icv21

AOS interview from ESTA approved :)

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

we had our interview yesterday and were Approved!!!!

Our appointment was at 9:45 we arrived around 9:40, After waiting for more than 2 hours in a FREEZING waiting room the IO called our number.

He was the nicest man, very professional and friendly.

Our interview last less than 10 minutes. He makes us swear we were saying the truth.. Then asked for documentation my husband gave him his DL and I gave him my EAD.

He asked if we still live in the same address... If the signature from 1 document was from my husband... Asked if I had a job I said no, I just got my SSC a week ago and I still need to learn to drive.. And my husband said that's the next step and they both laughed. Then asked about my husband's job and talked for a little bit about it and random experiences.

He Asked me what date we got married. And if I went to honey moon I said not my husband said we are still saving money for the real thing, ceremony and honey moon and then the IO made a funny comment about his honey moon with his wife lol.

He asked for the most recent bank statement my I-94 and if I had pictures, he looked at all the pictures and asked where a couple of pictures where taken and said ok I will approve you 2 right now.. And talked about ROC a bit said God bless you and joked about my folder being organized and after that I dropped the folder and we have to pick up the documents Hahah

He didn't make us feel nervous or uncomfortable at all.

We were just getting out the elevator when my husband got 2 text messages from uscis saying the card is in production so happy!!

There was a point I was so nervous while waiting because everbody else was called in but not us I started thinking what could be wrong if it was because I didn't come with a K-1... but then it was sooooo easy, he didn't need to look at any other of my documents or asked about anything else.

we have been together fr almost 6 years so my husband said it was a easy case for him he seemed to have his mind made up before seeing us.

THANKS for all the help in the forum and good luck everybody else

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratz!

I am the beneficiary. ?

AOS timeline from K1

08-25-2014 - Mailed i485 packet via USPS

08-27-2014 - Packet delivered and signed by S. Bush

09-10-2014 - Email and txt notification received ???

09-17-2014 - Notice of Action (hard copy) received in mail dated 09/10/2014

09-17-2014 - Case Status changed from Acceptance to Initial Review

09-26-2014 - Biometrics Appointment Letter received and is scheduled on 10/06/2014 ???

10-06-2014 - Biometrics is done successfully. ???

12-01-2014 - I-797C notice (interview appointment letter) received, the uscis letter postmark is the same date

as our interview appointment date 11-25-2014 ??? U N B E L I E V A B L E !!!!

12-08-2014 - Interview appointment re-scheduled on 01-09-2015 ??? RELIEVED AND GRATEFUL

12-12-2014 - Online status changed to "Testing & Interview".

01-09-2015 - Interview Appointment Date ???

01-09-2015 - AOS application APPROVED! Case Status changed to card production and Welcome Notice mailed. ???

01-15-2015 - Welcome Notice received. ???

01-16-2015 - New card was mailed ??????

01-16-2015 - Case status online updated to "card was picked up by the USPS", tracking number received.

01-17-2015 - Received notification from USCIS and USPS that the card has been delivered. But only to find out that it was not delivered in our mailbox.

01-17 to 01-19-2015 - Green Card Missing.

01-20-2015 Green Card received. The carrier found it! ??? and delivered it to us. So relieved and thankful. ???

THANK YOU VISAJOURNEY AND TO ITS MEMBERS! YOU ARE ALL PART OF OUR VISA JOURNEY. ???

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from WST-based AOS to WST-based AOS Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The moral of the story is don't bother petitioning for a K1 visa or CR-1 if you are under ESTA or have a tourist visa. Just travel to the US with no intention of getting married, change your mind (or have the petitioner be oblivious to the law) and then AOS.

(Of course I am not advocating this, just stating the unfairness and the typical abuse of this loophole).

Edited by msbau764

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Timeline

The moral of the story is don't bother petitioning for a K1 visa or CR-1 if you are under ESTA or have a tourist visa. Just travel to the US with no intention of getting married, change your mind and then AOS.

Well not exactly. I never came here with the intention of getting married. But on my last visit I was retained at the aiport for 2 hours. They wanted to send me back home because they said I came here too many times. They called my boyfriend ( now husband ) and they said it was the last time I was allowed in the country as a tourist. So I guess if that happens to you when your girl comes to see you, you change your mind and don't want to let her go.

We didn't even know staying with ESTA was possible, my husband contacted people asking if it was possible for them to not let me come again if I was visiting a US citizen and everybody said yes so he wouldn't risk it.

We talked about marriage before yes. But we were saving money to have a nice wedding, we were not even engaged I don't even have a engagement ring yet just a weeding band. once we had the amount of money we would ask for a K-1. That's why my husband told the IO we are still doing the real thing when we have the money, he understood completely.

