thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep. Can't say I missed calling NVC on a daily basis.

me, dude. I want to wring someone's neck for you.

She lists a number of steps to take on the first page of the thread. It's fairly detailed.

And honestly, this thing is a crapshoot. I've followed them and am still stuck.

Yes, this.

Have you gone the ombudsman route yet? I can't remember ...

Great thread. Thanks much USMSBOW for passing on the link, and previous advice.

Am in same situation. USCIS California NOA2 approved Oct 15th, nothing yet to arrive at NVC New Hampshire.

Got heaps of misinformation from both bureaucracies... but seems, the file is gathering dust in California. USCIS has is sending a letter explaining what will happen now, will read it and then keep chasing and calling. One of the Tier 2 officers mentioned putting an expedite order on the file - lets see if that actually happens...

Will update on progress as it painfully/slowly/patiently moves along. To be honest, any movement however slow right now would be bliss!!! News of thatangela's progress is very encouraging x

Now definitely need to get an extension on our NOA2 (expires 15 Feb). Would we do this through local embassy, or USCIS California again?

After everything we went through, things are happening at mind-numbing speed now. My medical is on the 16th and my interview is on the 21st. I have to tentatively book a U-Haul for the 26th or so. All is cool as long as my fiance doesn't miss the Super Bowl.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Have you gone the ombudsman route yet? I can't remember ...

I just did that today. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Timeline

Great thread. Thanks much USMSBOW for passing on the link, and previous advice.

Am in same situation. USCIS California NOA2 approved Oct 15th, nothing yet to arrive at NVC New Hampshire.

Got heaps of misinformation from both bureaucracies... but seems, the file is gathering dust in California. USCIS has is sending a letter explaining what will happen now, will read it and then keep chasing and calling. One of the Tier 2 officers mentioned putting an expedite order on the file - lets see if that actually happens...

Will update on progress as it painfully/slowly/patiently moves along. To be honest, any movement however slow right now would be bliss!!! News of thatangela's progress is very encouraging x

Now definitely need to get an extension on our NOA2 (expires 15 Feb). Would we do this through local embassy, or USCIS California again?

Exact same dates here too. Does your expedite service request starts with WKD?

I just did that today. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Any tips on do we $^#%# reach those?

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Timeline

Any tips on do we $^#%# reach those?

https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

I attached my NOA2 and the BS service request replies I received.

Edited by usmsbow

Timeline

USCIS Tier 2: Call back in 2 weeks and see if we can provide more info for you then. The last service request said give us 90 days. You might be delayed right now because your NOA2 is about to expire and they will extend it another 4 months. I don't know. We're really backed up, and so is NVC. I'm sorry.

Ha, what a freaking joke. In other words, they have no clue whatsoever what the situation is. I'm really in a bureaucratic nightmare now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

After everything we went through, things are happening at mind-numbing speed now. My medical is on the 16th and my interview is on the 21st. I have to tentatively book a U-Haul for the 26th or so. All is cool as long as my fiance doesn't miss the Super Bowl.

16th and 21st of January? That is amazing news, Angela! Congrats and so happy to hear that things are finally moving quickly after the long wait after NOA2.

K-1

Submitted forms to USCIS // 12.02.2014

Received NOA1 email and assigned to CSC // 12.08.2014 (L)

Received NOA1 letter and assigned to CSC // 12.15.2014

Received NOA2 via checking status on the site // 01.02.2015 (L)

Received LND case number from calling NVC // 01.22.2015

Medical Appointment // 02.09.2015

Visiting the UK!! // 2.11-16

Interview // 4.13.2015 APPROVED!!!!!!

CEAC Status Changed to AP // 4.20.2015

P.O.E. // 4.25.2015 @ SFO

Married! // 5.2.2015

AOS

Electronic NOA1 Received // 05.27.2015

Hard Copy NOA1 Received // 6.2.2015

Biometrics Appointment // 6.15.2015

EAD and AP Approval // 8.8.2015

Filed: Timeline

We got a mail from USCIS service request that we have raised.

It said that they Sent our case on December 17... Nothing in NVC though !!!

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

We got a mail from USCIS service request that we have raised.

It said that they Sent our case on December 17... Nothing in NVC though !!!

Interesting. BOW and I are told that our cases were sent on December 15th. All three cases are still not at NVC.

Considering it takes two weeks to get something in the mail from NVC. I dont know what to believe.

I hope NVC has it soon for all of us. The last NVC person I talked with was very discouraging.

Timeline

NVC latest is that it takes 35 days to receive the petition and another 42 to enter it. What????

LOL. I don't believe that. No one on this board has had to wait that long for it to be entered.

I also am skeptical our cases were sent out on December 15th, especially when I got a service reply later that said they'd be sending my file "soon". Nice contradiction CSC. Besides contacting the omsbudsman, I emailed SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov, which oversees the USCIS service centers. Supposedly they should respond within 10 days...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

LOL. I don't believe that. No one on this board has had to wait that long for it to be entered.

