thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Laurak,

Any steps you took other than contacting USCIS tier 2 and emailing NVCResearch ?

Hello! Other than those steps, my fiancé also wrote to his congressman but that was only a week ago and we didn't hear anything off them so I doubt theyve intervened yet. Call uscis/NVC every other day alternating.

finally got an email from uscis probably means nothing but here is what it says....

your file is being requested for review.You should receive a follow up notice within 30 days of this letter/petition?

Why is it being reviewed if my case is already approved? anyone else receive this response?

I got that same response. I did what Laura and Angela's suggested call USCIS again. That officer then put in another request and then my file was sent out this week. Thankfully my senators office got conformation of my file being sent.

Filed: Timeline

I got that same response. I did what Laura and Angela's suggested call USCIS again. That officer then put in another request and then my file was sent out this week. Thankfully my senators office got conformation of my file being sent.

We got the same response too and when we called today again the IO told us that the original service request is wrong as nothing should be reviewed it should be a simple forward of our case to NVC.

He opened for us another service request to expedite forwarding our approved case to NVC

Edited by wiss7
1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi,

I received an email this evening from NVC Research stating that they have finally received my case. I will be calling tomorrow to double check and hopefully get the case number. The email stated:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We recently received your visa petition. We will send NVC processing
instructions within 4 to 5 weeks. Please resubmit your inquiry if you
have not received any information after 5 weeks.

Sincerely,
Jess
National Visa Center
Written Inquiry Unit
FCi Support Contractor
NVCResearch@state.gov

Has anyone received anything similar? I am a bit skeptical and very anxious to call tomorrow and double check!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Best news in a long time!

I just got off the phone with NVC. Our case file arrived today. We should have our number by the end of the week.

Oh wow! Congratulations!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

NVC still doesn't have it. Just called tgem. They emailed me yesterday with the same answer as the last time they emailed me (waiting to hear back from USCIS). Only difference is this time it wasn't Jess but Cailin.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

NVC still doesn't have it. Just called tgem. They emailed me yesterday with the same answer as the last time they emailed me (waiting to hear back from USCIS). Only difference is this time it wasn't Jess but Cailin.

are you kidding?!?! This is absolute b.s

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I received an email this evening from NVC Research stating that they have finally received my case. I will be calling tomorrow to double check and hopefully get the case number. The email stated:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We recently received your visa petition. We will send NVC processing

instructions within 4 to 5 weeks. Please resubmit your inquiry if you

have not received any information after 5 weeks.

Sincerely,

Jess

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

FCi Support Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov

Has anyone received anything similar? I am a bit skeptical and very anxious to call tomorrow and double check!

Yes, you are good. We got this email, too, and now have our case number.

Dude, what?!?!?

Angela, You received that email after you initiated a second email to NVC research ? or you just received it after you got the regular template that Jess sends ( NVC will contact USCIS on your behalf etc... )

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Angela, You received that email after you initiated a second email to NVC research ? or you just received it after you got the regular template that Jess sends ( NVC will contact USCIS on your behalf etc... )

Yes, it's the email from NVC Research. We got it the day after our case arrived. That was Tuesday morning. We got our case number on Wednesday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great another useless call to uscis today they say it's still at csc because the IO stated honestly there really backed up and NVC is requesting CSC to hold files there until the logjam dies down a little he stated they actually had a meeting today between CSC and NVC regarding this issue. I appreciate the IO's honesty but wow waiting game continues.He said to wait until January 16th a month from my service request and it should be sent out if not to call them back. So basically it's a clear cut CSC issue as it would be pointless to call or email NVC now since its collecting dust at CSC lol. I did call my senators office and they were were really friendly so basically I fill out a immigration assistance request form and write a letter fax it to them they said it takes 2 weeks for the case workers to reply and another 6-8 weeks to get a response from CSC lol really wow waiting game continues

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, I received my case number today! I tried to look up my case on CEAC but it says invalid. Is it possible that its too early or should I call NVC back?

Make sure u select immigrant visa option then enter your case #

I've been watching this thread. So glad to hear some of you are getting ur case #s finally!!

Well, I just received an email from NVC in response to my inquiry I sent on 28 November:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center received your inquiry and the attached I-797
Notice of Action - Approval Notice. Unfortunately we do not have a
record of receiving your approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and
Immigration Services (USCIS). To assist you in determining the location
of your petition the NVC will contact USCIS on your behalf for
information on the location of this petition.

Sincerely,
Jess
National Visa Center
Written Inquiry Unit
FCi Support Contractor
NVCResearch@state.gov"

Sounds like they still don't have it... NOA 2 was 22 October.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.