Edit: I came to this country 11 times during 5 years to spend time together and I would stay always 89 days, I guess if it's someone intention to stay they do it earlier. We just were spending the most time together until had the money for eveything. I don't say it's easier and for people to do it because that's against the law coming here with this plan and can turn out very bad. I came here for summer with just a bag of summer clothes, bikinis dresses and shorts since it's so hot in the sout.

After staying and getting married, I had to go to the spanish consul, My family had to get all my documents like birth certificate and vaccines.... had to send me winter clothes..... I had all kind of evidence with me showing it was all in a honest way how we did it, and if the aiport issue never happened we wouldn't be married now because we had another plan

Edited by IRIScv

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Timeline

Thanks so much everybody, I just wish everyone of you the best on your cases! :)

Edited by IRIScv

y59om4.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Well not exactly. I never came here with the intention of getting married. But on my last visit I was retained at the aiport for 2 hours. They wanted to send me back home because they said I came here too many times. They called my boyfriend ( now husband ) and they said it was the last time I was allowed in the country as a tourist. So I guess if that happens to you when your girl comes to see you, you change your mind and don't want to let her go.

We didn't even know staying with ESTA was possible, my husband contacted people asking if it was possible for them to not let me come again if I was visiting a US citizen and everybody said yes so he wouldn't risk it.

We talked about marriage before yes. But we were saving money to have a nice wedding, we were not even engaged I don't even have a engagement ring yet just a weeding band. once we had the amount of money we would ask for a K-1. That's why my husband told the IO we are still doing the real thing when we have the money, he understood completely.

Edit: I came to this country 11 times during 5 years to spend time together and I would stay always 89 days, I guess if it's someone intention to stay they do it earlier. We just were spending the most time together until had the money for eveything. I don't say it's easier and for people to do it because that's against the law coming here with this plan and can turn out very bad. I came here for summer with just a bag of summer clothes, bikinis dresses and shorts since it's so hot in the sout.

After staying and getting married, I had to go to the spanish consul, My family had to get all my documents like birth certificate and vaccines.... had to send me winter clothes..... I had all kind of evidence with me showing it was all in a honest way how we did it, and if the aiport issue never happened we wouldn't be married now because we had another plan

Congratulations on your approval! That's very interesting, I had exactly the same experience at POE (in Newark NJ) where I was briefly detained because I was coming to see my girlfriend now-wife too often. I'm happy to see that it worked out for you!

Current AOS

Oct. 17, 2013 - Visa Waiver, POE: Newark, NJ

Jan. 13, 2014 - Got Married <3

Nov. 17 2014 - Sent AOS Application Package (I-485, I-130 and I-765)

Nov. 20 2014 - Application Received Date

Nov. 28 2014 - NOA1 email + SMS notification

Dec. 05 2014 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

Dec. 08 2014 - Biometrics appt for 12/15

Dec. 15 2014 - Biometrics

Jan. 28 2015 - EAD Ordered to be produced

Feb. 03 2015 - EAD Mailed

Feb. 05 2015 - EAD in hand

Apr. 28 2015 - Interview in New York, NY — Approved

- Welcome Letter Mailed

Timeline

Congratulations on your approval! That's very interesting, I had exactly the same experience at POE (in Newark NJ) where I was briefly detained because I was coming to see my girlfriend now-wife too often. I'm happy to see that it worked out for you!

Thank you, it happened to me in Philadelphia it was actually the first time I didn't have a direct flight Barcelona- Atlanta I was trying to save money and it turned out really bad.

It was not a good experience at all... It was 3 officers asking me same questions again and again for 2 hours! they took my iPhone, iPad, personal purse with them to a different room. They looked at all my pictures, text messages, facebook..... And registered my main bag in front of me. While they were in the other room they searched my husbands phone number and called him!!! That all while I was waiting with other officers asking me things.... I had no idea what was going on with my electronics. They also looked at everything in my wallet and broke a zipper in my purse,

All my inlaws were so mad about the situation when I landed. I was just trying not to cry on my second plane. I was missing my second flight and I told them my flight is at X time and they said it doesn't matter because you are not going.

I was stopped in Atlanta airport once before and they asked me why do you come so much and I said to visit my boyfriend and the man said yes that's what I thought asked me what his name was if he was waiting for me outside I said yes and came with me outside to see it was true and left.

Sorry to hear they stopped you too, it's really a bad moment being there not knowing what's happening. Congrats on the marriage life and I hope you get your EAD soon and interview goes well :)

Edited by IRIScv

y59om4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.