yaoadjo

USCIS is transferring some cases to balance workload

153 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I feel like some people here are just soooo negative!!! Oh my...I do get that y'all are frustrated at your situation but to wish the same on others is a little dramatic don't you think? No offense...but I simply posted it to let people know that my case was directly routed since many thought the transfer meant that older petitions are being transferred to CSC...which still can happen...but all I can do is inform people about MY situation.

All I am saying is that I get that it is hard to sometimes be happy for others when you are in a miserable situation yourself (or so it seems) but to give people a bad attitude for it is just wrong and immature....we are all adults here so we should be able to deal with things in a more appropriate manner.

And I DO NOT believe that my petition is going to be processed "much slower" since I filed only one week after the transfer was announces which clearly means that statistically not that many cases have been filed within just 7 days so the stack of rerouted petitions is still kind of small.

So before you go around destroying everyone's happy mood...maybe just think about whether that really contributes to your success and happiness; and evaluate if it's really necessary to put out there.

My same thoughts NadineK91!

We had no idea about the news from uscis, we were just hoping to be approved by the end of the year, luckily we were routed to CSC as well. I was surprised and start looking for answers here and in a couple of forums where I see people sharing their happiness there are very rude/jealous replies... Please keep me update about your petition, we got our noa1 april 6th, would be great to see how long its going to take for you and me.

There is also a group for April fillers in case you want to join us!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/543709-april-2015-filers/

Have a nice day and good luck on your journey!

Anna.

:goofy:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

My same thoughts NadineK91!

We had no idea about the news from uscis, we were just hoping to be approved by the end of the year, luckily we were routed to CSC as well. I was surprised and start looking for answers here and in a couple of forums where I see people sharing their happiness there are very rude/jealous replies... Please keep me update about your petition, we got our noa1 april 6th, would be great to see how long its going to take for you and me.

There is also a group for April fillers in case you want to join us!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/543709-april-2015-filers/

Have a nice day and good luck on your journey!

Anna.

:goofy:

Hey Anna,

thanks you sooo much for sharing the group with me! Instantly joined!!!

It is soo nice to see so many happy people on there...we were lucky and we should be surrounded with positive thoughts.

When did you submit your I-129f?

Keep me updated about your case as well!

Best of luck to you and thanks again for the positivity :)

Nadine

Started Dating: 03/06/2009

Got Engaged: 10/10/2009

Send off i-129f: 04/06/2015

Received electronic NOA-1: 04/09/2015

Received hardcopy NOA-1: 04/17/2015

RFE on its way: 06/02/2015

RFE hard copy received: 06/06/2015

RFE send back to USCIS: 06/08/2015

RFE response received by CSC: 06/10/2015

NOA2: 06/16/2015

Case Number received: 07/13/2015 - IN TRANSIT

Case Updated to "Ready": 07/20/2015

Packet 3 received: 07/24/2015

Packet 3 mailed back: 07/25/2015

Packet 4 (e-Mail): 07/31/2015

Medical (Frankfurt): 08/03/2015

Interview: 09/01/2015

Outcome: APPPRROOOOVVEEEDDD

Visa received: 09/11/2015

DOE/POE: 09/13/2015 / Dallas, TX (DFW)

Wedding: 10/11/2015

:goofy::energy::goofy::energy::goofy:

Timeline

Hey Anna,

thanks you sooo much for sharing the group with me! Instantly joined!!!

It is soo nice to see so many happy people on there...we were lucky and we should be surrounded with positive thoughts.

When did you submit your I-129f?

Keep me updated about your case as well!

Best of luck to you and thanks again for the positivity :)

Nadine

Hi Nadine!

We submitted our package on April 1st after working hard on it for almost a week! lol

My F got a confirmation/receipt number by sms April 6th and noa1 hard copy arrived last friday April 10th.

Yeesss! Of course I will let you kow how is it going (F) I still surprised because not too many cases from my country (Colombia) are routed to CSC.

Hugs!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Nadine!

We submitted our package on April 1st after working hard on it for almost a week! lol

My F got a confirmation/receipt number by sms April 6th and noa1 hard copy arrived last friday April 10th.

Yeesss! Of course I will let you kow how is it going (F) I still surprised because not too many cases from my country (Colombia) are routed to CSC.

