family will probably disown her. They believe the words of other Filipinos like it is the gospel , but if you say something, they don't believe you. I have the same issue with my wife. I would cancel the daughter's petition and if your wife wants to leave, let her. She will be back soon enough when she sees that someone sold her a bridge. Whether or not you want her after she has been with another man is up to you. If I knew then what I know now, I never would have pursued a foreign woman. Women are women and I would have been better off with someone in my own country. Less hassle, expense and cultural difference. It starts out being cheaper, but by the time you pay for everything, you end up paying quite a bit. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and your wife?? Just to share with you I am 43 and my wife is 24. I used to say to myself that bringing a girl to the USA from the phils was like getting a Mercedes Benz for a Hyundai price. Now I say I paid a Mercedes price and got a Hyundai that is almost out of warranty(lol)

I'm 57 wife is 37 . all of this crazy talk started when she started hanging out with these other so called Filipino friends but since her family had their schooling of her and her uncle willing to sponsor her too everything is calm now but we will see

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I thought they can work when they come here on a spouse visa? Almost the same age difference as my wife and I although you and her are a lot older than me and my wife. Same bad attitude and same nightmare marriage, so I guess the argument that my wife is young doesn't hold water.

Yes she has a part-time job working 30 hrs a wk at 10.00 hr so now no more mr.nice guy she wants something she buys out of her money plus now she sends her daughters allowance every month so no more money to spend out with the witches whom her family forbids from now on no money no so called Friends.

Seems like a common story with Filipino girls. If she pulls any more nonsense, her family will probably disown her. They believe the words of other Filipinos like it is the gospel , but if you say something, they don't believe you. I have the same issue with my wife. I would cancel the daughter's petition and if your wife wants to leave, let her. She will be back soon enough when she sees that someone sold her a bridge. Whether or not you want her after she has been with another man is up to you. If I knew then what I know now, I never would have pursued a foreign woman. Women are women and I would have been better off with someone in my own country. Less hassle, expense and cultural difference. It starts out being cheaper, but by the time you pay for everything, you end up paying quite a bit. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and your wife?? Just to share with you I am 43 and my wife is 24. I used to say to myself that bringing a girl to the USA from the phils was like getting a Mercedes Benz for a Hyundai price. Now I say I paid a Mercedes price and got a Hyundai that is almost out of warranty(lol)

It is very common I agree. I met someone when I was in the PH and all she was wanting was to be with an older guy. Someone who would support her so she doesn't have to work. Most of us are hungry to go to the US thinking that life here is all free and easy. That's why when things aren't working as they thought it would, they tend to be wanting more than the other pinays are getting. If the spouse has already tried to show you the bright side and she still didn't listen, then there's no way it's going to work. I go through that situation too with my pinay friends who are also here and it can get really competitive. Good thing is we are not in the same states so we don't get to hangout like his wife probably.

I personally have a better and more comfy life here than when I was there but that's not just because I'm married to a kano but because we both work to help each other and make our life easier. He can only try to explain it to her but if her mind is already set to just rely on someone to have a better life then, you married the bad kind of pinay. lol

Yes she has a part-time job working 30 hrs a wk at 10.00 hr so now no more mr.nice guy she wants something she buys out of her money plus now she sends her daughters allowance every month so no more money to spend out with the witches whom her family forbids from now on no money no so called Friends.

Her family won't be able to do anything to stop her from doing what she wants. She seemed immature despite the fact that she already had a kid and married. If I was the husband, I would not prolong my agony. Even if you love her, she needs to learn tough love or she will just keep doing what she is doing. She won't survive with $10/hour. to think she's already 38 and she still act like that? Sometimes I really can't help but hate some of these attitude from my people.

Edited by POA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.