Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


kzielu last won the day on September 24 2012

kzielu had the most liked content!

About kzielu

  • Rank
    Diamond Member
  • Member # 104873
  • Location Cincinnati, OH, USA

Profile Information

  • Gender

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    Phoenix AZ Lockbox
  • Local Office
    Cincinnati OH
  • Country

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. If the spouse applied under 3-year rule of being married to USC, then he/she will not be eligible for citizenship but can easily apply after 5 years of being resident. Otherwise can just be a green card holder indefinitely. Spouse of applicant does not attend citizenship interview in either case so there is nothing to show up or not show up to. So to answer your question - absolutely nothing happens.
  2. H-1B is temporary non-immigrant work visa. It ends and its holder goes home. There is no relationship between H-1B and green card eligibility. Does she even qualify for H-1B ? Note that a lot of regarding H-1Bs has changed recently.
  3. Like sort of mentioned above - you file I-130 for a spouse - not for CR-1 or IR-1. That's basically only option available to you unless you want to do K-1. You should marry ASAP (why didn't you while you still were there) and send the petition. Where you get married completely doesn't matter as long as it's a legit marriage.
  4. K-1s are by definition "relatives" (future but still) of USC. Seems consistent with allowance for USC spouses and children. I wonder if excluding parents is a inadvertent omission. Also allowing H-1Bs / L-1Bs to process (which is unlikely to happen anyway in today's situation) invalidates the claim that is labor market protection. The most hurt category will be DV entrants that have not received their visas yet - they may not be able to make it before end of September, assuming this actually gets lifted after 60 days.
  5. That should be least of their worries. Trying to commit fraud by claiming you as such should be....
  6. It is done for a reason. Typically in DV situations abused spouses withdraw charges after a while (for many reasons - not a good place here to explain it) and get themselves in a constant circle of abuse. It is for their own good - which is why I don't quite understand many member's here willingness to help abuser. If he / she did that once, it's going to happen again and it may be or likely will be worse than first time. (have a very close prosecutor friend and hear about cases like this every single day - unfortunately).
  7. Are you also certain you're not going to get placed on AP ? People in Warsaw were, even those applying for B1/B2 in pre-VWP time...
  8. How about facts that it does ? This is typical way idiotic conspiracy theories are spread - "no proof it doesn't exist, therefore it exists".
  9. Doesn't the current (DV2020) lottery require valid passport at the time of application ? Read about it somewhere.
  10. It would have been reasonable (for obvious reason) only if US healthcare had not been a complete scam. Not single one person here should kid themselves this has anything to do with protecting tax payers, this is entirely targeted towards family based immigration and DV immigrants and can effectively (depending on interpretation) kill it without any new immigration laws - which has been a goal of this administration for long time. It is also hysterical to see Trump supporters saying "everyone should have healthcare" while they were blasting Obama for effectively doing exactly that. There is no difference between legal immigrants and US born citizens with no insurance being a burden. Both are just that - a burden.
  11. She would have to file a petition for you first after becoming LPR - as Boiler indicated. Once that goes through and after your PD is current, you can explore the waiver option. That's a couple of years timeline wise.
  12. Your issues isn't even maintaining residency (it is - but it's not the main one) - your main issue is not removing conditions on your green card which ends up with your status being terminated. If you had 10 year green card, you could try to pull off SB-1 (although it would have been extremely unlikely - like others had mentioned - taxes and all other things that you need to do to maintain residency - primarily physical presence of some sort), but since you've had 2 year condition card, your chances are exactly zero.
  • Create New...