Hugs!!

Where you are routed depends on the US Citizen's STATE, not the benefiary's country. Currently, it doesn't matter what state in the US the petitioner is from, all new I-129fs (only starting with those received around the week of March 27, 2015) are being routed to California Service Center instead to help relieve the backlog of the Texas Service Center, which is currently running 8 months behind the California Service Center. That means people in with NOA1's in March of thise year who went to CSC are currently being approved, while at TSC there are people from August and September of last year are still waiting, with wait times up over 200 days now.

Edited by stef_curls

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Timeline

Where you are routed depends on the US Citizen's STATE, not the benefiary's country. Currently, it doesn't matter what state in the US the petitioner is from, all new I-129fs (only starting with those received around the week of March 27, 2015) are being routed to California Service Center instead to help relieve the backlog of the Texas Service Center, which is currently running 8 months behind the California Service Center. That means people in with NOA1's in March of thise year who went to CSC are currently being approved, while at TSC there are people from August and September of last year are still waiting, with wait times up over 200 days now.

I UNDERSTAND the routed depends on the us citizen's state, I was just telling Nadine that petitions from my country are not commun to get routed to CSC, also I know now what happened to the new petitions sent after March 27th, we didn't know that when we filed.

Edited by anna28

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I feel like some people here are just soooo negative!!! Oh my...I do get that y'all are frustrated at your situation but to wish the same on others is a little dramatic don't you think? No offense...but I simply posted it to let people know that my case was directly routed since many thought the transfer meant that older petitions are being transferred to CSC...which still can happen...but all I can do is inform people about MY situation.

All I am saying is that I get that it is hard to sometimes be happy for others when you are in a miserable situation yourself (or so it seems) but to give people a bad attitude for it is just wrong and immature....we are all adults here so we should be able to deal with things in a more appropriate manner.

And I DO NOT believe that my petition is going to be processed "much slower" since I filed only one week after the transfer was announces which clearly means that statistically not that many cases have been filed within just 7 days so the stack of rerouted petitions is still kind of small.

So before you go around destroying everyone's happy mood...maybe just think about whether that really contributes to your success and happiness; and evaluate if it's really necessary to put out there.

Who are you talking to? I didn't see anyone wish for your petition to be processed slowly. And I thought av8or's post was actually very pertinent because it lets those affected by the workload transfer know not to get their hopes up which can be dangerous and potentially painful in this process. We have no idea how those being routed to CSC will have their cases handled and neither do you. It would be great if it's just as fast as it has been, but it could slow down significantly as well. At any moment internal priorities could be shifted at either service centers. And logically I would assume the sheer influx of new cases is likely to slow them down a least a little.

This forum isn't about contributing to success and happiness (though of course it's appreciated and this happens indirectly). It's about sharing insight and information. Your post seemed a lot more negative than anything else I've seen on this thread.

Timeline

I was just telling Nadine that petitions from my country are not commun to get routed to CSC

Again, routing of petitions is not based on beneficiary's country. Do you mean you haven't seen a lot of beneficiary's from Colombia at CSC? Because that would just be a coincidence of where the US citizen lived.. again. You said you understand but then you said the same thing I corrected you on again. Maybe a language barrier thing....

And Nadine, chill darling. :rofl:

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

IB4 keyboard warriors wall of text about how it's totally ok to be dramatic & crusty AF because of 7+ month wait.

Edited by StephanieC

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Timeline

Again, routing of petitions is not based on beneficiary's country. Do you mean you haven't seen a lot of beneficiary's from Colombia at CSC? Because that would just be a coincidence of where the US citizen lived.. again. You said you understand but then you said the same thing I corrected you on again. Maybe a language barrier thing....

And Nadine, chill darling. :rofl:

Hi Stef, Yes, I haven't seen a lot of cases from Colombia being routed/assigned to CSC.

