Steven&Jelena

I feel horrible I need advice

82 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

My fiancé and I also have a baby together, we both agreed that it will be best to give birth in Japan where i had good health insurance and everything worked out, I gave birth in June, my fiancé flew here after three weeks, went to the consulate and applied for the baby's paperwork, in less than two weeks I received his birth registration and US passport and a week later his social security card.

Healthy Women travel up to 35 weeks of pregnancy and is perfectly save. If the bacteria infection you have is called Group B streptococcus then you have nothing to worry about. if you are healthy enough to fly why not. is your body only you will know whats up with it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I understand where your fiance is coming from, but point blank it's not safe to travel this far in with so many complications. :( Most airlines won't even take a pregnant woman after 28 weeks for the risk of pre-mature labor. I don't think it's a risk worth taking!

Not true, I flew at 8 months pregnant and noon at the airline said a word.

OP,do what is in the best interest of your child. Your fiance is being very selfish!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Healthy Women travel up to 35 weeks of pregnancy and is perfectly save. If the bacteria infection you have is called Group B streptococcus then you have nothing to worry about. if you are healthy enough to fly why not. is your body only you will know whats up with it

That is very wrong advice.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_group-b-streptococcus-screening_1647.bc

http://sogc.org/publications/group-b-streptococcus-gbs-infection-in-pregnancy/

My fiancé and I also have a baby together, we both agreed that it will be best to give birth in Japan where i had good health insurance and everything worked out, I gave birth in June, my fiancé flew here after three weeks, went to the consulate and applied for the baby's paperwork, in less than two weeks I received his birth registration and US passport and a week later his social security card.

A very sensible solution for all involved. :thumbs:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

He does not sound like a man that I would want to marry! He doesn't care about you or your child. Don't listen to him! What a jerk. If my partner ever threatened to leave me over something like that, I would say "GOODBYE THEN! I DONT NEED YOU ANYWAYS!" You should never be with someone who cares so little for your well being. Find someone that adores every ounce of your soul and wants to protect you, not put you in danger.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, Jelena!

Well, I´m a doctor who works at the airport and I deal with patients in your situation, almost everyday!!

I can´t exactly say about your case because I don´t know about the details of your pregnancy, but I can say that if you really, really, really want to fly and be next to your fiancé is just go to a doctor which one will accept make a letter saying that you can fly (doctors from airports are not allowed to do that, so you have to go to one from your place, city...) and all the flight companies have to accept if your doctor allowed. I know about the bacteria that you are talking about and definitely is dangerous for the baby to get birth without you receiveving the antibiotic. The only way without the antobiotic is make a c-section and during a flight is impossible! lol

The possibility for you to give birth inside of a plane is kinda small, because the labor time is not that fast, specially for the first baby. But with premature labor we never know for sure nothing... That´s why your doctor is worried about you. If you find a doctor who is more experienced with this kind of situations (fly conditions during pregnancy), I think he/she will advice you and look at your case to see which are the real risks and it will make you feel more safe to flight, ok?

I can imagine how hard is your situation, and if I can help you more, feel free to make questions, ok? ;)

Good luck for all of us!!!

Be fine! :)

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

1. Before he had to leave his work to come to see me bacause he couldnt take off.

2. And he wants to find better job now and concentrate on it.

3. He also aplied for police academy so he told me he wont e ale to come to me even in a few days because he have to focus on his career.

4. So if i don't come now i will e on my own and he wouldn't help me financial with baby too and he would continue his life without me.

5. i growed up without father and somethimes it wasnt nice at all because a lot of kids at school bully me cuz that , i dont want my child to grow like that too.

1. This sounds like deep, genuine commitment on his part -- love over job. What man does that?

2. It sounds as though he has the best long-term interests of his future family in mind.

3. It sounds as though he has the best long-term interests of his future family in mind.

4. This sounds not like abandonment, but rather that he's trying to manage crucial timing.

5. Very sensible, and crucial for the child -- strive for this.

To others here: The OP had given us sparse information until the above post. I see only commitment and forethought, versus dismissiveness or abuse.

We next need to hear details from the OP about her fiance's treatment of her throughout their relationship. Until now, we've been focusing only on the trip and impending birth.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

You are right, even if he don't wnat to come back and if we end our relationship if i don't come next week.... i will do the right thing, i don't want to put my unborn child in any risk.

That's really great you are trying to do what's right for you and your baby. You are definitely doing the right thing by not flying. If you're in the air, it's hard to have proper medical attention so it's better to wait until after the baby is born and you have the OK from your doctor. I'm also glad Serbia seems to care about your safety. I agree with blondedoc that you should discuss with your doctor all of your options. If you really want to go, tell your doctor to ok it. If you've been placed on bed rest, it's probably for the best you don't go. I have experienced the flight from the Balkans to the US more than once and it's not very fun. Plus, the flight changes and the walking. Nije dobro! Please don't go just because of the threats from your fiance. Only go if you think it's worth it. Either way, he needs to get his priorities straight and realize what's REALLY important.

