Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Awesome, congrats Stealth!!! Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Thanks for the update!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

KayDeeCee,

Its only been in relation to the Letters of Intent to Marry for an RFE regarding "wet" signature. There are 2 in my current Master RFE list according to my detailed list from the transfer. That is hardly any at all when you look at the big picture, and that adjudicator must have just been extra picky that day. As far as the G-325A forms, my notes don't indicate that an RFE for a "wet" signature has happened in over 3 years from the data transfer.

I know the RFE for "wet" signature thing is pretty rare, but I still like to be honest about it since I did have two in the list in the past year from when I transferred the original post. I just like to let people know that albeit rare, it has happened recently but ONLY for the letters of intent.

I would not call them rare. I would call them a thing of the past. Your list shows no RFEs for original signatures past the summer of 2013, the same time they changed the form and instructions, which took out the 'original statement' wording. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/491361-original-signatures-for-letter-of-intent-and-g-325a/page-2#entry6949811

I know people used to get them years in the past, but things change. The form and instructions changed in June 2013. They do not currently ask for 'an original statement'. They simply ask for evidence that could be a statement of intent. There have not been any recent RFEs for original signatures, so I would not say people do get them, but people used to get them back when there was a different version of the form.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got an RFE, took almost a month exactly from the date I got it till the NOA2.

It was requesting for a letter ( more or less) from my Fiancee that she understood she had to marry me with in 90 days of entering into the US and that she did intend to marry me. The RFE also said that they did not see the information they where looking for in our text messages that I sent in with the 129F, I guess we talked about it in Skype.

What I did was send her an email telling her about the RFE and why and what they wanted, she replied back with a confirmation of what the RFE was for, then I repied again saying yes, so she wrote the letter and sent it to me in an email, I then printed out the entire conversation so that there was no doubt this letter came from from her and not me since it had reply to emails listed. I mailed the paperwork in the envelope and waited almost 30 days till be got the NOA2, funny thing is I got it while sitting in the airport just returning from my 2nd visit to her...

So if you do not want one like mine, make sure somewhere in your text you print out you clearly state the info about if not marrying in 90 days the finance has to leave the US and that they do intend to marry.. I had wrote a letter on my behalf, but never thought to have her write one, my mistake

Hope this will help others

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am glad I found this thread: Thank you for all your information. I really helps clearing some doubts I had and eased my concerns about getting a RFE.

1. I sent my fiance's G325-A and statement of intent to marry scanned (statement of intent to marry was not dated, only signed). I hope I don't get an RFE for that based on what I am reading.

2. I was not clear on what app we met so I am sure they may say something about that. Let's hope not...

3. I did not send any copies of conversations (emails. whatsapp, Skype, etc.). If any, I'll take that to the interview or upon request.

All and all, I hope I don't get a RFE. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I am glad I found this thread: Thank you for all your information. I really helps clearing some doubts I had and eased my concerns about getting a RFE.

1. I sent my fiance's G325-A and statement of intent to marry scanned (statement of intent to marry was not dated, only signed). I hope I don't get an RFE for that based on what I am reading.

2. I was not clear on what app we met so I am sure they may say something about that. Let's hope not...

3. I did not send any copies of conversations (emails. whatsapp, Skype, etc.). If any, I'll take that to the interview or upon request.

All and all, I hope I don't get a RFE. :(

1. You should be okay with the scanned signatures. RFE's for that since the memo update is really rare if non- existent. I do not think it actually requires a date on the letter of intent so lets hope you are okay on that front. They probably assume it was filled out close to time of the petition being sent so you should be okay. RFE's have been for not including the letter of intent at all. Looking back at my data there is nothing about missing a date.

2. Not being clear on circumstances of meeting may get you an RFE, but you also may be able to get through without it as well. Just in case I would recommend coming up with the full details of the information you think you may have left out now, that way in case you do get an RFE you can respond quickly without much delay.

3. I can't say from experience if Columbia is an Embassy where you need to front load. I would check in their regional forum linked here for better information on Embassy specifics such as this. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/ (That is if you haven't checked it out already!)

Overall though, I think you should be okay! My best advise would be to not stress about an RFE until you get one! If you do get one, just ask in the forum for assistance or check here to see what others have done to get their approvals after an RFE. Good luck and here is wishing a speedy approval to you! (Hurrah for more July 2016 filers!!!)

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline

You will most likely get an RFE since you did not send in the evidence (email, chat and skype logs) since that is part of the things asked for with sending in the I-129f as it was part of the instructions.

They will also want to know how/where you met..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You will most likely get an RFE since you did not send in the evidence (email, chat and skype logs) since that is part of the things asked for with sending in the I-129f as it was part of the instructions.

There is no requirement to send emails and chat logs with the I-129F petition. Where in the instructions are you seeing that?

You need proof of meeting in person within the 2 years prior to filing. Emails and chat logs cannot prove that. That is for front-loading proof of relationship, which is not a requirement of the I-129F petition. They will not send an RFE for something that is not required.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

There is no requirement to send emails and chat logs with the I-129F petition. Where in the instructions are you seeing that?

You need proof of meeting in person within the 2 years prior to filing. Emails and chat logs cannot prove that. That is for front-loading proof of relationship, which is not a requirement of the I-129F petition. They will not send an RFE for something that is not required.

You are right, I had to go back and re read the instructions.

It was back last fall/winter that I did all the paperwork and just forgot. I had read somewhere that you had to send it in, but maybe it was somewhere on here saying it was better..

My mistake, although since I did send it all in, my fiancee had no need for it at her interview, so they will need all this for there interview since it was not sent in with the application.

thanks for correcting my mistake, hate for someone to be worried due to me being wrong..

That is untrue.

There are absolutely no official instructions from the USCIS or other reputable sources of information that state you need to send chat logs at all.

So no, if you're going to receive an RFE it won't be because you didn't send chat logs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you guys for all your responses. That puts me a little more at ease. I was planning on taking all constant-communication evidence to the interview as you recommended. just in case they ask for it. As you guys stated before: I only turned in what is required and went by the "optional checklist" they have posted on the Fiance/e Visa page.

Crossing my fingers they won't get me foe anything else. Once again. Thank you so much for your advice.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Question on REF.

I am a USC and submitted an I-129F for a K1 finance visa with all the necessary documents and photo evidence of meeting my fiance in the last two years cos I travelled to visit her in Nigeira in May 2016 and was there for 10days. I also submitted my divorce decree to my ex I was married to for 14yrsale and have been divorced now 4 years. Although I was previously married to a Nigerian woman for just a year prior to coming here in the 90s but that marriage was terminated way back in the 90s before marrying my former ex. Though I didn't talk about that previous marriage in my I-129F form.

Now I got an RFE for the following:

1.Provide legible divorce decree of marriage (s) between you and the beneficiary signed by a judge. My fiance has never been married.

2. Provide US Passport with identification page and stamped page of visit to meet with beneficiary with two years preceeding the filing.

Question is since I didn't talk about the previous marriage in the 90s before my ex on the I-129F form and I only talked about my divorce to my ex, should I include both divorce decrees of all previous marriages or just send back a nortorized copy of the last divorce to my ex?

Should I make copies of stamped passport showing evidence of visit to fiance and get it nortorized? Help need before responding to the RFE. I will really appreciate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

1. ALL divorce decrees (long version, signed by a judge) has to be sent in. If you've been married and divorced 7 times, you send in 7 divorce decrees (example).

2. No notorized passport copy needed. Just copy the ID page of the passport and every page up to (and including) the stamp that shows you flew to Nigeria to see her.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.