HexDa3m0n

Prior Spouse Details Unknown!!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

Hoping for some guidance.

We are filling out the I-129F. My fiancee is the Petitioner.

In Part 1, it asks for details of Prior Spouse. My Fiancee was married a long long time ago, and she can't remember the date the marriage was terminated.

We're not sure what to put. We don't want to lie and pretend it didn't happen....

It also asks for more than this on the G-325A form, including his date of birth, and the date and place of the marriage and termination. Again, she can't remember this information (she was young).

Not sure what to put for this :(

Please help!!!

Thanks

Norm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It will be on the divorce certificate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Start the process of obtaining certified copies of the divorce certificate. It is going to be needed. Might as well get several copies. They will be needed in the future.

Service Center : California Service Center on 2014-03-17Consulate : London, United KingdomI-129F Sent : 2014-03-10I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-14I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-07NVC Received :4/21/2014NVC Left :4/23/2014Consulate Received :2014-04-29Packet 3 Received :2014-05-01Packet 3 Sent :2014-05-01Medical Complete: 2014-05-07Packet 4 Received :2014-5-31Interview Date :2014-06-06Visa Issued: 2014-06-10Visa Package Received: 2014-06-13Arrival at POE Seattle: 2014-6-13

Married 07/07/2014

AOS Timeline
AOS package mailed 08/08/2014 (Chicago Lockbox)
NOA date 8/13/2014
Biometrics done 09/14/2014
INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 10/31/2014
Approval e-mail 10/31/2014
Card production e-mail 12/27/2011
GREEN CARD ARRIVED 11/08/201

Employment Authorization Document
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2014-09-04
Approved Date : 2014-09-25
Date Card Received : 2014-10-03

ADVANCED Parole
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance :First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Date Received : 2014-10-03

ROC Timeline
ROC package mailed to CSC 10/13/2016
NOA1 date 10/17/2016
Biometrics date 12/8/2016

Interview: None
Card production ordered: 03/27/2018
10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED

Filed: Timeline

The problem we have is that, (strange as it sounds) she doesn't have any details of the divorce, so she doesn't know where it was filed. She does remember that her ex refused to sign so she had to get some sort of court order, but again, she can't remember where that was filed either. (she does remember where the wedding takes place....)

Does it help that she does have a copy of the divorce certificate from her second marriage? So we will be using that to prove she can marry again. For the first marriage she only has rough dates :( :(

I have no clue how things work in the US, other than knowing that it varies from State to State.

Edited by HexDa3m0n

Hi All,

In Part 1, it asks for details of Prior Spouse. My Fiancee was married a long long time ago, and she can't remember the date the marriage was terminated.

We're not sure what to put. We don't want to lie and pretend it didn't happen....

It also asks for more than this on the G-325A form, including his date of birth, and the date and place of the marriage and termination. Again, she can't remember this information (she was young).

Please help!!!

Thanks

Norm

You will need a copy of ALL the divorce decrees from past marriages. The date the marriage was terminated will be on the divorce decree.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It would have been filed at the courthouse in the county where she resided at the time of her divorce. She can go online and search these public records for most counties today.

The problem we have is that, (strange as it sounds) she doesn't have any details of the divorce, so she doesn't know where it was filed. She does remember that her ex refused to sign so she had to get some sort of court order, but again, she can't remember where that was filed either. (she does remember where the wedding takes place....)

Does it help that she does have a copy of the divorce certificate from her second marriage? So we will be using that to prove she can marry again. For the first marriage she only has rough dates :( :(

I have no clue how things work in the US, other than knowing that it varies from State to State.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi All,

Please help!!!

Thanks

Norm

You need all the divorce decrees. Look at the courthouse where she last reside with her ex at the time of divorce.

You need to put down the truth - nothing to be not sure about.

Lie and pretend it didn't happen and the US Embassy finds out, then you might be hit with a material misrepresentation. It's not okay, a little lie is not a problem. The US Embassy will make an issue out of it because you lied and you will waste time and money.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

She really has no idea whatsoever where she filed the divorce? None, not even the state or county? How can that be? Something is rotten in denmark

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Similar scenarios on here have included situations where there was no prior divorce.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Even if she get the decree (which she must) it doesn't say when her ex was born :( we had the same problem with his ex, he had a decree but it didn't say her date of birth. He found out it later. You can't send papers without those information

USCIS

01/23/2015 I-130 Sent

01/26/2015 NOA1

05/28/2015 NOA2

NVC

06/10/2015 NVC Received
06/25/2015 Received DS-261 / AOS Bill
07/06/2015 Submitted DS-261
07/08/2015 Paid AOS Bill
07/26/2015 Submitted IV Bill
07/27/2015 Paid IV Bill
09/15/2015 Send AOS/IV Package
10/21/2015 NVC CC
12/01/2015 Interview - Approved (12/03/2015 Visa in hand)
03/11/2016 POE Chicago

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

She really has no idea whatsoever where she filed the divorce? None, not even the state or county? How can that be? Something is rotten in denmark

I agree, quite bizarre. I can understand not remembering his date of birth, but not remembering where you lived when you divorced? Hmmm...

You can put Unknown for his date of birth, but you need to know when and where you divorced and provide a copy of the divorce decree.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

Please help!!!

Thanks

Norm

Hi. Was there a wedding with guests in attendance? Surely at least one of them is either a close friend, acquaintance, or family member that has knowledge of the subsequent divorce and would have knowledge which state, county or city it occured in? That would be a starting point to obtain the information from the governmental authorities.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.