yaoadjo

USCIS is transferring some cases to balance workload

153 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I always thought it was strange that the CSC was processing so quick yet applications were still being routed to the TSC instead of the CSC. I just submitted my I-129F and it was routed to the TSC. I am hoping that this makes wait times for everyone shorter and finally gets things moving on those applications that have been sitting for months!

So someone in another forum just sent in their I129f and it was routed to CSC. They filed from Florida so it should of went to TSC. I wonder what their plan is here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This should have been done 8 months ago!

Why now!

I hope our voices have been heard!

Maybe things will get to some kind of decent approval times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

So someone in another forum just sent in their I129f and it was routed to CSC. They filed from Florida so it should of went to TSC. I wonder what their plan is here.

And that person that just filed will get their NOA2 before I do, although I have waited for damn near 200 days

Filed: Timeline

Well, as wbeem mentions earlier in this thread, the August transfer last year didn't do anything to help the TSC increase the speed with which it processed the I-129F petitions. It did slow down the CSC a little, but not by much. Thus the respective processing times of the two centers did come closer together, technically speaking, but only because the CSC slowed down a bit, not because the TSC sped up any. That said, it wasn't long after that point that the CSC mowed through all of the TSC transfers and were back down to their one-month-or-less processing times. The CSC did screw up with the sending of the approved petitions to the NVC however. And that really hosed some of the TSC filers whose petitions had been transferred. Upon inquiry, we were told that this was a one-time mistake. So take that for what it's worth.

Anyway, in the final analysis, the transfer was itself only a one-time affair (it was not repeated in some kind of on-going attempt to balance processing times) and therefore it did little to affect positive change over the long term. As time progressed towards the end of last year, the CSC continued to reduce the amount of time required to process the I-129F whereas the TSC continued to increase the amount of time it processed the same petition. Thus there was a clear divergence and imbalance in the comparative processing times between the two service centers. This is reflected in the VJ data. It's also important to note that the transfer last August consisted of about 3000 petitions from April/May 2014, and since last August, the TSC has only managed to process enough petitions for their official "normal processing times" window to stand currently at August 02, 2014. This means that in 7 months they have only processed approximately 3 months worth of petitions. Simply abysmally slow. And it doesn't take much in the way of math skills to arrive at the conclusion that they've been losing ground...

av80r1: Thanks so much for that overview, although, I must admit, it is rather disheartening. It just seems like the never truly have their ISH together at TSC.

And my logic may be misplaced because the data is not specific to TSC or CSC (if so sorry!), but doesn't a transfer amount of 3,000 petitions last August seem to be a number that is way too low to have an impact?

There were 20,111 pending applications at the end of FY2014 QTR 3 (June 30, 2014). What's more the total pending applications barely decreased by the end of QTR 4 (September 30, 2014) to 19,551.

Let's just say that TSC is 2.5 months behind the 5 month window. And around 3/4 of all ~12,000 petitions that are submitted every quarter (~3000/month) go to TSC. Then they should transfer 7,500 applications to get back up to speed. Feel free to correct my estimates.

I hope that they have learned from the last transfer that any amount below 7.500 is not going to make a dent in the overall management of workloads. The latest report for FY2015 QTR 1 (December 31, 2014) still shows 18,506 pending applications... OY VEY!

A new report for FY 2015 QTR 2 should be forthcoming, but due to the transfer announcement I can only imagine that the number of pending applications did not decrease, it probably increased! USCIS has documentation of its petition quantities for the last FY here: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/All%20Form%20Types/all_forms_performancedata_fy2014_qtr4.pdf.

Finally, the scoop from another VJ user that just submitted their 129F from Florida shows a WAC receipt number (CSC). ####### is that all about?! #USCISproblems http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/542366-i-129f-transfer-thread-if-you-have-been-recently-transferred-please-post-here/page-2

Edited by naija202

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This happens with them from time to time.. some lock boxes are busier than others.

Good to see some of you moving along!

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

This probably will not have an impact on my case as I filed in mid January, but I'm absolutely thrilled for the people who it will impact.

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

See responses below in bold.

[snip]

And my logic may be misplaced because the data is not specific to TSC or CSC (if so sorry!), but doesn't a transfer amount of 3,000 petitions last August seem to be a number that is way too low to have an impact?

