Steven&Jelena

I feel horrible I need advice

82 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hey girl, I'm from Croatia and I'm getting my K1 fiance visa too! I hope that you are doing good now :) However, I'm going to be honest, if my fiance said that to me, I would leave him. I would, because I cannot believe that he would be so damn selfish and reply to me like that. You are carrying HIS CHILD! He should of come to Serbia like....YESTERDAY! If he is behaving like this now, imagine other hurtful things that he could tell you in the future... When you gonna be alone, far away from your home country and your family. If he really cares about you, then he will prove that by coming here and by showing his support. DO NOT PUT YOUR CHILD'S SAFETY INTO JEOPARDY!!!! Your child is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing right now! Just think about your precious angel. Jebeš njega, ali stvarno. Ako zelis razgovarat slobodno mi se javi, samo se nemoj nervirati oko idiota, vjeruj mi i ja sam prolazila kroz svašta.

I really hope that everything is going to turn out okay,

God Bless you xxx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am sorry your fiance has put you in this position. It is pretty clear what will happen if you move to the US on his timeline. However, I understand you love him, just be aware that it is no longer about you. It is not about him. It is about that precious child.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, people had already said a lot but if I can add something I'll have couple of things to add.

What were exactly the words he said to you? Were they exactly the way you post here? Or the post was more your interpretation of it?

You don't need to say to us but just reflect on it and check how you feel.

Although nobody needs to do anything that they don't feel comfortable doing sometimes a little push make us go beyond our fears and accomplish more than we thought we could. You are facing a delicate health situation for you and your baby. Ask yourself how much the risk is real and how much fear you are adding to it. Easily said then done, but try.

Think about the financial situation in your country and in U.S. and discuss it with your fiancé to understand which choice makes more sense for your short and long-term plans considering the delivery costs.

And finally never makes a decision to stick to a man that is less than you wish and deserve fearing it will be worse to be alone. Believe me, both situations have their challenges. When you are in a good relationship you will feel loved and have support but still have challenges. If you are in a bad relationship challenges can be worse than if you are by yourself with a little kid to raise.

Try to put yourself in a more calm state of mind and talk to yourself for a while. What advice would you give yourself?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The fiance's reaction is curiously extreme. Might he be worried about the unplanned expenses involved with a last-minute airfare, or losing more time from his job? Unless this behavior has been typical during the relationship, perhaps something else is underlying it.

OP, is his behavior in character or out of character for him?

Always the voice of wisdom :D Well said, it just might be clouding his reactions.

Edited by Soloenta

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Hello Jelena,

I know you've had a lot of responses already, but as a person who had a baby in May I just wanted to say to you, that your health and the health of your baby is paramount. I had an uncomplicated straight forward pregnancy (thank God), I did travel to the US when I was 3 months and 4 months pregnant but there was no way I was getting on a flight after 6/7 months into my pregnancy, travelling when not being pregnant can be stressful, let alone when heavily pregnant. Then there's the stress of where you will have your baby in the US and the financial side of it. My husband has insurance through work, but as I already started my antenatal care and was familiar with the hospital and medical professionals where I gave birth it made sense to have the baby in London. My husband came to London for the birth and we applied for a CRBA which was processed quite quickly. Myself and my son are now in the US only having travelled here last month as I wanted the baby to have some of his vaccinations in London before coming here (US).

As has already been said, please do not feel bullied into putting your health and the health of your unborn baby at risk, you know what is right/best for the both of you.

I wish you all the best in your pregnancy and future.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Red Flag all over! Teach him a lesson and you will do yourself and the baby a favor! If this is how he is away from you, how much more if you are with him?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

so much nitpicking, so much closed mindedness, so many seeds of hatred from so many and towards anyone that it can be directed towards... I really don't get how so many "developed minds" from so many "developed countries" can be so quick to suggest the end of relationships rather than the fostering of love,, and suggest a final decision to every question rather than invoking a helpful spirit of possibilities.. maybe the site is just packed with extremely stressed people, but my hat is off to those with an open mind to honestly help this child enter the world with a mom and dad that are closer and more ready to love it... good luck OP.. please use a strict filter against comments based in derision

