Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your updates and providing everyone with helpful information with regards to an RFE and how to reply to get an approval. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

The list has been updated through Booboo1114's post. Thank you for confirming that the RFE paper is still BLUE!

Congratulations to everyone and here is to keeping good mojo flowing to those that are still awaiting their approval!!!!

Please keep posting and I will continue to update the list! Please remember that if any of you need further details regarding the shortened version of the RFE and the Reply that was sent please PM me with your question. If you PM me please include the name of the VJ Member you need a further explanation on so I can more quickly (and accurately) get a response to you!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I notice that some people are confused abt where to send their response. When I received my rfe they sent a reply envelope for me to send it in. Did anybody else receive a reply envelope?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Congrats! :D

Thank you so much!

Pamela the U.S. Petitioner

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

K-1 Visa Journey AOS Journey

Feb 09, 2016: Sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox Nov 21, 2016: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

Feb 11, 2016: Dallas Lockbox Received I-129f (sent to CSC)

Feb 17, 2016: Received NOA1 Email

Feb 22, 2016: Received NOA1 Hard Copy

Mar 09, 2016: Received Vaccinations

Apr 11, 2016: Received RFE Email

Apr 18, 2016: Received RFE Hard Copy

Apr 18, 2016: Sent Reply for RFE

Apr 19, 2016: CSC Received RFE Reply

May 11, 2016: Received NOA2 Email (85 days)

May 16, 2016: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Jun 02, 2016: NVC Received our Case

Jun 03, 2016: Received Case Number

Jun 06, 2016: Medical

Jun 07, 2016: Case Left NVC for Embassy

Jun 09, 2016: Embassy Received Case "Ready"

Aug 02, 2016: Interview!!! APPROVED!!!!!

Aug 18, 2016: Visa Issued

Aug 25, 2016: POE JFK New York City

Aug 26, 2016: MARRIED!! :wub: (L) :dancing:

Timeline

I notice that some people are confused abt where to send their response. When I received my rfe they sent a reply envelope for me to send it in. Did anybody else receive a reply envelope?

I received the envelope but did not use it because it wasn't big enough and I wanted to overnight my response back.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

Feb 09, 2016: Sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox Nov 21, 2016: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

Timeline

I received the envelope but did not use it because it wasn't big enough and I wanted to overnight my response back.

Thanks Booooo for your response. I used the envelope cos all they needed from me was my divorce papers signed by Judge. Anyway I got a response letting me know that they received it.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

hello guys,

since we know, we got a ref couple days ago through the app, we haven't got any text message or email even we sent the form of G-1145. is that normal? we are waiting to get the hard copy as mentioned in our case at the app to know what's exactly and start to work on that. we have checked our application many times, there wasn't any thing could be missed. what it could be else? I mean what is the popular ref of uscis recently? we understand we must answer uscis within a month since the ref issued. but how about how long does it take to response us? i mean just any timeframe or there is no any?

thnx in advanced for anyone could help

regards

hello guys,

since we know, we got a ref couple days ago through the app, we haven't got any text message or email even we sent the form of G-1145. is that normal? we are waiting to get the hard copy as mentioned in our case at the app to know what's exactly and start to work on that. we have checked our application many times, there wasn't any thing could be missed. what it could be else? I mean what is the popular ref of uscis recently? we understand we must answer uscis within a month since the ref issued. but how about how long does it take to response us? i mean just any timeframe or there is no any?

regards

Attaching the g1145 to your application means they will send electronic notifications of acceptance. If you want further notices sent to phone and email you'll have to sign up for an my uscis account, there you can choose which way you want to receive notifications.

Only the actual rfe letter will have an explanation of what it is about, it wouldn't show up in a notification. You'll have to wait and see. It could be a number of things like missing a signature, a box to be ticked, blank space... Best thing to do is wait, wondering what could be can drive yourself mad.

After replying to your rfe, things seem to move faster, but seeing as csc is slowing its pace from the Lightning speed it's been, that can take a while, it's hard to predict. I'd say at least 2 weeks, but shouldn't be more than 2 months after.

