thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My 797 notice had the same language

They all say that but it goes to NVC first then the consulate

Angela,

No response from anyone. Why does my 797 form say "your petition has been approved to the listed consulate, please contact the consulate" it does not mention the NVC at all.. It probably doesn't matter.

So just to clarify...

Nvcresearch responds about 1 month after your inquiry

Uscis takes how long from when you submit a service request?

They all say that but it goes to NVC for case # assignment then onto embassy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got off the phone with NVC and nothing.

So that's 75 days.

Today's rep had the brilliant suggestion of emailing a copy of our 797 to NVCResearch. Gee, thanks. I told her both my fiance and I have done that and it's been useless. All she could say was "oh."

So I told her to have a great day.

Recieved a reply to my November 28th service request. As expected all it says "your file is currently located at an offsite storage location. file will be requested." So another month or two to find the file?? The lack of clear answers really bugs me.

Filed: Timeline

Updates..

I called the NVC this morning only to hear that no, my petition hasn't yet arrived. I then called USCIS and was eventually patched through to a Tier 2 Supervisor (finally!). She was able to tell me the following:

My petition was incorrectly sent to the National Records Office, and will need to be returned to the CSC whereupon it will be forwarded to the NVC. I was given a ticket number and told this correction would take 5 days.

I then wrote my Congresswoman's Office to let them know what was going on. The Case Officer I'm working with said she would reach-out to the CSC's Congressional Liaison with a request to notify her as soon as my petition reaches the CSC, as well as when it reaches the NVC.

While I'm looking at more delay time, it's at least somewhat comforting to know what's going on. Incidentally, reaching the USCIS Tier 2 Supervisor took some doing. Initially, the Customer Service Rep. wanted me to wait another two weeks - I told him that was an unreasonable suggestion.

Here's a question. Is everyone experiencing this issue from CSC?

Edit: & for what it's worth, I think it's horrible that anyone's having to wait this long after NOA2 with absolutely no updates as to what's going on with their petition to NVC!

My petition was transferred from the TSC to the CSC on Aug. 11th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Once the service center sends the case to the NVC, how long does it normally take for the petitioner to receive the NVC letter with the Manila case#? My case was approved by the USCIS TSC on November 12. On November 26 it was sent from the TSC to NVC. When can I expect the NVC letter and Manila case#? When should I call them and ask for the Manila case#? We have all NVC documents ready already, so I am just waiting for the NVC letter with formal instructions and the Manila case# so my fiancee can schedule the interview at the US embassy in Manila.

Timeline

Updates..

I called the NVC this morning only to hear that no, my petition hasn't yet arrived. I then called USCIS and was eventually patched through to a Tier 2 Supervisor (finally!). She was able to tell me the following:

My petition was incorrectly sent to the National Records Office, and will need to be returned to the CSC whereupon it will be forwarded to the NVC. I was given a ticket number and told this correction would take 5 days.

I then wrote my Congresswoman's Office to let them know what was going on. The Case Officer I'm working with said she would reach-out to the CSC's Congressional Liaison with a request to notify her as soon as my petition reaches the CSC, as well as when it reaches the NVC.

While I'm looking at more delay time, it's at least somewhat comforting to know what's going on. Incidentally, reaching the USCIS Tier 2 Supervisor took some doing. Initially, the Customer Service Rep. wanted me to wait another two weeks - I told him that was an unreasonable suggestion.

Forgive me for chuckling but several have heard that story, too.

Once the service center sends the case to the NVC, how long does it normally take for the petitioner to receive the NVC letter with the Manila case#? My case was approved by the USCIS TSC on November 12. On November 26 it was sent from the TSC to NVC. When can I expect the NVC letter and Manila case#? When should I call them and ask for the Manila case#? We have all NVC documents ready already, so I am just waiting for the NVC letter with formal instructions and the Manila case# so my fiancee can schedule the interview at the US embassy in Manila.

This is a thread for people who have been waiting longer than a month. We are trying to focus on that issue here. Edited by thatangela

So as expected, NVCResearch reply was from Jess and had nothing useful in it. ( NVC will contact USCIS on our behalf).

We also got a reply by email from USCIS on the service request we raised stating that we should receive a follow-up notice within 30 days.

Did you Angela/guys have the same reply from USCIS ?! 30 days? and if yes what replies should we be expecting ? another template?

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

My petition was transferred from the TSC to the CSC on Aug. 11th.

I guess I should've rephrased the question to ask if everyone affected by this has a CSC-approved petition.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Yes, I have a CSC-approved petition.

I guess this is the dark side of the petition process. CSC approves petitions significantly faster than TSC & now this issue, which I've never heard of before. A seemingly large # of petitions that are in limbo after being approved.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Timeline

So as expected, NVCResearch reply was from Jess and had nothing useful in it. ( NVC will contact USCIS on our behalf).

We also got a reply by email from USCIS on the service request we raised stating that we should receive a follow-up notice within 30 days.

Did you Angela/guys have the same reply from USCIS ?! 30 days? and if yes what replies should we be expecting ? another template?

I know nothing of a followup notice. We are supposed to call in again on Dec. 19 if we still don't have our case number.

Timeline

If there's another avenue to approach this thing, I'm not aware of it.

Thus far, neither do we. All I can tell you is that me, Laura and Bow - possibly others - are in the same holding pattern.

Like I said above, Dec. 19 is our drop-dead date for calling again. The IO with whom my fiance last spoke told him or file was being recovered from NRC and shipped to NVC. That phone call took place on Nov. 26.

Edited by thatangela

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.