I don't always get my posts deleted on V.J., but when I do it's a good indication I was right and they couldn't handle it !!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

at this point you are only the financee and he can't get you on his insurance plan and you have to be here 60 days to apply for other insurance/ you need to go online and look at our insurance rules/ obviously he hasn't

you need to talk to family and discuss all concerns with them and him

Quite a few people are saying these are empty threats...that doesn't matter!! It's still a threat and that is still abuse even if it is empty and has absolutely no place in a relationship. This shouldn't have been said at all, he shouldn't be acting this way to begin with, especially when he is about to take on a lot more responsibility! I would just say "alright, see you!" and walk away before you get in too deep.

Maybe this is a sign that you need to move on to something else. Maybe something is warning you before you become trapped in a marriage and in a different country that you should not be going through with this.

Edit: At the absolute minimum you need to have a conversation with him that you won't tolerate that behavior, especially with a baby about to arrive, and that he needs to listen to the mother-to-be in this situation, because momma knows best!

Edited by AmAjjD

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

so much nitpicking, so much closed mindedness, so many seeds of hatred from so many and towards anyone that it can be directed towards... I really don't get how so many "developed minds" from so many "developed countries" can be so quick to suggest the end of relationships rather than the fostering of love,, and suggest a final decision to every question rather than invoking a helpful spirit of possibilities.. maybe the site is just packed with extremely stressed people, but my hat is off to those with an open mind to honestly help this child enter the world with a mom and dad that are closer and more ready to love it... good luck OP.. please use a strict filter against comments based in derision

There's a lot of red flags, and as soon as she enters the country, he has a lot more control over her than he already has. That's dangerous. She comes here, she'll depend on him in different ways. He's the one who would give her a home, give her money, bring her to the hospital, and if she's sick or something is wrong with her or the baby after she gives birth, it's him who has to take care of them.

From what she's telling us right now, he doesn't sound like he wants to or can do that, and that is a problem. That's a problem if she's just her fiance, but it's an even bigger problem if she brings a child or gives birth to a child that also depends on him.

There are other cases on this website where women came here and once they were married, their husbands "changed" and became abusive. That's what we want to protect her from. And the child, too.

He can prove that he wants to be a good father and husband, she doesn't have to be in the US for that. If he's serious about this relationship and being a father, he can go to Serbia right now and prove it.

2012: met the woman of my life :wub:

June 2014: filed I-129F

May 2015: visa in hand - got married (L)

June 2015: filed I-485 and I-765

October 2015: EAD

November 2015: Potential Interview Waiver Notice

February 2016: AOS Case transferred to San Francisco office

March 2016: GC in hand (no interview)

If the doctor has said it is unsafe to fly, why should she then go from doctor to doctor to find someone who will say "okay, fly". You have no idea what's going to happen if she goes on that flight and if something goes wrong she's in danger. Yes, first time labor is slow, but like she explained she needs antibiotics during the labor. That won't be available for her in an airplane. And with complications things can go really fast. I definitely think she's doing the right thing by NOT flying. Flying would put both her life and the baby's life in danger.

Yeach going from doctor to doctor is not a good idea! Even if she wanted to do that, she should realize how many connecting flights there are and how longggggg the one crossing the ocean is. Seriously, the flight from the Balkans to the US is NOT fun for even non-pregnant people. It's safer for Jelena to stay in Serbia where they actually seem to care. Also, her family is there and she seems like she needs a good support system. Maybe she can also find a therapist. :)

He can prove that he wants to be a good father and husband, she doesn't have to be in the US for that. If he's serious about this relationship and being a father, he can go to Serbia right now and prove it.

This is 10000% accurate. Thank you for writing this.

If he is behaving like this now, imagine other hurtful things that he could tell you in the future... When you gonna be alone, far away from your home country and your family. If he really cares about you, then he will prove that by coming here and by showing his support. DO NOT PUT YOUR CHILD'S SAFETY INTO JEOPARDY!!!! Your child is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing right now! Just think about your precious angel. Jebe njega, ali stvarno. Ako zelis razgovarat slobodno mi se javi, samo se nemoj nervirati oko idiota, vjeruj mi i ja sam prolazila kroz svata.

