Carlos23

Can my Facebook be a problem in my process?

31 posts in this topic

Hi everyone my consular enterview is in 2 days and now Im a little worried about my Facebook. I have many posts on my wall that can prove my relationship for those 4 years but that's not the problem.

I have make a few posts criticizing the USA immigration sistem and I called it obsolete and unfair jajaja..

In another post I did mentioned that USA should respect the soberany of my country in his inmmigration laws.

And now Im afraid. What happened if they had investigate my Facebook wall and see all those thigns. Can they think that I have something againts USA and can it be a reason to denied a visa.

What do you think, am I a little crazy or Im exaggerated.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Wouldn't it be easier to delete those posts than worrying about it?

I did hear of a case last year that was denied out of Guyana because the CO looked al Facebook and saw "politically incorrect" posts. Not sure of the detail of those posts though. The couple appealed and was approved after a 6 month delay.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Easy fix. Delete or set to private. Familiarize yourself with the settings when using social media.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

The system is slow/unfair etc but venting on Facebook is not the brightest idea!

But hey thats the world we live in, a smart phone based, self obsessive world of selfies and 'look at me' atitude

Do I care what you look like when you pout, or what you had for for dinner...................nope, but the shallow world of facebook is full of it

Easy fix get a real life, with real people, interect with them!! (its called talking lol)

Hope you get approved, I thought the whole process was a joke, but kept quiet till I got here lol

That's a bit harsh. He's entitled to an opinion. It's called free speech. That's the whole point of democtatic elections and the right to vote - to allow your opinion to count.

Perhaps a public venue such as Facebook is not the best way to air your views when you are going through immigration but nevertheless he is entitled to his opinion.

The system is not perfect, by any means. But it's the only system we have to be with our loved ones. There are many things I don't agree with in this process (auto-expedite based on geography/nationality being one, by the way) but it is what it is.

Yes it is a bit harsh but I am venting how I feel as well. I went through the same system when I brought my wife here as well. I know how it can be as well.

We are not talking about voting we are just talking about venting our opinions and views how we see them.

My first post will stand because to me he does not like the U.S. at all. So why should someone who doesn't like the country come to live here.I have lived in many countries where I did not like some aspects of it but I did not go letting the whole world know it. Doing that is just an invitation for trouble to find you.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Yes it is a bit harsh but I am venting how I feel as well. I went through the same system when I brought my wife here as well. I know how it can be as well.

We are not talking about voting we are just talking about venting our opinions and views how we see them.

My first post will stand because to me he does not like the U.S. at all. So why should someone who doesn't like the country come to live here.I have lived in many countries where I did not like some aspects of it but I did not go letting the whole world know it. Doing that is just an invitation for trouble to find you.

Having reread the OP post, I have to agree there does seem to be a dislike or disdain for the USA, so why move there?

The USA is the USA is doesn't have to reflect other countries values/traditions

If you don't accept that, butt out and move somewhere else

Guys of course I love many things about USA,the problem became when the Senator of New York said that the international community should destroy or damage the Dominican tourism because Dominicans were racist and I share this post with my own comentary and I sed that he should take a few people and go with them to USA and I also said that he should take care of his own in migration system with is obsolet and unfair.. ( even the president Obama sed that).

That was all.. I have never sed anything against the United States.

I really love my bebe and I want to be with her no matter where...

I have been Christian for many years and in my Facebook wall you will only find good things.

I didn't share the post in public it was only with my friends but I don't know if the FBI can enter in to your account and see everything.

It was a mistake, I was a litte angry because of those comments from the Senator.

We will agree to disagree on this. Not everyone is in love with the United States. So of us are moving there because our spouses are ineligible to live in our home countries. Yes, I am moving there. Do I think it's better there than the UK? Not necessarily.

The oppression of free speech is one of the worst things that can happen to you. That's what brings trouble! I would be very disappointed if I had to live in a country that did not allow me to express my disapproval of the government and its policies. It is possible to disagree without causing "trouble". It's called debating.

I never have advocated for taking away someones free speech at all, but this person is not in the USA so that does not apply to them.

While I was in the Marines we had a saying regarding free speech: "I may not agree with what you say in regards to free speech, but I will fight for the right for you to say it".

You have to think about what you put on social media because in the USA it can be used against you by potential employers in regards to you being hired or not.

We will agree to disagree on this. Not everyone is in love with the United States. So of us are moving there because our spouses are ineligible to live in our home countries. Yes, I am moving there. Do I think it's better there than the UK? Not necessarily.

The oppression of free speech is one of the worst things that can happen to you. That's what brings trouble! I would be very disappointed if I had to live in a country that did not allow me to express my disapproval of the government and its policies. It is possible to disagree without causing "trouble". It's called debating.

I never have advocated for taking away someones free speech at all, but this person is not in the USA so that does not apply to them.

While I was in the Marines we had a saying regarding free speech: "I may not agree with what you say in regards to free speech, but I will fight for the right for you to say it".

You have to think about what you put on social media because in the USA it can be used against you by potential employers in regards to you being hired or not.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

If your Consular Interview is in two days then I think they have already checked your FB.But you can still delete them.

I understand you. Bureaucracies can be a pain in the neck, so frustrating. It can feel like you just keep banging your head against the wall. I think no matter the country it ends up being frustrating, although some countries are worse than others.

I dont think you have a thing to worry about with your facebook account. Heck, from what I heard they havent even been looking at social media because they want to be so politically correct and are so afraid of condemnation. You were just expressing your frustration with the system, not with the USA in general. And some politicians also really irk me too, just as you were irked by that one. Dont ever let someone get away with saying you cant have your opinion on something, otherwise you will lose your right to have an opinion on ANYTHING in time. That is happening way to much in the USA, the loss of so many freedoms and rights. Always be strong to take a stand.

Guys of course I love many things about USA,the problem became when the Senator of New York said that the international community should destroy or damage the Dominican tourism because Dominicans were racist and I share this post with my own comentary and I sed that he should take a few people and go with them to USA and I also said that he should take care of his own in migration system with is obsolet and unfair.. ( even the president Obama sed that).

That was all.. I have never sed anything against the United States.

I really love my bebe and I want to be with her no matter where...

I have been Christian for many years and in my Facebook wall you will only find good things.

I didn't share the post in public it was only with my friends but I don't know if the FBI can enter in to your account and see everything.

It was a mistake, I was a litte angry because of those comments from the Senator.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

By now they have probably already looked at it if they looked at your FB. People have been denied for what they have posted on Facebook though mostly it's been because people have posted pictures where the couple looked like they were already married or called each other wifey and hubby.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.