Well the transfers last August were for most of April and part of May, and your numbers of approximately 3,000 per month are correct, so really 3,00 makes sense WRT that number being accurate WRT the number of petitions that they sent. And yeah, it was too low to have an impact in the big picture. Again, what has baffled those of us who've been waiting so long is why this transfer phenomenon wasn't replicated. I mentioned that fact in my letter to the president. No good answer for us, unfortunately.

There were 20,111 pending applications at the end of FY2014 QTR 3 (June 30, 2014). What's more the total pending applications barely decreased by the end of QTR 4 (September 30, 2014) to 19,551.

Let's just say that TSC is 2.5 months behind the 5 month window. And around 3/4 of all ~12,000 petitions that are submitted every quarter (~3000/month) go to TSC. Then they should transfer 7,500 applications to get back up to speed. Feel free to correct my estimates.

Hmmmm....IMHO opinion far more than 7,500 need to be sent because in my mind the goal shouldn't be to "get back down to 5 months", it should be to balance the processing times between the two SCs. But good luck with persuading them to do that. LOL

I hope that they have learned from the last transfer that any amount below 7.500 is not going to make a dent in the overall management of workloads. The latest report for FY2015 QTR 1 (December 31, 2014) still shows 18,506 pending applications... OY VEY!

Hope they learned a lesson?!??!?!?! Bwahahahahahaha! This is the USCIS we're talking about here! :rofl:

Finally, the scoop from another VJ user that just submitted their 129F from Florida shows a WAC receipt number (CSC). ####### is that all about?! #USCISproblems http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/542366-i-129f-transfer-thread-if-you-have-been-recently-transferred-please-post-here/page-2

Yeah I think that this was an anomaly. Unless we see more evidence of this kind of thing happening, then that person from FL basically just did the equivalent of winning the lottery IMHO. FWIW.

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It mentions that they recently started to move files from VSC, but from what I recall they do not process I-129F petitions there.

Ya, but ages past, they did. it was always a war here between VSC and CSC. I really hope the casefile transfers go smoothly, regardless.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

The thing I remember from the TSC to CSC transfer of 2014 is that they took a chunk of petitions who were within 5 months of NOA1 & sent them to CSC. That got most of those transferred petitions processed within 5 months total at CSC (partially sitting in TSC; partically sitting in CSC & then processed by CSC), while still retaining their TSC processing times because the Receipt #s were not changed to reflect a different processing center. Therefore, albeit briefly, TSC processing times improved because of the work CSC was actually doing. What happened to those who remained at TSC was nothing short of a travesty. They sat on the rest of the petitions. It appeared to me that they all but ceased processing I-129Fs for a few months immediately following the transfer. They finished up their Feb & March 2014 petitions (mine included) at the same time that April & May filers were sent to CSC. Starting with June, they began sitting & sitting & sitting. I'm assuming they were processing some other petitions. They slowed to a crawl & now the backlog's even bigger than it was then.

How this past "performance" will reflect itself this time is completely unknown. Nothing will be known until people actually start reporting having been transferred to CSC & then how quickly they are processed. Also, for those not transferred, nothing will be known until we are able to see whether or not TSC is continuing to process them or just sitting on them. You won't know either way, unless you look at timelines, because those processed by CSC due to transfer will show as having been processed by TSC.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

my fiancee sent the package to the uscis and they recieve it on December 31,2014

the NOA-1 was on January 05,2015

are we December 2014 filers or january 2015 filers

January 2015 files :secret:

:luv:If you're tearing down my world, please just try to do it gently.There is love inside.... (L)

Filed: Timeline

The thing I remember from the TSC to CSC transfer of 2014 is that they took a chunk of petitions who were within 5 months of NOA1 & sent them to CSC. That got most of those transferred petitions processed within 5 months total at CSC (partially sitting in TSC; partically sitting in CSC & then processed by CSC), while still retaining their TSC processing times because the Receipt #s were not changed to reflect a different processing center.

Do you mean who were past/beyond 5 months of the NOA1 date? Or do you really mean petitions that had been waiting less than 5 months from their NOA1 date? Others have posted that they transferred April/May 2014 petitions in August 2014... just trying to confirm whether the cases that were transferred were the oldest ones or the newest ones. Thanks!

Edited by naija202

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.