yaoadjo

USCIS is transferring some cases to balance workload

153 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm getting the impression that by transferring cases to balance workload they mean new cases will be routed to California. I've noticed about 4-5 cases since March 26th which are on the East Coast but were routed directly to California. This may be their way of "balancing."

I was thinking that too. I wish I had waited one more week to send in my application! I got my NOA1 right before the transfer was announced! :(

I was thinking that too. I wish I had waited one more week to send in my application! I got my NOA1 right before the transfer was announced! :(

To put it in perspective. Just a quick track of recent California assigned petitions (not transfers) I found the following:

Applicant State, Date of NOA1

Georgia, 3/31/2015

Alabama, 3/30/2015

Virginia, 3/27/2015

New York, 3/27/2015

North Carolina, 3/26/2015

Indiana, 3/26/2015 (unsure if usually TSC)

Alabama, 3/26/2015

This doesn't account for the people who *think* they were transferred, but were just routed.

Edited by StephanieC

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Filed: Timeline

To put it in perspective. Just a quick track of recent California assigned petitions (not transfers) I found the following:

Applicant State, Date of NOA1

Georgia, 3/31/2015

Alabama, 3/30/2015

Virginia, 3/27/2015

New York, 3/27/2015

North Carolina, 3/26/2015

Indiana, 3/26/2015 (unsure if usually TSC)

Alabama, 3/26/2015

This doesn't account for the people who *think* they were transferred, but were just routed.

That is truly maddening :(

That is truly maddening :(

Or it could mean that USCIS intends to send even March TSC cases to CSC eventually? Hopefully?

If only old TSC cases were going, I'm not sure if they would send new cases to CSC; but who knows? I am just wanting to be positive. (I'm not yet completely jaded with USCIS, but I may be too optimistic...)

Signature coming soon...

Or it could mean that USCIS intends to send even March TSC cases to CSC eventually? Hopefully?

If only old TSC cases were going, I'm not sure if they would send new cases to CSC; but who knows? I am just wanting to be positive. (I'm not yet completely jaded with USCIS, but I may be too optimistic...)

Please fix your timeline! It says your local office is Texas but your service center is California? Is the receipt number on your NOA with "SRC" (Texas) or "WAC" (California)? I suspect you put the incorrect info because you wouldn't be hoping for a transfer otherwise :)

Please fix your timeline! It says your local office is Texas but your service center is California? Is the receipt number on your NOA with "SRC" (Texas) or "WAC" (California)? I suspect you put the incorrect info because you wouldn't be hoping for a transfer otherwise :)

Actually, my mailing address was Arizona. I'm WAC and I'm wack...I know. :jest:

Signature coming soon...

Actually, my mailing address was Arizona. I'm WAC and I'm wack...I know. :jest:

Lucky you... poor me :cry::cry::cry::cry:

But you still need to fix the timeline because your location and your local office is not "Dallas, TX" for the purposes of processing the petition.

Edited by naija202

However, they did say "transfering" ...so let's wait and see!! Maybe they are doing both!

They said transferring I130 from Vermont to California, specifically.

However they said they will transfer the adjudication of some cases to balance workload. It didn't explicitly imply transferring cases. That says to me that they are delegating additional work to CSC rather than older cases.

Edited by StephanieC

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Lucky you... poor me :cry::cry::cry::cry:

But you still need to fix the timeline because your location and your local office is not "Dallas, TX" for the purposes of processing the petition.

I thought the local office would be the one that handles the AOS when that time comes? Doesn't the local office matter when the couple has the interview to change the status to get the new spouse into resident alien status?

Signature coming soon...

I thought the local office would be the one that handles the AOS when that time comes? Doesn't the local office matter when the couple has the interview to change the status to get the new spouse into resident alien status?

You're probably right, I wont pretend to know about the AOS stuff.

I guess what I meant is that for this part of the process (129F) your timeline looks confusing to other VJ members because it does not reflect the mailing address you used to file the petition. I imagine you will be changing your mailing address from Arizona eventually, which is totally fine and also a truly smart move (wish I would have done it!). But some of us TSC people REALLY depend on accurate data on VJ to track our progress, and your timeline looks like a weird anomaly right now. Anyway, weird quirk of mine, so feel free to take or leave my input :D

Edited by naija202

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks to all for sharing their experience, wisdom and questions on this situation. It doesn't make it any easier but it does help to know that others are working together to improve this situation.

Service Center : Texas Service Center (TSC)

I-129F Sent: 11/20/2014

I-129F NOA1: 11/26/2014

I-129F NOA2: 04/27/2015

I-129F NOA2 Hard copy: 04/29/2015

I-129F NOA2 Sent to NVC: 05/06/2015

NVC received: 5/12/2015 (in "Pre-sort")

NVC assigned case number: 05/14/2015

NVC sent to Embassy: 05/18/2015

Embassy received: 05/25/2015

Packet 3 received: 05/28/2015

Medical: 05/25/2015

Interview: 06/08/2015

VISA issued:

Arrival in US:

You're probably right, I wont pretend to know about the AOS stuff.

I guess what I meant is that for this part of the process (129F) your timeline looks confusing to other VJ members because it does not reflect the mailing address you used to file the petition. I imagine you will be changing your mailing address from Arizona eventually, which is totally fine and also a truly smart move (wish I would have done it!). But some of us TSC people REALLY depend on accurate data on VJ to track our progress, and your timeline looks like a weird anomaly right now. Anyway, weird quirk of mine, so feel free to take or leave my input :D

I feel ya', naija. I can completely relate because that is something awesome about this site - other's information! It helps to pass the wait by looking at the timelines and the progress of approvals. I don't like when some timelines say transferred to CSC, when they were only routed their because their state is assigned to CSC - then when actual transfers might happen, we have to have impossibly long threads to keep up with the news!

I didn't think my timeline would throw anyone off because it should be showing on the Cali Igor list - but it should reflect my situation now. My address change has been filed with them. Given the transfer that happened last year, USCIS could have seen the affect of this backlog, but probably was not addressed because management may be driven by budget dollars and span of control. But when you can't manage your case load, don't forget you are messing with people's lives here! Oy vey!!!!!!!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am one of the people from Alabama whose case was automatically sent to the CSC.

Of course, I'm happy to be going to the CSC since TSC is taking so long... but I really hope the overall speed picks up at the TSC too, so everyone can be with their loved ones as soon as possible! Good luck, everyone!

K-1 Visa Timeline

April 15, 2014 - Met online

August 23, 2014 - Met in person! M. comes over to visit me in US for a week.

January 31, 2015 - I go over to UK to visit M. for three weeks.

March 28, 2015 - Sent I-129F packet to Dallas

March 31, 2015 - Received at Dallas Lockbox, sent to CSC

April 2, 2015 - NOA1 email/text notification received

April 3, 2015 - Check cashed

April 8, 2015 - NOA1 hardcopy received in mail

May 6, 2015 - NOA2 email notification received (34 days from NOA1)

May 16, 2015 - M. comes over for another visit in the US for two weeks

May 19, 2015 - Officially engaged!!

June 4, 2015 - M. receives packet 3 from London Embassy

July 17, 2015 - M.'s medical in London

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.