I hope everything works out for you and your baby! I hope that everything works out for you and your fiance also. ^_^

Edited by MrsAwakened

IR-1/CR-1 - Waiver Journey

USCIS

08/18/2015 :Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

08/20/2015 :Arrived at Chicago Lockbox facility

08/25/2015 :Received NOA1 via email, file routed to CSC

09/01/2015 :Received NOA1 via mail

09/15/2015 :Approved I-130 (NOA2 via myUSCIS) - 22 days from NOA1

09/30/2015 :Received NOA2 via mail (approximately)

NVC

10/13/2015 :Arrived at NVC - 27 days from NOA2

10/13/2015 :Assigned Case Number & IIN Number

10/15/2015 :Invoiced AOS fee

10/15/2015 :Paid AOS fee

10/15/2015 :Submitted DS-261

10/20/2015 :Marked AOS fee as PAID

10/30/2015 :Approved DS-261 - 16 days from submitting

11/03/2015 :Invoiced IV fee

11/03/2015 :Paid IV fee via CEAC - rejected by bank

11/09/2015 :Paid IV fee via CEAC - approved by bank

11/12/2015 :Marked IV fee as PAID

11/12/2015 :Invoiced IV Application (DS-260)

11/16/2015 :Submitted IV Application (DS-260)

11/27/2015 :Submitted IV & AOS Packet

12/09/2015 :Arrived at NVC (IV & AOS Packet)

01/15/2016 :Called NVC

01/20/2016 :Sent to Supervisor (Court Doc. Confusion)

02/19/2016 :Called NVC (Verbal RFE for Court Doc.)

02/22/2016 :CASE COMPLETE

02/29/2016 :Received Case Complete via email

02/29/2016 :Called NVC (RFE was a mistake/No RFE)

EMBASSY

03/11/2016 : Received Interview Letter via email

03/29/2016 : Medical Exam

04/11/2016 : INTERVIEW

08/29/2016 : Sent US Criminal History to US Embassy

09/01/2016 : Arrived at US Embassy (US Criminal History)

09/29/2016 : Received updated via email

02/01/2017 : SECOND INTERVIEW

03/17/2017 : USCIS InfoPass Appointment

More in my profile!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Of course you can get health insurance while on K1, Ebunulowa. From the second you enter the country! What a strange thing to say you cannot! There are special plans for incoming immigrants that you can take out for any amount of days (like 22 days), not even monthly. Since they are not subject to Obamacare and are only for non-citizens they may have strict rules about existing conditions, i.e. not cover a birth.

You should still get one if and when you arrive and not wait for the wedding.

I would never enter the country without!

Edited by D.Ba

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Please don't give out medical advice you don't know anything about. You're just guessing. Her doctor has told her she's not safe and doctors generally know what they're talking about.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi, Jelena!

Well, I´m a doctor who works at the airport and I deal with patients in your situation, almost everyday!!

I can´t exactly say about your case because I don´t know about the details of your pregnancy, but I can say that if you really, really, really want to fly and be next to your fiancé is just go to a doctor which one will accept make a letter saying that you can fly (doctors from airports are not allowed to do that, so you have to go to one from your place, city...) and all the flight companies have to accept if your doctor allowed. I know about the bacteria that you are talking about and definitely is dangerous for the baby to get birth without you receiveving the antibiotic. The only way without the antobiotic is make a c-section and during a flight is impossible! lol

The possibility for you to give birth inside of a plane is kinda small, because the labor time is not that fast, specially for the first baby. But with premature labor we never know for sure nothing... That´s why your doctor is worried about you. If you find a doctor who is more experienced with this kind of situations (fly conditions during pregnancy), I think he/she will advice you and look at your case to see which are the real risks and it will make you feel more safe to flight, ok?

I can imagine how hard is your situation, and if I can help you more, feel free to make questions, ok? ;)

Good luck for all of us!!!

Be fine! :)

That's really great you are trying to do what's right for you and your baby. You are definitely doing the right thing by not flying. If you're in the air, it's hard to have proper medical attention so it's better to wait until after the baby is born and you have the OK from your doctor. I'm also glad Serbia seems to care about your safety. I agree with blondedoc that you should discuss with your doctor all of your options. If you really want to go, tell your doctor to ok it. If you've been placed on bed rest, it's probably for the best you don't go. I have experienced the flight from the Balkans to the US more than once and it's not very fun. Plus, the flight changes and the walking. Nije dobro! Please don't go just because of the threats from your fiance. Only go if you think it's worth it. Either way, he needs to get his priorities straight and realize what's REALLY important.

I hope everything works out for you and your baby! I hope that everything works out for you and your fiance also. ^_^

If the doctor has said it is unsafe to fly, why should she then go from doctor to doctor to find someone who will say "okay, fly". You have no idea what's going to happen if she goes on that flight and if something goes wrong she's in danger. Yes, first time labor is slow, but like she explained she needs antibiotics during the labor. That won't be available for her in an airplane. And with complications things can go really fast. I definitely think she's doing the right thing by NOT flying. Flying would put both her life and the baby's life in danger.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.