Gwegner

I 130 sent in with everything now they are asking for More info before interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

We started our paperwork for my husbands visa in March 2015, the paperwork was accepted. Now in September we got a letter asking for more information showing our marriage is bonified vs a visa marriage.
We already sent in all our documents, lots of pictures, and letters from friends & family. What other documents can we sent to PROVE we are in a real marriage. We have been married for 1.5+ years, he is living in Morocco with family and I in the USA, we talk every day via skype or FB, we do not use snail mail. I have been there 2x and can/have sent pictures of my passport & pictures of this.. We have spend all our money on a lawyer and visa costs, so I can not afford to travel there again for now.

We are getting more letters from family and friends. More pictures & I am gonna change my name and take his. (We are Muslim so I did not originally, but feel like we need to now). But any suggestions as to what else???

THanks in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

what else did you send?

Who is asking (NVC, embassy after a first interview)?

I wouldn't bother with letters from friends and family attesting to the marriage, they mean nothing. If on the other hand you have letters and congrats cards addressed to both of you, that can help.

Were your and his family at the wedding? Showing pics of them there can help.

What about joint finances? I know this is difficult when you live apart, but do you have any joint accounts, or is he listed as the beneficiary on your life insurance or something?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you don't have any joint accounts or assets, try sending in Skype Logs, FB chat logs, any cards from birthdays you've sent, flight confirmations, hotel confirmations, ticket stubs, even little cute notes back and forth work. For a lot of reasons its hard to get joint accounts, I know for us it was hard due to not having a green card already to get a bank account together, so it's not uncommon. If you work, try to see if you can get him on your benefits or get on his under life insurance. Most well known companies will put a foreign spouse on a life insurance policy :)

Make sure photos show not just selfies, but anything with family members. If you don't have wedding photos (we didn't) use honeymoon photos.

Even though it's true letters from Family friends aren't very helpful, if you have less evidence than normal, it might help. Just make sure to have them notarized and signed. I'd send in 3 or 4 from both sides (So your friends and his friends). Like I said, it might not mean much, but in your case, the more you can prove the better.

Best of luck! Keep us posted. You will get there!

The Path to Finding My Soul Mate ❤️

2008 - Met on deviantART.com
2009 - Visited each other for the first time as best friends.
2010 - Realized we were meant to be more than friends ❤️
Christmas of 2011 - Engaged!

July 5, 2013 - MARRIED!!
July 18, 2013 - DOMA IS STRUCK DOWN!!!

Waiting on IR-1 Visa to be approved then will celebrate with the beach ceremony/reception of our dreams ❤️

My Visa Journey for IR-1

11/21/2013 - I-130 Package Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

11/26/2013 - Package Arrived in Phoenix!! Waiting on NOA1!

12/02/2013 - NOA1 received VIA Email! Waiting on Hard Copy!

12/04/2013 - Hard Copy Arrived, waiting on approval!!

06/26/2014 - E-Request sent, Security Check still pending. Still waiting on Approval.
07/05/2014 - Our first marriage anniversary!
08/17/2014 - Still awaiting approval. Planning on sending 2nd E-Request in September
10/09/2014 - I-130 APPROVED, NOA2 Received by E-Mail, waiting for package in the mail!! 311 days later, wow!
12/05/2015 - NVC Received. Assigned Case # and Will be Going to Montreal!
12/11/2015 - AOS and IV Bill paid!!!
05/13/2015 - AOS and IV Package sent!
07/05/2015 - Happy Two Year Anniversary!
08/27/2015 - Interview Confirmed on September 25, 2015 at 8am! WE'RE GOING TO MONTREAL! Fingers crossed!! (one day before my birthday!)
09/08/2015 - Medical Done in Toronto with Dr. Lyndon (Highly recommend! Easy to get too via the subway). All clear there! Waiting for it to come in the Mail
09/25/2015 - Visa APPROVED!

Total Time Taken (Till Interview): 1 Year 10 Months

Point of Entry/Green Card Delivery

09/26/2015 - Back home from Montreal, waiting for LOOMIS delivery to pick up VISA
09/30/2015 - Visa Arrived in London, ON for pick up; Visa in hand!
10/01/2015 - Flight Booked! Moving date is October 7th!
10/07/2015 - POE @ YYZ (Toronto Pearson International). Waiting on Greencard delivery

2019 UPDATE Going Home to Canada. Process for their application took 4 months. Smell ya later USA. Won't miss ya.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Letter? Was this an RFE? That would tell you exactluy what they want and give you a timeframe to return the evidence.

