thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thus far, neither do we. All I can tell you is that me, Laura and Bow - possibly others - are in the same holding pattern.

Like I said above, Dec. 19 is our drop-dead date for calling again. The IO with whom my fiance last spoke told him or file was being recovered from NRC and shipped to NVC. That phone call took place on Nov. 26.

Well I hope you guys and everyone else here sees some resolution on this issue. I'll tell you one thing, as my fiancee and I experience more and more delay, the idea of moving to S.A. gets more and more attractive for me.

Edited by itstakingtoolong

Talked to uscis again today. Still no news. Put in another request. Might get some news next week. But not very optimistic. 50 days and counting.

My senators office said they encounter this routinely. Which is no surprise to those of us going trough this nightmare.

Here's an update on yesterday's actions which are noted above. I received the following today from my Congresswoman's Office:

"Hi [Congressional Case Officer],

Thank you for the below inquiry. This email serves as a follow-up to the voicemail I left earlier today. The I-129F has been located and will be sent to the National Visa Center today via next day air. The approval validity dates have been updated to reflect December 11, 2014 to April 10, 2015. Please allow 10 days to contact the National Visa Center. If you have any questions, please contact us again."

So, theoretically I could have a case number by Christmas week. Theoretically (I'm not holding my breath).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've seen other situations where a Congressperson's involvement has helped. You may be on the right track and that's awesome!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Very happy to see a thread totally devoted to this mess, very unhappy that no one has had anything resolved yet. I won't be wasting my time calling nvc until either a) I'm back in the states or b) one of you reports success.

It's been awkward explaining the situation here in Indonesia to my fiancée's family. When they hear about it, they are all in disbelief and most add that even the Indonesian government isn't that incompetent.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

It is paperless... though I would venture to guess that the State Dept. doesn't have access to DHS case-management software. Best guess? Our petitions are downloaded onto some type of portable media before being mailed out.

Edited by itstakingtoolong

Timeline

Oh, it's paperless?

Because I recall filling out a paper form and receiving confirmations for approval and service request via snail mail ... on paper.

Go figure.

Timeline

This was an interesting read about inefficiencies and one guy's experience with the CR-1 visa. A lot of it sounds familiar, though.

http://www.brookings.edu/research/opinions/2013/04/15-immigration-process-west

So we also got a reply from CSC follow up mail stating that they received our inquiry and to give them 30 days to get back to us.

I feel this is taking forever!

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Timeline

Another week and nothing.

I did, however, see a post in another about a couple who got their NOA2 on Sept. 18, had their case file sent to NRC, jumped through all the hoops and got their case number on Dec. 8.

I want to have big hopes for next week (we're a Sept. 25 NOA2) and, thankfully, I'll be in WA with my fiance to (hopefully) celebrate.

wishing you all the luck Angela!

Any idea if those couples took steps in addition to those that we already all did?

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks, wiss. Same back to you. Yes, that couple mentioned the email, the service requests and the senator's involvement.

I dont understand what this means..

I contacted my congresswoman and i recieved this from UCSIS.

post-188440-0-18993700-1418506354_thumb.png

Edited by Lopezma269

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.