I have been reading a lot of forums (English and Spanish) and I would say for latin american countries like 80% of the petitions goes to Texas. I am also in a whatsapp group filing k1 for central and south america beneficiaries, so far we are 42 participants and I am the only one routed to California (the group has been active since last year I joined them in February) My guess is you are right and maybe because mostly of the petitioners are from Florida,Dallas,Chicago...etc they were routed to TSC...who knows, let's wait and see. :pop:

Have a good day! :energy:

Anyway

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Some people just hit the jackpot. March filer that was routed are already getting the NOA2. In less than 15 days. Those are the luckiest people. We rush to file last year. Trying To be fast afraid of after february things could be worse because of the DACA WAS supposedly TO start. And was the opposit Who is doing now is getting IN the front of the line. Nice! What about all the people who file last year and still waiting. Since september thru December. I pretty sure that still some september WITHOUT a noa2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats to all that pulled CSC. I hope your journey is rapid and safe.

I like Re&Ni was concerned about the DACA impact and was very happy to see it delayed by the courts. Many applications pass though the same Immigration door and I was hearing about the glut of DACA applications ready to be sent there in February-May this year. So I rushed to file in February and have a March date.

My attitude is I am happy for ALL OF US because my feeling is if all incoming is headed to CSC, then all Philippine applications are going there too. My study of the history says 10-20% of I-129F applications come from the Philippines. So in my book it makes my journey faster. I am betting on August 11 and we will see how far off I will be, VJ is teiling me much later (Aug 29 to Oct 6).

(For Newbies... Philippine applications get priority at both places and they average about 30 days to get an approved I-129F without a RFE)

Good Luck to all.

Edited by Kyle and Linh

K-1 Journey

2/27/2015: Sent I-129F to Black Hole in Texas:
3/13/2015 NOA1 Received by snail mail:
8/18 2015 ; NOA2 APPROVED. Perfect timing since Linh's current B1/B2 visa stay expires in 3 days and heads back to Vietnam
8/24/2015: NOA2 Shipped to Department of State (DOS) - National Visa Center (NVC)
9/1/2015: NVC Received NOA2 Package and have assigned a Case Number!
9/22/2015: Received PKT3... Finally..... Can now make appointment for Medical Examination
9/28/2015: Medical Exam - Took 3 days... Cho Ray is a mess. Vaccinations delayed until passing Interview because of shortage of vaccinations in Vietnam
10/7/2015: Interview at Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City and APPROVED!!!!
10/22/2015 K1 Visa in hand. Son's K2 visa only valid for 6 months (W-T-F-?) Thought good for 1 year. Inquire at consulate and told visa good only as long as the medical which is 6 months K2 VISAS NOT GOOD FOR 1 YEAR AS ADVERTISED ON DOS WEBSITE!
10/29/2015 POE Chicago; Easiest pass through for Linh in her 4 previous entries.
11/2/2015: Not tuned in enough to Social Security not to pick "the first day of the month" to try to get signed up. Read VJ advice, it's spot on, we had a processor who knew K1. We were in the SAVE database in 3 days so it was easy after a 2 hour wait.
11/21/2015: MARRIED IN GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK

AOS/AP/EAD Journey for Wife on K-1 Visa

12/8/2015 Completed 4 days of torture to get Vaccine Verification from Civil Surgeon

12/9/2015 Package with Applications Sent FedEx Overnight to Chicago confirmed received 12/10/2015

12/14/2015 Received 3 Emails with Acceptance confirmation of 3 applications all received 12/10/2015. Check cashed

12/18/2015 NOA1 for all 3 applications received by snail mail. NOA 1 date of 12/10/2015

12/31/2015 Received I-797C letter for Biometric Appointment on 1/11/2016 in Nashville instead of Memphis Yea!

1/6/2016 Biometric Appointment Walk IN - DONE

1/14/2016 Received a I-797C letter dated 1/9/2016 that we DO NOT need to do biometrics, already have enough information in the system from previous entries (Likely from B1/B2 visa last year)

2/9/2016 I-765 EAD DENIED But... a minute later....