1. Add him as beneficary to a life insurance policy

2. Add him to a utility bill / water company allowed this but electric company didn't in my area

3. If still at USCIS by time you do Taxes, fill out the W-7 to get his ITIN so he can be added on income tax forms. With the ITIN (Individual taxpayer ID number) you can add him to bank account.

4. If you own property, do a quick claim deed and add him on deed.

5. Write a will making him your beneficary / not the executor as he is not in the US.

Letters from family are not really accepted but affidavits are as they are legal documents. So, do a few from family members. I drove 10 hours to banks of NC for my mom to sign an affidavit saying i told her when i accepted his proposal. (Examples online)

Most of these things are not required for other countries but you are dealing with Morocco and they want co-mingling of assests. I have been though this. Please do not let other others on here from other countries say this is not necessary. If i had done this in the beginning, we would have gotten the visa sooner. You are dealing with Morocco and it is hard. We were successful and my Adil is here but ours was a 6 year fight.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Not sure about the details of the documents you sent, but i believe they give the least priority to the photos. For mine, I did not include any photos or chat logs or phone records but had put several evidences of bonafide relationship/marriage and it was approved without a RFE. We got married this year and my wife is still using her maiden name. If it helps, I had sent the following.

1. Proof of gifts i had sent to her - since i had sent gifts online, i had the confirmation/receipt in my email which i submitted.

2. Copies of money transfer to her at several occasions

3. Travel itinerary along with copies of stamped pages of my passport showing the travel dates.

4. Affidavit of marriage/relationship from my dad and brother

5. Copy of the credit card under her name as an authorized user.

6. Copy of bank statements showing her as my beneficiary ( I put the reason that the bank did not allow me to open a joint account since she is not in US, so all i could do as add her as a beneficiary)

7. Copy of insurance coverage showing her as my beneficiary

In your case, i think sending more photos and more letters from frens and families will not help since they already have that. I believe they are looking for proof of bonafide relationship and not only the marriage. You said you sent letters from frens/families, did you mean affidavits or just normal letters? Send affidavits if you want to send more and not the letters.

I suggest try to send anything that shows the relationship between you two throughout all these years and not only at the time of marriage. If you have anything that I mentioned above, send those including chat logs and/or phone records at several time intervals which proves you two have an ongoing marital relationship.

Good luck..

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Changing your name will not influence the outcome of the case.

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

I read your post and I was thinking that your relationship with your Moroccan hubby seems a lot similar to my relationship with my Moroccan hubby. But I never got a RFE to provide more information/evidence which causes me to think that you didn't front-load enough to convince them.

What kind of photos did you send? Did you include photos from your wedding? If you didn't have an actually wedding, did you have a ceremony of something sort to show that you two were married or honeymoon pics as the previous poster commented?

As for as Facebook, did you post photos or comments that would show that you and your hubby have a consistent communication as a married couple. Send them copies of the Messages of your communication. What I did was I took screen shots of what I posted and I got them developed as photos and I included them in my petition package. My hubby told me that the interviewer told him "your wife sure (me) did an outstanding job in frontloading and providing evidence". :thumbs:

Did you file taxes as married jointly with his name on it too?

The key to find and submit evidence that you had in the past during the time you have as a couple. Don't go get new evidence created now. (add him to an bank account) That would just cause them to wonder. I wasn't able to do that anyways because he had to be in the country and have a social security to be added to any bank account or medical insurance. But you can add him as a beneficiary to an insurance policy if you have one.

Best wishes and good luck! Keep me posted!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You have been married for 1.5 years and you have been to see him twice. Did you marry the first or second visit? How long did you stay each time? Is there a big age gap?

Things like this shouldn't perhaps matter but we all know that in some countries it does

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am curious you said you hired a lawyer did you lawyer give you the exact copy of what they sent n? Trust me I have seen this oh too many times people who hired a lawyer and to their surprise nothing but marriage certificate or are minimum was submitted. Lawyers saying "you can bring to interview.".

Because most lawyers don't know the specifics of each embassy they usually just think one way.

So wait for your letter fro USCIS. But be sure tomorrow calling lawyer and getting your copy of hat they sent n to USCIS.

Connect the dots.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.