yaoadjo

USCIS is transferring some cases to balance workload

153 posts in this topic

What you said.

OK, so the 2014 TSC to CSC transfer didn't transfer Philippines filers. The reason is because they were processed very fast at both Service Centers. Transferring those petitions would've resulted in a slower processing time for the transferred petitions.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

How do you know they didn't transfer the Philippians filers? Have they notified the people they will be transferring? (sorry, Im looking for any shred of hope!)

How do you know they didn't transfer the Philippians filers? Have they notified the people they will be transferring? (sorry, Im looking for any shred of hope!)

Personal research. There is a possibility that I'm wrong. But I don't believe I am.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Personal research. There is a possibility that I'm wrong. But I don't believe I am.

Thank you for all of your information. You are awesome.

event.png

Petition received------------------- 12.22.2014

Electronic NOA1 rec. (SRC)-------- 12.24.2014

Electronic NOA2 ----------------------7/20/2015

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

There was no public notice. VJ noticed.

I am going to continue with the speculation and hope that this transfer is much more significant than last years, perhaps involving several months worth of petitions. They would have to transfer several months IMO to lessen the disparity between the 2 centers. Let's hope this makes a significant dent, and we see more reasonable processing times for all soon :yes:

There was a public notice on the USCIS Facebook page. The link is here http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/workload-transfer-within-service-center-operations

Filed: Timeline

There was a public notice on the USCIS Facebook page. The link is here http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/workload-transfer-within-service-center-operations

We were discussing whether there was a public notice about the LAST transfer in AUGUST 2014, not the current transfer announced last week ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All,

We are still experiencing the same error and its been almost a week now. Everytime we try to search for the case status, it returns with a message stating:

At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information.

We also created an USCIS Profile and added the case there. The last update date for our case was the same date we lost visibility to case status. i.e. March 26th

Not sure what is in store for us. We are also not sure if we part of the transfers happening between USCIS Service Centres.

Is anyone encountering or has encountered a similar problem? If yes, please do share your observations.

Hoping to see more replies soon.

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

ConiMoni

@ConiMoni - we experienced the same thing for a few weeks right after filing. Looks like you are at CSC and just got your NOA1 via text a week ago? They might not have updated the system just yet.

Then again I am at TSC, so better go ask someone in a March 2015 CSC filer thread how long it took them until they could see their case status online!

I believe the email notice does say to wait until you get your paper NOA1 before trying to check on your case online (ours did)

found a link for March K1 - try asking there! They might know more :-)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/539166-march-2015-k-1-filers/

Edited by Mena28

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@ConiMoni - we experienced the same thing for a few weeks right after filing. Looks like you are at CSC and just got your NOA1 via text a week ago? They might not have updated the system just yet.

Then again I am at TSC, so better go ask someone in a March 2015 CSC filer thread how long it took them until they could see their case status online!

I believe the email notice does say to wait until you get your paper NOA1 before trying to check on your case online (ours did)

found a link for March K1 - try asking there! They might know more :-)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/539166-march-2015-k-1-filers/

Hi Mena,

We are also at TSC.. Case number starts with SRC.. So did the case status every start to worker u again or is it same?

Please keep us posted with the progress of your case.

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

ConiMoni

Ah ok, I see you fixed your timeline. Yesterday your timeline said California :-)

Oh sure, once they got the website up and running it displayed, but took around 2 months for us! I as the beneficiary cant seem to get the account thing working though, while my fiance has no trouble with it.

You should check if there is a March TSC K1 thread and if not, open one! That way we are not hijacking the Transfer thread for other questions :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Yeah, by the time we were transferred in August, all the Philippines petitions from April/May had been approved by TSC. There weren't any for TSC to transfer at that point.

And your recap earlier in the thread was spot on: us April/May filers who were transferred ended up getting our NOA2s just around the 5 month mark thanks to CSC, and got them before a number of Feb-March filers.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

I'm getting the impression that by transferring cases to balance workload they mean new cases will be routed to California. I've noticed about 4-5 cases since March 26th which are on the East Coast but were routed directly to California. This may be their way of "balancing."

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Great... so all of us NOA1 in early to mid March get to go through the Black Hole.

Like I said before if they move PI applications that come in to CSC this time, that will help. Be on the look out for that since they tie up TSC time in priority over processing older ones.