2/9/2016 I-485 Application CARD ORDERED on 2/6/2016

2/10/2016 GREEN CARD SHIPPED on 2/9/2016 2/11/2016 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!! RECORD TIME 62 DAYS

AOS/AP/EAD Journey for Son on K-2 Visa

3/16/2016 All arrive in Chicago from Vietnam. Son passes customs with flying colors. Wife is delayed for 3.5 hours. Homeland Security lets us go with no questions... amazing. We miss our connections and get home thankfully at 1AM

4/11/2016 Package with Applications Send Fed Ex Overnight to Chicago and FedEx confirms delivery on 4/12/2016

4/26/2016 Received 3 emails and 3 text with Acceptance of confirmation of 3 applications. NOA1 Date 4/25/2016 WHAT IS GOING ON CHICAGO? Took 10 days longer than last time to just receive mail

4/27/2016 Check is cashed. Still can't look up Receipt Numbers on Case Status online at USCIS.GOV WHAT IS GOING ON?????

5/25/2016 Walk in for a "junior" Biometrics for an 11 year old (supposedly not required). Oops wrote down the wrong day, appointment was for 5/23/2016. USCIS office was nice and accepted us 2 days late.

7/13/2016 Finally the Check Status Website worked. Approved EAD and AP. Website still not working on AOS Green Card Application. No email notification at all....

7/15/2016 Card for EAD mailed. Card is for both EAD and AP. Received 7/19/2016. Waiting now for AOS Interview or Green Card Approval

7/19/2016 The USCIS.GOV is now working for our AOS application. Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Seems others have access to USCIS.GOV Check Case now. Glitch fixed?

8/15/2016 I-485 Approved. Status now Card/Document Production

8/20/2016 GREEN CARD DELIVERED -118 Days K-2 Process complete, see y'all on Lifting Conditions board in a year or so

Out of curiosity does anyone know when the new staff at TSC will start? I am curious to see if the times at TSC improve once they come online.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am not upset for those routed. I Just sad for all those still waiting is been more then 200 days. I think maybe some of November. Maybe october are or will be transfer. Could be december and even January, we just didnt know yet. Or i didn saw.

I VERY happy for those are luck. And is Good To kNOW that even with The routed cases California still running and doing a good job. Hope that they still going that way.

Timeline

I am not upset for those routed. I Just sad for all those still waiting is been more then 200 days. I think maybe some of November. Maybe october are or will be transfer. Could be december and even January, we just didnt know yet. Or i didn saw.

I VERY happy for those are luck. And is Good To kNOW that even with The routed cases California still running and doing a good job. Hope that they still going that way.

It was confirmed by several reliable sources that there will be NO transfers of existing petitions at tsc. The USCIS' only response to deal with the backlog is to send new petitions (all of them) to CSC instead.

No transfers for those already waiting. We must continue to wait.

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

...<snip>... We have no idea how those being routed to CSC will have their cases handled and neither do you. It would be great if it's just as fast as it has been, but it could slow down significantly as well. At any moment internal priorities could be shifted at either service centers. And logically I would assume the sheer influx of new cases is likely to slow them down a least a little. ...<snip>...

I think CSC has been getting slower for a few months now. I'm a US citizen living outside the US, and per the norm, we were routed to CSC with a NOA1 date of Feb 25th. A few months earlier, cases like mine were being approved in as little as 3 weeks, however I'm up to 7 weeks now with no new updates, and I'm not alone, other cases similar to mine are also well past what was the avg. approval timeframe just a few months earlier.

So I think it's definite that CSC has been slowing down for a while now, but certainly I expect that it will much much faster than those stuck at Texas, my heart goes out to you guys, hope you get through soon!

-=-=-=-=-=- OUR TIMELINE AND JOURNEY: -=-=-=-=-=-

03 / 2008 -- First visit to Venezuela, while visiting friends, I first met my future fiance
2008-2012 -
Six more visits to Venezuela and a proposal :)

04 / 2013 -- MARRIED IN VENEZUELA!! biggrin.png

05 / 2013 -- TR-FV visa issued to live in Venezuela for 1 year.

05 / 2014 -- TR-FV visa extension issued to continue living in Venezuela for 1 more year.

02 / 18 / 2015 -- I-130 paperwork handed to FedEx

02 / 25 / 2015 -- Received at Chicago LockBox

02 / 27 / 2015 -- NOA1 received. (California Service Center)

05 / 20 / 2015 -- NOA2 approval. (84 days).

-=-=-=-=-=- THE FUTURE: -=-=-=-=-=-

2017 - Wife goes back to school for 2 more years in the US so she can practice (Dentist)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.