As you can see Jelena, you have many people who care about you and your child. If you need to talk, feel free to message us. I'm sure we won't leave you hanging. Also, it might be a good idea to look for a therapist in your area. I know sometimes Balkan people can be kind of skeptical about that sort of stuff but please realize that it is extremely important that you are mentally and emotionally stable for you and your baby. People here are right when saying things are stressful enough with a baby, regardless of other things going in in your life. That means it's best that you take care of yourself and get healthier for your baby ^_^ You gotta be healthy so you can tell your baby about how great pita and ćevapi are when they're older! Haha

People here are saying a lot and it might seem overwhelming. Just read what you can and choose what's right for you. The important thing is that your baby is safe. If your doctor says you shouldn't, that's probably the best advice to follow. As lovely as it would be for your fiance to relax and not try to scare you into doing something unsafe, if he really leaves, please know that there are ways you can get help. I'm saying this applies whether you're in Serbia or the US. :) As I said before, I really hope things do work out for you and your fiance.

Molim te budi oprezan ^_^

There's a saying, "better safe than sorry".

I think you could benefit from this quote!

Edited by MrsAwakened

IR-1/CR-1 - Waiver Journey

USCIS

08/18/2015 :Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

08/20/2015 :Arrived at Chicago Lockbox facility

08/25/2015 :Received NOA1 via email, file routed to CSC

09/01/2015 :Received NOA1 via mail

09/15/2015 :Approved I-130 (NOA2 via myUSCIS) - 22 days from NOA1

09/30/2015 :Received NOA2 via mail (approximately)

NVC

10/13/2015 :Arrived at NVC - 27 days from NOA2

10/13/2015 :Assigned Case Number & IIN Number

10/15/2015 :Invoiced AOS fee

10/15/2015 :Paid AOS fee

10/15/2015 :Submitted DS-261

10/20/2015 :Marked AOS fee as PAID

10/30/2015 :Approved DS-261 - 16 days from submitting

11/03/2015 :Invoiced IV fee

11/03/2015 :Paid IV fee via CEAC - rejected by bank

11/09/2015 :Paid IV fee via CEAC - approved by bank

11/12/2015 :Marked IV fee as PAID

11/12/2015 :Invoiced IV Application (DS-260)

11/16/2015 :Submitted IV Application (DS-260)

11/27/2015 :Submitted IV & AOS Packet

12/09/2015 :Arrived at NVC (IV & AOS Packet)

01/15/2016 :Called NVC

01/20/2016 :Sent to Supervisor (Court Doc. Confusion)

02/19/2016 :Called NVC (Verbal RFE for Court Doc.)

02/22/2016 :CASE COMPLETE

02/29/2016 :Received Case Complete via email

02/29/2016 :Called NVC (RFE was a mistake/No RFE)

EMBASSY

03/11/2016 : Received Interview Letter via email

03/29/2016 : Medical Exam

04/11/2016 : INTERVIEW

08/29/2016 : Sent US Criminal History to US Embassy

09/01/2016 : Arrived at US Embassy (US Criminal History)

09/29/2016 : Received updated via email

02/01/2017 : SECOND INTERVIEW

03/17/2017 : USCIS InfoPass Appointment

More in my profile!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have read most of the messages keenly, I think you said everything. The focus should be about the pregnancy/travel not how she can replaced her man.

K1 Visa Journey (I am the beneficiary) :dance: :dancing:

I-129F - Sent: September 16, 2015

I-129F - Received: September 17, 2015

NOA1 - E-Notification: September 22, 2015 NOA1 - Hard Copy: September 29, 2015

NOA2 - E-Notification: October 16, 2015 NOA2 - Hard Copy: October 24, 2015

NVC Received: November 3, 2015 NVC Case# Assigned; November 4, 2015

NVC Sent to Consulate: November 5, 2015

At Embassy-ready: November 9, 2015

Packet 3 received - November 20, 2015  Packet 3 sent - November 30, 2015

Medicals - December 4, 2015

Packet 4 receiver - December 17, 2015

Interview - January 20, 2016 -- Approved!!!

