sidccc

k1 approval and break up

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This reply is pure gold.

Helps us understand another point of view and it also helps us not to make assumptions so quickly.

UnaMexicana

I'm russian woman. My name is Marina.
I just wanted to tell: don't tell in common. All people are different. Don't tell "russian are bad".
I read your story. It's a really pity. I want to say my opinion about this situation. People study english in every countries. But people in Russia and post-soviet union countries study english at low level. It's a real problem here.
I think she was scared to change her life. I think she was really scared to move in usa without knowing a good level english. I can understand her. I had the same fears. I had a lot of talks with my fiance about my fears. It's stressful.
She got some doubts. All she was needed is to see your calm and confidence that all will be good. I think she didn't see it.
It's normal to get some doubts. We are changing our life. It's not a game. It's a very difficult decision to leave ALL: our friends, our parents, our job and stability
I have an university degrees here. And I told to my fiance "Where will I work? I don't want to work as waitress"
It's difficult to explain. Immigration is not the game. We need to be sure in our partner.
I have read a lot of stories about divorce after some months. Yes, I was scared about it too. What will I do if something will go wrong? I had a divorce here - it's enough for me. I really don't want to be in such situation in foreing country.
If she had the same worries and fears She can choose to stay in Moscow.
I would advice you to come Moscow and see her, to speak to her honesty and rid of her fears. It would be a last chance.
If you love her - don't let her go away.
Marina

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

To think that all people online from all nations are the same seems extremely naive. Different cultures value relationships differently, including the online dating process. Why do you think for example Filippinas have much lower divorce rate than Western cultures, including in America? Because as a society and culture Filippinos value marriage much more than Western cultures! What I am saying is that all cultures are definitely not the same in the online process, regardless how much we think they are and that different cultures have different quirks. As a man, dating Western women is definitely not the same as dating Asian women, neither online nor in real person. The difference is huge.

My question then would be is why not marry an Asian woman in the US? If the answer is the Asian women here are too Western, then what will happen when the foreign spouse arrives and becomes westernize? Or is it that Asian women here do not typically marry older gentlemen, therefore these men look abroad which is fine.

Edited by Umka36

A Filipina here and I must say thank you to those who does not really generalized every filipina :) And I must say that same thing should be applied with russians or any other women in every part of the world.

But given the information that the poster said, I must say that both of them have a doubt with the relationship already. I mean the man feeling a bit disconnected because of the distance and the girl feeling scared of the move.

The best to do is to confront the current situation and be brave enough of the truth that will come out.

Still you're best discretion will come from you. Forget about how much money you spent already... just ask your self if you have enough love to keep on keeping on or let it go. You know both not giving up and letting go needs love :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I agree, I am Brazilian, engaged to a Californian and never asked for money to him for anything, even though I was a period without a job (I now have a good job, and we are in the process K1), I'm sorry for what happened to you, but you should consider that she has used you, or that love simply over. Go ahead and all the best for you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It seems to me that many posters are missing the point and the obvious....Bottom Line is the relationship is over!

All the talk of what he spent on trips, and sending cash and gifts, well guess what....thats what you do in a relationship, its part of the deal. 9/10 a happy man is a generous man, a man , a real man knows that how his lady looks, lives and behaves while in the relationship is a direct reflection on him and what he is doing wrong and/or right.

She is just not into the relationship anymore, maybe its not him, maybe its not her, but i seriously doubt it has anything to do with if she is russian, because this can happen and does happen in all nationalities.

It is what it is, the writing is on the wall! as i said earlier stop the bleeding, and break out, yeah its hard and its tuff but in the long run it will only making you wiser and stronger.

Life is school, we always learn something to make us better!

HEAR HEAR TONYB919!! Hear hear...

Our lovely journey!!

10/08/2015: AOS packet sent to USCIS (Chicago lockbox) via USPS Priority mail (They received it 10/10/15).

10/16/2015: Text/eEmails received from USCIS with receipt number. We received 3.

10/22/2015: Received hard copies of NOA's for I-131, I-765, & I-485.

11/01/2015: Got NOA for biometrics appt (for 11/12/15).

11/03/2015: Did WALK IN biometrics appt - took 15 mins. Person taking said work permit should be in mail in less than 4 wks.

12/09/2015: Got email/text notification for INTERVIEW date.

12/28/2015: Got email/text notification EAD card has been mailed.

12/31/2015: Received EAD/AP card.

01/11/2016: INTERVIEW (in Los Angeles office).

01/11/2016: Case in in "CONTINUANCE". Awaiting approval. (Feels like AP).