K-1 Journey

2/27/2015: Sent I-129F to Black Hole in Texas:
3/13/2015 NOA1 Received by snail mail:
8/18 2015 ; NOA2 APPROVED. Perfect timing since Linh's current B1/B2 visa stay expires in 3 days and heads back to Vietnam
8/24/2015: NOA2 Shipped to Department of State (DOS) - National Visa Center (NVC)
9/1/2015: NVC Received NOA2 Package and have assigned a Case Number!
9/22/2015: Received PKT3... Finally..... Can now make appointment for Medical Examination
9/28/2015: Medical Exam - Took 3 days... Cho Ray is a mess. Vaccinations delayed until passing Interview because of shortage of vaccinations in Vietnam
10/7/2015: Interview at Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City and APPROVED!!!!
10/22/2015 K1 Visa in hand. Son's K2 visa only valid for 6 months (W-T-F-?) Thought good for 1 year. Inquire at consulate and told visa good only as long as the medical which is 6 months K2 VISAS NOT GOOD FOR 1 YEAR AS ADVERTISED ON DOS WEBSITE!
10/29/2015 POE Chicago; Easiest pass through for Linh in her 4 previous entries.
11/2/2015: Not tuned in enough to Social Security not to pick "the first day of the month" to try to get signed up. Read VJ advice, it's spot on, we had a processor who knew K1. We were in the SAVE database in 3 days so it was easy after a 2 hour wait.
11/21/2015: MARRIED IN GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK

AOS/AP/EAD Journey for Wife on K-1 Visa

12/8/2015 Completed 4 days of torture to get Vaccine Verification from Civil Surgeon

12/9/2015 Package with Applications Sent FedEx Overnight to Chicago confirmed received 12/10/2015

12/14/2015 Received 3 Emails with Acceptance confirmation of 3 applications all received 12/10/2015. Check cashed

12/18/2015 NOA1 for all 3 applications received by snail mail. NOA 1 date of 12/10/2015

12/31/2015 Received I-797C letter for Biometric Appointment on 1/11/2016 in Nashville instead of Memphis Yea!

1/6/2016 Biometric Appointment Walk IN - DONE

1/14/2016 Received a I-797C letter dated 1/9/2016 that we DO NOT need to do biometrics, already have enough information in the system from previous entries (Likely from B1/B2 visa last year)

2/9/2016 I-765 EAD DENIED But... a minute later....

2/9/2016 I-485 Application CARD ORDERED on 2/6/2016

2/10/2016 GREEN CARD SHIPPED on 2/9/2016 2/11/2016 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!! RECORD TIME 62 DAYS

AOS/AP/EAD Journey for Son on K-2 Visa

3/16/2016 All arrive in Chicago from Vietnam. Son passes customs with flying colors. Wife is delayed for 3.5 hours. Homeland Security lets us go with no questions... amazing. We miss our connections and get home thankfully at 1AM

4/11/2016 Package with Applications Send Fed Ex Overnight to Chicago and FedEx confirms delivery on 4/12/2016

4/26/2016 Received 3 emails and 3 text with Acceptance of confirmation of 3 applications. NOA1 Date 4/25/2016 WHAT IS GOING ON CHICAGO? Took 10 days longer than last time to just receive mail

4/27/2016 Check is cashed. Still can't look up Receipt Numbers on Case Status online at USCIS.GOV WHAT IS GOING ON?????

5/25/2016 Walk in for a "junior" Biometrics for an 11 year old (supposedly not required). Oops wrote down the wrong day, appointment was for 5/23/2016. USCIS office was nice and accepted us 2 days late.

7/13/2016 Finally the Check Status Website worked. Approved EAD and AP. Website still not working on AOS Green Card Application. No email notification at all....

7/15/2016 Card for EAD mailed. Card is for both EAD and AP. Received 7/19/2016. Waiting now for AOS Interview or Green Card Approval

7/19/2016 The USCIS.GOV is now working for our AOS application. Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Seems others have access to USCIS.GOV Check Case now. Glitch fixed?

8/15/2016 I-485 Approved. Status now Card/Document Production

8/20/2016 GREEN CARD DELIVERED -118 Days K-2 Process complete, see y'all on Lifting Conditions board in a year or so

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.