thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

That's the day USCIS says they sent my approved petition also. I called NVC this morning and they do not have the case. NVC research sent an email reply last week that they have not recieved the case.

This is so frustrating.

Thanks for the info. Definitely will wait to call them again until I'm back in the USA. Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Timeline

CSC emailed me again today saying my petition was sent December 15th. At least they've become consistent with their answers now.

from which email they mailed you? csc-ncsc-followup or USCIS ?

Was any update requested from you?

I called NVC yesterday still nothing yet

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I can't believe this is taking so long for everyone. There are no words to describe how wrong all of this is, I haven't written on here since we found out our case had reached NVC because I just don't know what to say. My fiances senetor got in contact with him and have him our case number on the 22nd, a few days after we found out NVC got our case. I'm not a religious person but I'm praying that everyone hears something soon

Edited by laurak29

Timeline

from which email they mailed you? csc-ncsc-followup or USCIS ?

Was any update requested from you?

I called NVC yesterday still nothing yet

CSC follow-up. It's always from officer McClellan.

He was sending me another reply to my rant about 10 days ago. He probably forgot he had already sent me a reply last week.

Edited by usmsbow

Timeline

I'm dealing with complete fools. Ok, so the USCIS letter I received that was sent on 12/5 says my case is under review, just like NVC was told. #######?? The 2nd service request response says that my case was approved and that I should contact NVC (ie another NOA2 copy). What the hell is going on?? I am going to have to call USCIS yet AGAIN. I don't believe the e-mail from USCIS saying they mailed my application on December 15th.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Filed: Timeline

I'm dealing with complete fools. Ok, so the USCIS letter I received that was sent on 12/5 says my case is under review, just like NVC was told. #######?? The 2nd service request response says that my case was approved and that I should contact NVC (ie another NOA2 copy). What the hell is going on?? I am going to have to call USCIS yet AGAIN. I don't believe the e-mail from USCIS saying they mailed my application on December 15th.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ridiculous !

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Timeline

I forgot to add: when I called NVC this morning, the lady asked me the beneficiary's name and DOB. I was like WHOA S--T! It finally happened! After giving her the info, she said, "Oh, I'm sorry, can you give me your case # again? I think I entered it wrong". G-dmn it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi all, my case was approved at the CSC on sep 17th. After a couple of months and no case number I found iut from a tier 2 cis agent that my case had not yet been sent from the csc. She put an expedite request in. Like many of you experienced, my case had to be recalled from the nrc. It was finally recieved and forwarded to the nvc on december 17th. Nvc says it takes 35 days to arrive. Well my approval expires on jan 16th which is 5 days before the expected 35 days. Will my case be sent back to uscis because its expired? The nvc call center says it wont, but I saw at least one posting on this website from a year ago where it was in the same situation. Has anyone heard anything official on this idea of an approval expiring prior to arrival at nvc?

NOA1: April 17th 2014, Case at TSCAugust 10th Case transferred to CSC to "speed up processing" this turns out to be a horrible joke.NOA2: September 17 2014 case "forwarded to the NVC". all liesNovember 24th 2014, case not yet arrived at NVC. I call USCIS and learn that my case never left the CSC. I request an expedite from a Tier 2 call center agent.November 25th 2014 I receive an email from the CSC stating that my case is being retrieved from the records center and to allow 30 days.December 17th, 2014. My case is "resent" from the CSC to the NVC.January 12th, 2015. I call USCIS and ask where my case it. I find out it didn't actually leave the building until January 5th.January 13th, 2015. My case arrives at the NVC. January 14th, 2015 I receive my NVC case number.January 21st, 2015 CEAC Status: In Transit!January 26th 2015, At Stockholm Embassy<p>March 12th, 2015 Interview...complete!

Timeline

Hi all, my case was approved at the CSC on sep 17th. After a couple of months and no case number I found iut from a tier 2 cis agent that my case had not yet been sent from the csc. She put an expedite request in. Like many of you experienced, my case had to be recalled from the nrc. It was finally recieved and forwarded to the nvc on december 17th. Nvc says it takes 35 days to arrive. Well my approval expires on jan 16th which is 5 days before the expected 35 days. Will my case be sent back to uscis because its expired? The nvc call center says it wont, but I saw at least one posting on this website from a year ago where it was in the same situation. Has anyone heard anything official on this idea of an approval expiring prior to arrival at nvc?

Another poster with the same NOA2 date as you that's in our situation posted the following on another thread:

CSC(USCIS) has an expedited request with NRC to get our case back. They are going to give us a new approval notice which will be good for 4 months. The lady who help from congresswoman said we should get that before the end of the year. It will then be sent to NVC.

