doberg

How to waive meeting in person for k1 visa (merged)

37 posts in this topic

You can google it but it would be a colossal mistake to even consider it for a second.

The US does not accept mail order brides, you must go and meet her in person. School affords plenty of breaks and time for visits. Not a reason to not meet someone before marrying them.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

If you can't go see her now because of your studies, then your girlfriend can apply for a visitor visa to come here. However, visitor visas are hard to get approved. If your girlfriend cannot come here, then your other option is to wait until you are finished with your studies and then go visit her.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Don't do the proxy marriage. You have several options:

- meet during the summer holidays

- wait until you are out of college and have a job to meet and petition for the visa. Probably a better idea as you also need to financially support her, and the US embassy in the Phils rarely allows co-sponsors for the K1.

- Have her apply for a tourist visa. She is unlikely to get it, but you never know.

- Meet ina third country closer to the USA where it is easier for her to get a visa and you to travel- Mexico maybe?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

The best option is meeting in person and is better for you to meet her,she might not be able to get a tourist visa to the US,better you meet where is close to he or in her country but will involve a lot of money..

TimeLine

3/11/2014:I-129F petition mailed

3/14/2014:Confirmation of arrival at Lockbox office

3/19/2014:Text/ Email of NOA1 received

3/24/2014:Received NOA1 via mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

There is no way you could get approved without meeting in the last two years because that's is an essential requirement in the application. Not only should you have met in the last two years, you should also be able to prove it with sufficient documentation like pictures together, travel tickets, hotel checkins, etc.

Very few cases succeed in getting a waiver on the meeting in two years criteria. Valid reasons could be strict religious restrictions not allowing you to meet before marriage or both of you being medically unfit to travel but you should be able to prove these conditions.

I would recommend that you either get her to visit you or you both meet midway in another country, save the travel details and take pictures.

All the best.

I129F sent (CSC) : 02-Jun-14

NOA1 date : 04-Jun-14

NOA2 date : 17-Jun-14 (13 days from NOA1)

NVC Case# Assigned : 02-Jul-14

Consulate Email received : 15-Jul-14

Interview Date scheduled : 14-Aug-14

Interview Status : APPROVED! (71 days from NOA1)

POE date : 12-Sep-14 WE'RE TOGETHER!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Meet at some place and take lots of pictures so you can apply for the k-1.

If you get proxy marriage. Then you also need to see each other in person so what is the point???? Also will make everything more more difficult. Because then you have to bring her as a family member and it's slower. ( and of course seeing each other first always )

it's faster to get a K-1 visa....... ( and of course if married then you CANT go back and ask for the K-1 when you realize it's the best way )

Edited by IRIScv

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What you are proposing, getting "around" 1 of the only 2 requirements to file a K-1 vis, "Meeting face .,.to face".,.,.,and proving it! The other of course the other is, you must be free to marry.

IF.,.,.,.,you want this lady,.,.YOU will find a way to meet her! I went to the Philippines 8 times in two years, I was lucky to be able to travel.,.,.,you seem to have "studies restrictions"..,.,.which you have chosen not to share with us.,.,but it was not until my 3rd trip to the Phils..,.,.,.that I finally was engagedd to my .,...,now wife, and it tood a little less than two weeks to obtain the proof of, we had met face to face.,.,.,many picturess, hotel receipts, boarding passes, scooter rental, and of course passport stamps.

I got a great little visa company in Cebu, and for just a few hundred, "they put the entire packet" together, to send to USCIS the day I got back to the USA.

It takes two weeks.,.,.,.,if you know what to do.,.,.,it can be done.,.,.we did it! K-1 approved ..,.,..wife is here and we had little problems.

IF YOU WANT this lady.,.,.,.,.,.YOU will find a way to spend 2 weeks in the Philippines.,.,.,.,otherwise.,.,.,goodluck, you will need it! She will not be coming!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My girlfriend is in the philippines and I live here in the US. I want plan to marry her, however due to my studies I am unable to go visit her. I was wondering how I can have her come here? I heard for a fiance visa, I would need to go see her first. With me not able to go to her as an option, how can I get her to legally be able to come to me?

Tourist visa for your fiancee to come visit you - from the Philippines HIGHLY unlikely.

I am planning on marrying my girlfriend from the philippines, however i am unable to go meet her in person due to being in college and working two jobs, as well as having some mental health issues that make traveling to her very difficult. Does anyone know how to waive the part about meeting in person on the k1 visa?

Waiver - not happening.

Do you get days off? Take 3 days, fly there, meet, take pictures together, get a receipt or two, fly back. Now file your K-1 visa.

Marriage by proxy - erase that from the list, not happening. This is right up there will catching a unicorn.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

what exactly is a proxy marriage? Is there any links or guidelines on it?

Even with all the people stating that marriage by proxy is not a good idea, you garb onto it. IMHO, you are looking for a way to "help" someone enter the US and get a GC and want to do so as cheaply as possible--i.e. no travel involved. If that is really the case then you are trying to commit immigration fraud. I base this statement on the fact that you focused in on the one thing in my last post that would allow this person to come to the US without you having to shell out the airline ticket money to go and visit. Even a proxy marriage requires the two of you to be together to consummate the marriage as others have stated. No matter what, you have to find a way to actually meet this person somewhere on Earth and send that proof to the USCIS with the petition.

Dave

Filed: Timeline

Even with all the people stating that marriage by proxy is not a good idea, you garb onto it. IMHO, you are looking for a way to "help" someone enter the US and get a GC and want to do so as cheaply as possible--i.e. no travel involved. If that is really the case then you are trying to commit immigration fraud. I base this statement on the fact that you focused in on the one thing in my last post that would allow this person to come to the US without you having to shell out the airline ticket money to go and visit. Even a proxy marriage requires the two of you to be together to consummate the marriage as others have stated. No matter what, you have to find a way to actually meet this person somewhere on Earth and send that proof to the USCIS with the petition.

Dave

Dave, It is not my intent to commit any form of fraud. I am more concerned about the best way for my girlfriend and I to be together as a family. I was curious about the proxy marriage, that is all. With school and working two jobs, I find it extremely difficult to simply travel to meet her in the Philippines. I was hoping to have her come here as she is less busy than I am. However, thanks to the lovely comments of everyone, I am starting to see that the best and perhaps only option is for me to go to her.

Considering that I will be studying for the next 3-4 years, and working as well: I wonder if there is an alternative option? Is it possible for my girlfriend to come here on a work visa? This way she could work while I school, and we would also be able to see each other as it would be less complicated this way. Is having her obtain a work visa a good option?

Work visa requires sponsorship by a company offering her a job, they have to spend a lot of money petitioning her and for most cases they have to prove that they cant find anyone in the US to do the job they are offering her.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

The only way to know is for her to apply, I got a tourist visa to visit my then boyfriend.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What about a visitors visa? How can I make the chances of her being accepted a b2 visa more likely? Everyone says its impossible to obtain from the Philippines, but I am sure there is a way?

There is nothing whatsoever at all you can do to improve her chances.

Think about it logically, the main criteria for a tourist visa is proving the tourist will return home. How will you guarantee she will get on the plane?

You can't and therefore you can do nothing to help other than assist her in filling out the application.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.