06/27/2016: I-485 APPROVED - (FINALLY!!!) / 264 DAYS (8 MONTHS 20 DAYS)

07/01/2016: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Some people may take offense to your assumption that men or women from certain countries are exactly the same. Other than that.... good advice.

I see. Well in that case I'd refer you and all of those people to the phrase in my post where I said this: "...Although there are always exceptions..."

Seems like it covered all of the bases to me.

As for offending other folk, well I gotta admit, after being around Russians for several years now, not exclusively in the context of dating (ergo I have many Russian friends both male and female in general), those Russians, their values and culture and their attitudes towards life in general have rubbed off on me a bit. I'm certainly not the person I was before I came to Russia and IMO that's a good thing. I was a bit of a wus before I came to Russia, I'll admit it. The point being that I've become more like Russians (ALTHOUGH THERE ARE ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS - maybe CAPS will help) in that I just don't care if I offend other people very much. I don't want to be disrespectful mind you, but if someone "doesn't like" something I say and they are therefore offended by it, well, the Russian in me just doesn't care. And if I offend a highly PC person, well ... I consider that a victory. lol

Anyway, enough. Thanks for the feedback. And yes, I do mean that sincerely.

Edited by av8or1

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

UnaMexicana, I read your words. I'm completely agree with you

Love is exist :) I wish to everyone to find their loves. Don't give up when you found your love!

Marina

Spoiler

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Warsaw, Poland
I-129F Sent : 09/12/2014
I-129F NOA1 : 09/18/2014
I-129F RFE : 11/19/2014
RFE Replay : 11/25/2014
I-129F NOA2 : 12/08/2014 (81 days from NOA1)
NVC Received : 12/16/2014
NVC Case Number: 12/17/2014
NVC Left :12/19/2014 (4 days in NVC)

Medical : 01/19/2015
Consulate Received : 12/24/2014 (5 days in transit to Consulate)
Interview Date : 01/27/2015
Interview Result : Approved
Visa on hands: 01/28/2015

USA Entry 02/07/2015

Marriage 03/20/2015

Removal of Conditions

09/12/17: I-751 mailed - Vermont Service Center

09/27/17: NOA1

12/26/18: RFE

Naturalization

02/23/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/23/19: NOA1

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I will give you my honest input..

I am apalled by the amount of men and women writing that it is shameful/reprehensible to receive money from your fiance. I disagree completely. I believe that we all have different views about money. If the person is willing to give it, to help out, to have her buy nice things, to do whatever she pleases - what is wrong with that? Coming back to reflect on this after the fact and regretting it doesn't do any good. When we give something, we give it freely and should not jump to conclusions over somebody so swiftly. If she changed their mind in the end and she has not explained as to why, all we say is speculation. I find it sad that people judge so freely when we all know how hard it is to go through this process and just how major of a change in life we are undergoing.

Now, about the vacations... Again, I am at a loss of words on people that accuse somebody of being a gold digger and not caring about the fiance just because he wants to take her on vacation once, twice, thrice. These were all trips they made as a couple. Finances are different for each and we all manage that differently. I am assuming that is the reason why one party footed most of the bills. But again, at his own will.

Please stop accusing and generalizing just because somebody backs out of coming into the US. We don't know the whole story.

OP, in relationships, we always are responsible for our own actions, not for the actions of the other. Furthermore, we control how those actions make us feel. I can't and won't tell you just how many difficult break-ups I have had... and how serious the reasons. But i will say that I have seen my fair share.

From my heart I tell you that everything that you give in good faith, will come back to you in blessings. Stop over analyzing and beating yourself over the financial losses. You enjoyed the trips, you enjoyed making someone feel good/helping them out. You did it because you wanted to and that is really all that you need to think about it. If the person does or does not value it, just simply does not matter.

As for your own feelings and the way you deal with this... It is always helpful to find a way to get closure. If possible, you need to have a real, face-to-face conversation with your (ex) fiancee. Travelling is not an option in my opinion, since you already imply she severed ties over text messaging. Perhaps calling her or a Skype session would be suitable. If none of these are possible, write a letter with everything that you feel and burn it afterwards.. send the ashes out in the wind. Just for closure and for your peace of mind.

I wish you the very best,

UnaMexicana

Finally someone i can support in this thread. Honestly, after carefully rereading this post i think you nailed it.

Signed: self-respecting Russian woman.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***One off topic post removed; any additional off topic posts will result in a thread ban for the poster.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Stereotyping post removed, along with a post quoting. This is the last notice to stick to the OP's issue.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.