Given that info and what others have posted in previous years, I'd say the NVC call center is probably wrong unfortunately.

Just curious: how did you find out that USCIS sent it to the NVC on December 17th? By e-mail? Or some other way? I'm just asking because I received two e-mails saying my case was forwarded to NVC on December 15th. I'm becoming quite skeptical since USCIS has no credibility now for me. They have BSed me over and over.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thats what I was afraid of...My congressperson was able to get the date it was sent.

NOA1: April 17th 2014, Case at TSCAugust 10th Case transferred to CSC to "speed up processing" this turns out to be a horrible joke.NOA2: September 17 2014 case "forwarded to the NVC". all liesNovember 24th 2014, case not yet arrived at NVC. I call USCIS and learn that my case never left the CSC. I request an expedite from a Tier 2 call center agent.November 25th 2014 I receive an email from the CSC stating that my case is being retrieved from the records center and to allow 30 days.December 17th, 2014. My case is "resent" from the CSC to the NVC.January 12th, 2015. I call USCIS and ask where my case it. I find out it didn't actually leave the building until January 5th.January 13th, 2015. My case arrives at the NVC. January 14th, 2015 I receive my NVC case number.January 21st, 2015 CEAC Status: In Transit!January 26th 2015, At Stockholm Embassy<p>March 12th, 2015 Interview...complete!

Timeline

Thats what I was afraid of...My congressperson was able to get the date it was sent.

Ok, thanks for the info. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I called today to both NVC and USCIS (I've lost track of how many times I've called - here's how it went:

NVC - really rude guy who was doing everything he could to end the call and move on - I stumped him when I informed him that, yes, i've already emailed NVCResearch and that my concern is the validity date expression - he told me I should contact the embassy/consulate of my finance's country (I informed him she is Canadian) and he said well call them and they will issue her a new I-797 - which makes no sense - which I told him since I was the one who received the I-797 for having my petition approved and that why would Montreal help me when NVC hasn't sent anything on to them? He didn't have an answer for me - just told me not to worry about the expiration date

USCIS - was immediately referred to a Tier 2/IO - 45 mins later a woman called me who also was rude (two strikes today unfortunately) she saw that I had a service request performed already, was unwilling to initiate another one, told me I was going to have to wait 60 days from December 24th (when the service request was processed from a previous phone call on December 12th - for those new here, our NOA2 date was October 21) - she also told me not to worry about the expiration date on the I-797.

I then called an old friend who is working for my Senator Elect - he was going to see what he could do on his end - so that's our update. Beyond frustrated. Really praying that with the new year and a regular work week starting back up next week that things will begin to sort itself out from this nightmare.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called today to both NVC and USCIS (I've lost track of how many times I've called - here's how it went:

NVC - really rude guy who was doing everything he could to end the call and move on - I stumped him when I informed him that, yes, i've already emailed NVCResearch and that my concern is the validity date expression - he told me I should contact the embassy/consulate of my finance's country (I informed him she is Canadian) and he said well call them and they will issue her a new I-797 - which makes no sense - which I told him since I was the one who received the I-797 for having my petition approved and that why would Montreal help me when NVC hasn't sent anything on to them? He didn't have an answer for me - just told me not to worry about the expiration date

USCIS - was immediately referred to a Tier 2/IO - 45 mins later a woman called me who also was rude (two strikes today unfortunately) she saw that I had a service request performed already, was unwilling to initiate another one, told me I was going to have to wait 60 days from December 24th (when the service request was processed from a previous phone call on December 12th - for those new here, our NOA2 date was October 21) - she also told me not to worry about the expiration date on the I-797.

I then called an old friend who is working for my Senator Elect - he was going to see what he could do on his end - so that's our update. Beyond frustrated. Really praying that with the new year and a regular work week starting back up next week that things will begin to sort itself out from this nightmare.

exactly nvc and uscis are rude everytime I call I get different information and end up frustrated plus the countless emails that rarely get returned, just contact your local senator or congressman office that's where im at now they seem more friendly and willing to help at first I was really frustrated but ive learned to be more patient stressing and worrying isn't gonna solve anything or make them work faster its the government they could care less and maximize there time.

Timeline

At least you know that it went to the NRC and will eventually go to the NVC. Could be worse. I have no idea what the status is with my case.

Have you e-mailed CSC? I would do that, and state that you can't wait 60 days because your NOA2 will expire before then. CSC sucks a-s-s, but they've responded to my e-mails at least. They also might tell you if they've received your case from the NRC yet and/or when they sent it to NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

we've been waiting for 34 days

USCIS said they sent the case on December 5th

NVC has said they haven't received anything yet

actually no one wants to help and we're stuck in the middle of no where

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.