thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

62 days since approval and case hadn't reached NVC. Since USCIS says my case was sent to NVC and I have to wait 30 days (right 30 or 42 or 60 who knows). Guess I'll be making calling NVC my new hobby.

im at 60 and no news yet its ridiculous that it took 2 weeks for my petition to get approved by csc and I was so happy and it takes forever just to send the damn paper to new Hampshire what a mix of emotions im going to the gym to keep my mind off of things..This government is so unorganized how do others with November approvals already have their case numbers? I was hoping for good news this Christmas and new years but I guess not well keep fighting stay strong all those who are still waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone - I feel like I found my people with this thread. Like you Angela - we are a couple where the xx is Canadian and the xy is American - but we live close to each other near the border of Detroit-Windsor so seeing each other isn't as big as a problem.

That being said - our NOA-2 was 10/21/14 and I'm in the boat with all of you.

So far I have called USCIS-CSC and was forwarded to a nice IO/Tier-2 officer with a heavy NY accent and was very kind - he told me he was putting in a request to find out what is going on and noted our expiry date of February 21st. I killed him with kindness and hopefully it pays off.

After a 3 week wait, we received our email response to NVCResearch and the mysterious "Jess" saying they don't have our file and they will be contacting USCIS to find out what is going on, on our behalf - word for word what someone above posted before.

Realize now with the holidays and New Years and things in these offices and departments are likely operating at an even slower pace - so don't really see much use in doing anything until after the New Years hangover subsides which I reckon won't be until the week of January 5th.

I guess at that point I might contact our Congressman.

Best of luck to you all , this thread was very helpful and informative in at least making us not feel so alone!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi PEGG,

Sorry to hear you're in the same boat. I hope that all you October folks find some resolution soon. If you keep at it, you should be within days of each other. I think that one noisy applicant helps everybody else whose file is in the same pile. At least that's how it seemed to work with me and Laura.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello and Happy Holidays to all of you fellow October NOA-2/CSC people.

I received an email today from USCIS which was in response to a WKD order number being issued by an IO after talking to a Tier 2 person when I called USCIS on December 12th. Today (December 24th) I received this email:

The status of this service request is:

Thank you for your inquiry. The file will be requested from our Records Center and will be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC). Please allow sixty (60) days for the NVC to receive the case and enter it into the systems.

If you move, please provide us with an updated address. For more information about address changes, please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov/ar11, and click on Change Your Address Online.

For More Information: If you do not find the information you need through our online services and need further assistance, you may contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283, or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired). If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Have any of you received this email from USCIS before? 60 days from today will put us past the validity period on the NOA-2 (which says it's valid until 2/20/15) Any other steps we should be taking?

Thanks again for all your help!

Filed: Timeline

Yes, call again. Stress the expiry date on your NOA-2 and your concern that your file may not make it to NVC on time.

I think ill be getting the same response as PEGG.

Angela, are we supposed to raise an additional Service request when we call again ?!

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Nvc emailed me a couple days ago saying USCIS was reviewing my case. That contradicts everything USCIS has told me. I also have no idea why my approved case would be under review. I decided not to reply with "that makes no sense whatsoever Jess"

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

On a more positive note, USCIS answered my last service request in a record 3 days. I will call them Monday to find out what the reply was.

Filed: Timeline

USMSBOW, Good luck !

your case is a pure definition of tragedy!!!

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Timeline

I think ill be getting the same response as PEGG.

Angela, are we supposed to raise an additional Service request when we call again ?!

I'm not sure you can if you have one open already, but you sure can request updates.

Timeline

I just read an email I received from CSC 3 days ago. I had assumed it was just automated reply to my own email. Nope. It said they have forwarded my petition to NVC and they should get it within 30 days. I kinda feel like an ### for making that service request today, but I think at this point I have some justification for being rude.

CSC emailed me again today saying my petition was sent December 15th. At least they've become consistent with their answers now.

Timeline

CSC emailed me again today saying my petition was sent December 15th. At least they've become consistent with their answers now.

This is good. Have you tried calling NVC since? Probably good to wait until next week anyway, with the holidays. When do you come home?

Timeline

This is good. Have you tried calling NVC since? Probably good to wait until next week anyway, with the holidays. When do you come home?

I tried this morning and evening (NVC time), wasn't able to get through. I fly home tomorrow, so I probably will just wait until Friday to call.

That's the day USCIS says they sent my approved petition also. I called NVC this morning and they do not have the case. NVC research sent an email reply last week that they have not recieved the case.

This is so frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.