Found Frolicking

Not Good news "Glitch crashes global US passport, Visa operations"

222 posts in this topic

guess I was lucky - interview on the 15th, and CEAC updated on the 16th with issued (visa delivered by courier on the 21st (weekend in between)).

does anyone know if this would impact POE at all?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

go down, become unavailable, potato potaaaato. ;)

Databases do not crash regularly in the IT world, not my IT world. If they did then I would certainly be out of a job along with our DBA!

This sounds like what sweetmelissa alluded to in the message she received and others posted in the main forum thread about this subject. Sounds like it was a problem that took the DB offline and things are already back up. Sounds like this happened back about July 11 and delayed processing for approximately 1 week.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

guess I was lucky - interview on the 15th, and CEAC updated on the 16th with issued (visa delivered by courier on the 21st (weekend in between)).

does anyone know if this would impact POE at all?

same question here ?????

When did she have her interview. We're 10 days post approval and no Visa. :clock:

I love the IT people at State, describe it as "glitch" :no:

She had her interview on the 17th and got her visa picked up on the 24th. It was issued on the 21st though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Servers do crash regularly in the IT world. Otherwise, my fiance wouldn't have a job.

It doesn't mean Immigration servers specifically crash regularly. It just means servers in general crash. Regularly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our passport/visa system.

This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category.

We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or visa at this time.

We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.
I just copied and pasted this from US Dept of State: Consular Affairs facebook page

U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs

Yesterday · Edited

The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our passport/visa system.

This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category.

We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or visa at this time.

We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.

I just copied and pasted this from US Dept of State: Consular Affairs facebook page

I remember seeing that yesterday on their Facebook page, yet they haven't bothered to put it on their website...

The US Embassy in Honduras has actually post that notice on their website in the Immigrant Visa page. The Embassy in London has not.

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Multiple duplicate threads on this topic merged.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We read that part

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just saw this on Bureau of Consular Affairs website it a bit different from what I read earlier I did my interview on June 6 did not get a 221g but have not heard anything yet I hope Jamaica is all good

Important Notice

The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our passport and visa system. We are operational, but currently issuing documents at a reduced capacity.

We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport, Report of Birth Abroad, or visa at this time.

Routine passport services are not affected at this time. We will be posting updates to travel.state.gov as more information becomes available.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Today is officially 5 months since our NOA1 and we are nervously waiting the NOA2 from the TSC. I'm wondering if our I129-F petition had been in the system long enough to not be as affected as others or if this directly affects us. I am so nervous. Does anyone have any input?

This is my first time dealing with the visa process and I truly can't believe how ridiculously complicated and buerocratic it is for people in love to simply get married in this country. It's heart breaking to hear such negative news after waiting so long JUST for our NOA2 and I'm sure others are in the same boat. I really hope they are able to figure this out quickly.

I am the petitioner.

02/11/14 - Mailed I-129F petition to Texas Lock Box

02/20/14 - NOA1 Received Electronically

02/25/14 - Alien Registration Number changed

08/08/14 - Contacted Congressman/Senators

08/12/14 - NOA2 Received Electronically (173 days)

08/12/14 - Medical Exam in Blackrock

08/16/14 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08/18/14 - Case sent to NVC from TSC

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/27/14 - NVC Case # Assigned

08/29/14 - NVC Left

09/04/14 - Dublin Embassy Received

09/04/14 - Packet 3 Received

09/08/14 - Packet 3 Returned

09/11/14 - Packet 4 Received

09/22/14 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Department of State Consular Affairs Facebook page just posted another status update.

UPDATE: Our visa and passport processing systems are now operational, however they are working at limited capacity. We are still working to corrrect the problem and expect to be fully operational soon.

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.