earthday

Husband wants to divorce me days after getting his citizenship.

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Success is the best revenge.

Look inward at yourself. Figure out your own problems, not his. Figure out why you let someone do it to you.

Your life and your child's life can still be fantastic.

Ok, I will try. I just feel like nobody is being supportive. Sadly, too much of this goes on. It just does not sit well with me. I knew he was using me but my mom did not want me to stop him because she said I needed him to support me. I will try to do what is necessary for myself/child. It is just not going to be easy.

You can always go to a lawyer or the police, and there is such a thing as handwriting analysis and forensics! If a signature is truly forced it can be proved in a court of law! Best of luck and sorry to hear about your story. There's always hope so don't give up!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Earthday I am not understanding your understanding. No one has said it's evil or vindictive to report your husband or stop him. That's all in your mind.

What you are being advised to do is file for child support and divorce and move on.

To make you feel better you can surely get all the evidence you have (Th emails from friend is just hearsay unless the friend says your husband said he is doing this and that.). All of us I am sure have that one "friend" that warns us what will happen. That's not evidence.

I have looked over the N-400 (Citizenship) https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/n-400.pdf and there is no where the Citizen spouse needs to sign. So exactly what document did he forge your name?

Also when he immigrated here did he get 2 year or 10 year visa? Did you have to Remove Conditions (ROC) after he was here 21 months? The I-751 (ROC application) would require your signature. But that would have done between the time he arrived in US 21 to 24 months it would have been filed.

Everyone is being supportive and trying to understand your situation. Sometimes you have to just cut your loses and move on.

I'm sorry only for your pain and suffering and a child who has a father who doesn't care. He doesn't deserve you. Wish when he left he wasn't let back in US but that ship has sailed.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

get a divorce attorney and take your prroof and now he can pay alimony

also, did he pay the dowery owed you under muslim law, if not, he can not divorce until it is paid

you will need support for the child

you can report him to USCIS in case he tries to bring a woman into this country

as far as the marriage fraud, both people are responsible and according to what i have read on the USCIS site, you can also be charged so be careful

sorry for all this

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh, not to mention days after he gets his citizenship he applied instantly for the passport and his Pakistani travel document. He also says he is going to divorce me because he does not want to be around me any longer.

I hate to tell you but the one he will go to marry is probably a first cousin and probably was an arranged marriage from the time they were children; it's extremely common in Pakistan. I once dated a Pakistani man for 3 years and we were completely in love with each other. In the end, he had to marry his cousin because that's what his family expected; and he was raised here for the most part so you can see how cultural ties run far deeper than true love and emotion. I pity them, really.

As for him using you to get here, that's also very common. You and I were lucky to be born in the US; to enjoy freedom and all the benefits of living here. If I were born in Pakistan, I'd want out too. People in desperate situations do desperate things. It doesn't make it right, but that's the reality.

As many others have said, forget about him and move on. Divorce; enjoy your child and enjoy your life. You don't want to spend any more time or energy on this situation. It's all about you from here on out, and for god's sake get off the couch, get a job and get back to normality. You deserve better!

To those who think it is vindictive to seek out ways to revoke. What if it were you? What if you were in my shoes?

If I were in your shoes I will be better of the person I am now... Let it go, karma is going to do her job sooner or later... just watch, concentrante in yourself and your baby.

Earthday, everyone is being as supportive of you as they can be. There's no magic "tick this box if you think you were being used for a green card" form that we're not telling you about. Take charge of your own life, divorce, and move on.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Several post attacking/blaming the OP have been removed. Stick to answering the questions asked or do not post.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

You ignored warnings for years. At this point you're a day late and a dollar short. The time to act was during any of the previous years when any reasonable conclusion would have shown he was bad for you and deserved a divorce. if you have proof he forged signatures, take them to USCIS, though it's a strange time to suddenly find religion in all this.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

3 years is a short time to fake a marriage to those that want to taste the American dream. Knowing that a large percentage of the Nigerian marriages are for immigration benefits it isn't surprising at the number of 2 and 3 year divorce events that happen. My basic warning to all that are marrying outside their culture is to go in with eyes wide open and a lot of checking out what is really going on. Most people get so blindsided by the tales of love they don't see the train wreck coming. Get him for child support , report what you know and then wash him out of your heart like a bad dinner.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

I'm sorry that your in the situation you are in now. I agree with the other comments especially the future terrorist one. I would definitely get him on child support right asap! Work w a lawyer on your divorce so that he can be responsible for those joint bills. I don't know how spousal support works but you might be able to get him for that as well. Good Luck

K1 Process20157/15 Sent I-129F7/27 RFE Received and Replied Same Day7/29 NOA1 (electronic)-text, email and website 8/6 NOA1 (hard copy)8/13 NOA2 (electronic)-email and website 8/17 NOA2 (hard copy)9/11 NVC Received9/14 NVC Case # Assigned9/30 Left NVC and Embassy "received" after extended AP10/7 Emergency Interview11/16....approved but waiting in the black hole AP AGAIN!11/20 AP finally changed to non-immigrant AP11/24 ISSUED11/25 Visa in Hand and Headed to the airport!!! AOS in 2016Filed 2/4/16Combo Card In hand 4/21/16<p>Interview scheduled 10/17/16 Approved on the spot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.