Visa received - January 29, 2016

POE - May 15, 2016

05/27/2016 - MARRIED!!!

AOS

05/31/2016 - AOS & EAD & AP applications mailed via USPS priority mail

06/01/2016 - Delivered to Chicago and signed for.

06/05/2016 - NOA1 Received (Electronic notices) all 3

06/06/2016 - Check of $1070 fee for AOS (I-485) was cashed

06/09/2016 - NOA1 Received (All 3 Hard copies date 06/03/2016)

06/17/2016 - Biometrics letter received (dated 06/11/2016 and appointment 06/28/2016)  06/20/2016 Biometrics done - Walked in.

07/14/2016 Case update online (RFIE i-485)

07/18/2016 RFIE Received Hard copy (Birth Certificate - Not an easy fix) PAUSED

07/21/2016 RFIE sent to NBC

07/22/2016 RFIE Received by NBC -signed

07/27/2016 RFIE Response Received

08/17/2016 Service request online...

11/30/2016 AOS Card Produced

12/05/2016 Approval Notice Received (Hard copies) Case Status for I-485 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

12/08/2016 Green Card Received

ROC - i-751

08/31/2018 - ROC i-751 applications mailed via USPS priority mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, i really feel miserable rignt now and very stressed. Im 29 weeks pregnant now and i am at risk of premature labor, i got my fiance visa (expiration date is 10 february 2016) but doctor told me that i shouldn't travel for such a long trip from Serbia to New York where in case of emergency plane wont be anyhow abe to land. I also have som bactaerias that are very deengerous in pegnancy and i have to recive antibiotic 2 hours before labor and every hour during labor and baby also must recive them when its born and if dont there is a big chance that baby can die or be demaged and i can get blood poisoning and die. When i think baout that im even more scared when i think about what if something happen during flight, what will be with baby :( . I talked with m fiance about that and he knows that im at risk of premature labor and doctor told me not to travel but he says i should come next week and nothing wont happen during flight cuz its safe. I called embassy and told them for my case and they told me that the best thing would be if my fiance come here when baby is born and aply for crba (that takes 15 days) so baby can come with me and then he can take us to USA. I see that like the best thing but .. my fiance got very mad and he tod me that i must come next week and he wll book me ticket, i have only one chnace to come or to keep life on my own and take care alone about baby beecause he dosn't wnat to come back. So now he want me to come next week or dont come at all. I feel broken and i stress more and more every day. I don;t know what too do, i dont want to be single mother but im so afarid to fly now. ..

You need to listen to the advice of your doctor, not your fiancé! The way you described the situation, the lives of you and your child are at risk! That your fiancé is willing to take a chance on this would be a huge red-flag to me. Think about who he really is if he is pressuring you to take this change. This is someone that you are planning on marrying, he should be supporting you and not getting angry with you!

Your well-being and the well-being of the child you carry inside you comes above anything else at this moment.

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Of course you can get health insurance while on K1, Ebunulowa. From the second you enter the country! What a strange thing to say you cannot! There are special plans for incoming immigrants that you can take out for any amount of days (like 22 days), not even monthly. Since they are not subject to Obamacare and are only for non-citizens they may have strict rules about existing conditions, i.e. not cover a birth.

You should still get one if and when you arrive and not wait for the wedding.

I would never enter the country without!

Link me up to one that covers childbirth and pre consistent conditions. That is the whole point here. Of course she can get ####### insurance that will

not benefit her. Here is one of many http://www.***removed***.com/fiance-visa-medical-insurance/which does not cover childbirth. Duh !

What a strange thing to say you can. Proof it with a link outlining the policy that pregnancy and childbirth for a K1 visa holder is covered.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Link me up to one that covers childbirth and pre consistent conditions. That is the whole point here. Of course she can get ####### insurance that will

not benefit her. Here is one of many http://www.***removed***.com/fiance-visa-medical-insurance/whichdoes not cover childbirth. Duh !

What a strange thing to say you can. Proof it with a link outlining the policy that pregnancy and childbirth for a K1 visa holder is covered.

A birth could potentially be covered by emergency medicaid.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.