Timeline

hello guys,

regards

That is unusual to receive it on the app and not directly from them. I received a text message the same day telling me that I would receive it in the mail. And when they received my response they also sent another text message letting me know that they had received it

Timeline

Attaching the g1145 to your application means they will send electronic notifications of acceptance. If you want further notices sent to phone and email you'll have to sign up for an my uscis account, there you can choose which way you want to receive notifications.

Only the actual rfe letter will have an explanation of what it is about, it wouldn't show up in a notification. You'll have to wait and see. It could be a number of things like missing a signature, a box to be ticked, blank space... Best thing to do is wait, wondering what could be can drive yourself mad.

After replying to your rfe, things seem to move faster, but seeing as csc is slowing its pace from the Lightning speed it's been, that can take a while, it's hard to predict. I'd say at least 2 weeks, but shouldn't be more than 2 months after.

oh i got it, well actually we signed up and have seen the notification at our account. you are right the best to wait for the hard copy after that we can take an action forward. well that's not bad as you mentioned since csc facing a big load of cases from different centres. we wish for all couple got ref to head good news soonest :)

That is unusual to receive it on the app and not directly from them. I received a text message the same day telling me that I would receive it in the mail. And when they received my response they also sent another text message letting me know that they had received it

yea that's why we are wondering. we will be waiting for this coming week to hear from them to start prepare our docs to answer them and wait for response. once again thnx ;)

oh i got it, well actually we signed up and have seen the notification at our account. you are right the best to wait for the hard copy after that we can take an action forward. well that's not bad as you mentioned since csc facing a big load of cases from different centres. we wish for all couple got ref to head good news soonest :)

Take a look at your my uscis and check if the text and email boxes are ticked. From what I've been reading around here the notifications are wonky and are taking a lot longer to get to people, maybe this is the case. Hopefully it will be something easy and quick to fix and your approval arrives by next month. Fingers crossed. Good luck!

Timeline

Take a look at your my uscis and check if the text and email boxes are ticked. From what I've been reading around here the notifications are wonky and are taking a lot longer to get to people, maybe this is the case. Hopefully it will be something easy and quick to fix and your approval arrives by next month. Fingers crossed. Good luck!

thnx a lot we appreciate it. well you are right when we checked it, it was off no idea WHO turned off. hopefully we are praying that will be something easy to response them immediately.

once again thnx p-ana :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I see someone else a page or two ago asked this question but didn't get an answer, and it applies to our just-submitted case as well.

If the petitioner's long form birth certificate only has one side, should we expect an RFE for both sides? We copied both sides incase there was some sort of watermark like what appeared on the front, but the back just came out as a blank sheet of paper, so we didn't include it because, well, it's blank? Lol. We thought it would be strange to have a blank sheet of paper behind the copy of the front - and didn't know how you'd explain that short of attaching a typed letter to the front explaining the blank page was a copy of the back?

Thanks in advance!

Timeline

I see someone else a page or two ago asked this question but didn't get an answer, and it applies to our just-submitted case as well.

If the petitioner's long form birth certificate only has one side, should we expect an RFE for both sides? We copied both sides incase there was some sort of watermark like what appeared on the front, but the back just came out as a blank sheet of paper, so we didn't include it because, well, it's blank? Lol. We thought it would be strange to have a blank sheet of paper behind the copy of the front - and didn't know how you'd explain that short of attaching a typed letter to the front explaining the blank page was a copy of the back?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure I mean if it's blank it's pointless to send it maybe also put a letter explaining all that along with it. Also you can add all the pages of the passport because they require a birth certificate or all the pages of the passport, just to cover all your bases.

Hope this helps

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi! I sent G-325 & Letter of Intent to my fiancee in Russia to sign and I'm not sure if it's OK to send back to me by e-mail. Nowhere I can find if they have to be original not a photocopy. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

From what I've seen analysing the ####### out of everything on this site, first make sure you're talking G325A and not G325 because they're apparently different forms; and if it's possible you should get your fiancée to send back the original because it looks like some RFEs they want "wet" (ie real) signatures and not copies. Could be okay though as your cover letter will state that for any submitted photocopies you acknowledge you may need to send the originals at a later date on request... Just my opinion that it seems easier to avoid that chance altogether and submit original signatures.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.