thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Lopezma, either your congressional office erred or USCIS did. Basically that letter is saying you were approved and they sent you your NOA2. They then give yoy instructions on how to get another copy. You need to contact your congressional office to make it clear you got the approval, but nvc hasn't and needs to get it.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Lopezma, either your congressional office erred or USCIS did. Basically that letter is saying you were approved and they sent you your NOA2. They then give yoy instructions on how to get another copy. You need to contact your congressional office to make it clear you got the approval, but nvc hasn't and needs to get it.

Thanks. I got 2 more letters from my congresswomans office. Did yours look anything like this? I hope this is it for me. 10-15 days more.

Timeline

The first service reply I got from USCIS was very similar to the email you received from them.

Filed: Timeline

I'm in the same situation with a NOA2 of 22 October. I waited about 35 days and contacted NVC to which I was told they did not receive my case from USCIS. The lady apparently put in a request to have USCIS send it. I also contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier 2 officer to find out CSC never actually sent my case. He put in a request to have it sent to NVC. This was about two weeks ago and just a couple of days ago, I received a similar email to the one some of you received except mine reads:

"The status of this service request is:

Thank you for your inquiry. The file will be requested from our Records Center for review. Please allow 45 days for the receipt and review of the file."

It sounds like my paperwork was sent to the National Records Center (NRC) like some of you have mentioned. I'm not sure why, but I'll try to contact USCIS again on Monday to see if I can get an update.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm in the same situation with a NOA2 of 22 October. I waited about 35 days and contacted NVC to which I was told they did not receive my case from USCIS. The lady apparently put in a request to have USCIS send it. I also contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier 2 officer to find out CSC never actually sent my case. He put in a request to have it sent to NVC. This was about two weeks ago and just a couple of days ago, I received a similar email to the one some of you received except mine reads:

"The status of this service request is:

Thank you for your inquiry. The file will be requested from our Records Center for review. Please allow 45 days for the receipt and review of the file."

It sounds like my paperwork was sent to the National Records Center (NRC) like some of you have mentioned. I'm not sure why, but I'll try to contact USCIS again on Monday to see if I can get an update.

our dates are around the same time I wonder if they really are screwing the Octobers up big time mine was approved oct 23rd of course nvc hasn't got it yet so Friday I spoke to a tier 2 officer at uscis and they told me it hasn't been sent to nvc yet and a service request was put in and I should hear something in 5-6 days im not holding my breath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

• also thanks angela for this meaningfull post glad you took the time to help out others who are in similar situations and that can vent hope we all get good news soon...Also does anyone know what happens when the expiration date ends on our noa2 and were still going through this bs do they extend it or what?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know what happens if we go past expiration. I recall reading something about DOS extending it in these cases. The expiration date is really for people who end up abandoning the process, which I assure you we have no plans on doing. :)

What I do know is that the IO told my fiance on Nov. 24 that if our case hasn't reached NVC by Dec. 19, he has to call back and request an expedition, because we are approaching expiry.

I really wish the people handling thesefiles would be more transparent.

our dates are around the same time I wonder if they really are screwing the Octobers up big time mine was approved oct 23rd of course nvc hasn't got it yet so Friday I spoke to a tier 2 officer at uscis and they told me it hasn't been sent to nvc yet and a service request was put in and I should hear something in 5-6 days im not holding my breath

We were approved October 22nd and I wondered the same thing. If there was a major mess form those of us approved 22/23/24. I don't know what to believe I have been told by different IOs that my case was at CSC and at records center.

I'm glad we are not alone in this. Hopefully all of us can share good news soon of our cases reaching NVC. Honestly I'm not expecting any news until after the first of the year.

Timeline

Called NVC today due to prodding from fiancee and my mom. Same s--t, different day. Actually one small difference: nvc person said I wasn't alone, and one of many in this situation right now. They haven't said that before. I then shot off an email to csc-USCIS saying they are unprofessional, and the fact many of us are in this situation is borderline ridiculous. I really don't care if I'm rude and slightly insulting at this point.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

We were approved October 22nd and I wondered the same thing. If there was a major mess form those of us approved 22/23/24. I don't know what to believe I have been told by different IOs that my case was at CSC and at records center.

I'm glad we are not alone in this. Hopefully all of us can share good news soon of our cases reaching NVC. Honestly I'm not expecting any news until after the first of the year.

I was approved 22nd of October as well, through CSC-still nothing. I have put in a service request last week but waiting to hear back. I have also contacted my congressman and hopefully that will be some sort of help as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Best news in a long time!

I just got off the phone with NVC. Our case file arrived today. We should have our number by the end of the week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.