I also am skeptical our cases were sent out on December 15th, especially when I got a service reply later that said they'd be sending my file "soon". Nice contradiction CSC. Besides contacting the omsbudsman, I emailed SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov, which oversees the USCIS service centers. Supposedly they should respond within 10 days...

My case was also finally sent out on December 17th after retrieval from NRC. The congressional liaision office at the CSC actually called my congressional case worker on December 15th and said it would be shipped in 1 to 3 days and to allow two to three weeks for delivery. I got the exact ship day of December 17th because I work for DHS and so I have a USCIS liaision officer who i have a direct line with. (unfortuneately I only found out about this contact a couple weeks ago, otherwise I could have saved a lot of waiting on hold). If you add three federal holidays into the mix, three weeks adds up to this coming monday, so Im very hopeful we all get good news soon. as for the 42 days, that only applies to visas processed at the NVC. K1 visas dont get processed there. they only receive a case number and then are sent to the overseas embasssy/consulate to finish processing. Hope this helps.

personally, I'm in a sticky spot right now bacause my NOA2 expires Jan 16th. If it gets to the NVC before that I'm alright, after that and I think it gets sent back to the CSC for reapproval. Which, considering they use a three legged tortoise to mail files back and forth, will extend my timeline by another few months, assuming they dont screw up again. Although on the expiration stuff i haven't gotten a firm answer on that yet, just rumors from this website. My congressional case wroker is going to look into that issue tomorrow.

NOA1: April 17th 2014, Case at TSCAugust 10th Case transferred to CSC to "speed up processing" this turns out to be a horrible joke.NOA2: September 17 2014 case "forwarded to the NVC". all liesNovember 24th 2014, case not yet arrived at NVC. I call USCIS and learn that my case never left the CSC. I request an expedite from a Tier 2 call center agent.November 25th 2014 I receive an email from the CSC stating that my case is being retrieved from the records center and to allow 30 days.December 17th, 2014. My case is "resent" from the CSC to the NVC.January 12th, 2015. I call USCIS and ask where my case it. I find out it didn't actually leave the building until January 5th.January 13th, 2015. My case arrives at the NVC. January 14th, 2015 I receive my NVC case number.January 21st, 2015 CEAC Status: In Transit!January 26th 2015, At Stockholm Embassy<p>March 12th, 2015 Interview...complete!

Timeline

My case was also finally sent out on December 17th after retrieval from NRC. The congressional liaision office at the CSC actually called my congressional case worker on December 15th and said it would be shipped in 1 to 3 days and to allow two to three weeks for delivery. I got the exact ship day of December 17th because I work for DHS and so I have a USCIS liaision officer who i have a direct line with. (unfortuneately I only found out about this contact a couple weeks ago, otherwise I could have saved a lot of waiting on hold). If you add three federal holidays into the mix, three weeks adds up to this coming monday, so Im very hopeful we all get good news soon. as for the 42 days, that only applies to visas processed at the NVC. K1 visas dont get processed there. they only receive a case number and then are sent to the overseas embasssy/consulate to finish processing. Hope this helps.

personally, I'm in a sticky spot right now bacause my NOA2 expires Jan 16th. If it gets to the NVC before that I'm alright, after that and I think it gets sent back to the CSC for reapproval. Which, considering they use a three legged tortoise to mail files back and forth, will extend my timeline by another few months, assuming they dont screw up again. Although on the expiration stuff i haven't gotten a firm answer on that yet, just rumors from this website. My congressional case wroker is going to look into that issue tomorrow.

Thanks for that insight!

So I just got an amazingly fast response from SCOPSSCATA (the e-mail address I mentioned in the prior post). They e-mailed CSC and said to respond and resolve my issue ASAP. CSC then repeated what they told me 3 weeks ago (it's on its way to NVC, give it 30 days).

I'm amazed frankly. While I still don't totally trust what Officer McClellan writes, I have a little more faith since he's telling those above him the same info.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Bow, have you considered contacting your local media? Seems with all this chatter about immigration reform, someone might be interested in a story about the good guy getting screwed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i just got an email from nvcresearch, they say they have no record of receiving anything and they will contact the uscis about it

* - 18th August 2014 - I-129f Sent

* - 21st August 2015 - Recived at CSC

* - 30th September - NOA 1 Received

* - 3rd November - NOA 2 Received

-- was never sent to NVC, got it re approved --

* - 9th January - NOA 2 approved

* - 13th January - Notice from CSC that it was sent this time to NVC

* - 21st January - Received at NVC

* - 22nd January - Case Number assisgned

* - 31st January - left NVC for London

* - 6th Feb - Arrived at Embassy

* - 10th Feb - Packet 3 Received and DS-160 Filled out.

* - 25th February - Medical :dancing:

* - 26th February - readiness form sent

* - 7th April - Interview - approved

* - 14th April - Visa in hand.

* - 17th April Tickets booked http://itsalmo.st/#timetofly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.