Found Frolicking

Not Good news "Glitch crashes global US passport, Visa operations"

222 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Those glitches must have been going on for a few weeks. Someone on here had their interview in London about a couple weeks ago but the CEAC site didn't show an update for more than a week. So he/she contacted them and they already said they had heavy problems with the system. If I remember it right he/she got their visa by now though.

I had my interview yesterday and this morning ceac showed that our case was update the day before the interview. So I guess there is a backlog but it's probably not too huge.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

At this point. Nothing surprises me. Just when I think we are finally getting somewhere... BOOM. Something else happens. Trying to stay positive!! It has been a long journey so far... :sleepy:

Story of Us: NVC:
November 5, 2011 we met online March 5, 2014 Nvc received case
November 9, 2011 became a couple April 7, 2014 Receive I 864bill/pay I864 bill Complete DS261 online
February 6, 2012 met in person in Morocco April 9, 2014 Receive/pay IV bill
June 22, 2012 second trip to Morocco April 14, 2014 Complete DS260 online
July 13, 2012 Wedding in Morocco May 8, 2014 Receive checklist from NVC in email
March 6, 2013 Third trip to Morocco May 8, 2014 Mail completed packet to NVC
November 4,2013 Fourth trip to Morocco <3 May 12, 2014 NVC receives packet (now we wait.)
USCIS: June 10, 2014 RFE checklist for I864. June 11 call to NVC.. fixed errors.
May 1, 2013 Mail packet to USCIS to start K3 June 12, 2014 Resend packet to NVC
May 3, 2013 UPS delivery confirmation June 16, 2014 NVC receives corrected papers. (now we wait...again.. )
May 6, 2013 Email Confirmation Case Accepted and routed to USCIS for processing July 10, 2014 Called NVC. due to backlog I have to wait until 8/1 to call
May 10,2013 Check Cashed by DHS July 28, 2014 Called NVC. I was told they still have not reviewed my case.
May 10, 2013 Form I-797c NOA received by mail August 1, 2014 Called NVC due to checklist. was told my black ink was "navy". have to
May 13, 2013 Mail packet to USCIS for I - 129f reprint, resign, resend, and wait 60 days now. in NVC hell!!
May 14, 2013 Confirmed delivery of Packet for I - 129f August 2, 2014 Resend papers to NVC overnight. Due at NVC on 8/4/2014
May 21, 2013 NOA1 for I - 129f text and email August 4, 2014 NVC signs/receives papers (now the long wait begins
May 25, 2013 Form I-797c NOA received by mail August 22,2014 Receive letter from NVC that hubbys email is undeliverable
May 31, 2013 Alien Registration Number changed August 22, 2014 Called NVC to verify information..all was correct?! Not sure why?
July 12, 2013 Case updated with change of address on uscis September 22, 2014 Called NVC to check on things. 2 more weeks of backlog left.
December 4, 2013 Text and email and updated uscis website: case moved to another office for processing When they verify my black ink signature, I should have CC!
December 6, 2013 Text and email and updated uscis website saying case moved to A uscis office September 29, 2014 CASE COMPLETE!!!!
December 10, 2013 Received Hard copy by mail that it was transferred to Nebraska.
January 28, 2014 Called USCIS for update. Told I have to wait 180 days from date of transfer to call about my case. EMBASSY in Casablanca Morocco:
February 16, 2014 Service Request per USCIS website. Was told I should have an answer by March 10 on my request. Medical: October 28, 2014
February 18, 2014 Text and email and updated uscis that alien registration number changed (again) Interview: November 7, 2014 (APPROVED!!)
February 19, 2014 Text and email and update uscis NOA2 for I 130 .. k3 is now a CR1 Visa in hand: November 13, 2014
February 19, 2014 Text email and update uscis Case is shipped to nvc!! POE: JFK November 21 2014 (home at last!)
February 22, 2014 NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail Green card in hand January 2, 2015
February 28, 2014 Follow up email responding to service request confirming case shipped to NVC on February 25, 2014 Social security card in hand January 9, 2015
Living happily ever after <3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The Associated Press and Reuters, etc. sell news stories to outlets that subscribe to their services like anything else in a free market economy.

You don't think Kroger's grows their own oranges, do you? No, they buy it from a service. Oranges at Kroger can be the exact same as the ones at Albertsons.

The news stories can be the same word for word because they were purchased.

Having cleared that up, I hope the glitch is repaired quickly for all of those in this community affected.

RobbieG,

Dallas, TX

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Someone on the august interview thread posted screen shots form the us department of state consular affairs Facebook page where they confirm the problem :(

USCIS

08/06/2013 - PD

02/18/2014 - NOA2

NVC

02/27/2014 - case received

04/01/2014 - case number and IIN

06/27/2014 - CASE COMPLETE

CONSULATE

08/26/2014 - interview date - APPROVED

08/29/2014 - visa and package received

POE

09/07/2014 - New York JFK

10/04/2014 - GC!!!!!!!

ROC

07/11/2016 petition sent to VSC

07/19/2016 check cashed

May I ask where you read the above ?

10 days post approval, Oy!

I didn't read this anywhere. I simply think this is how people will be affected by this - including my wife.

Those glitches must have been going on for a few weeks. Someone on here had their interview in London about a couple weeks ago but the CEAC site didn't show an update for more than a week. So he/she contacted them and they already said they had heavy problems with the system. If I remember it right he/she got their visa by now though.

I had my interview yesterday and this morning ceac showed that our case was update the day before the interview. So I guess there is a backlog but it's probably not too huge.

Yes this also happened to me at Vancouver consulate a few weeks ago. My interview was July 10th and it took an extra week for my visa to get issued and printed because of a worldwide computer issue that happened July 11th. It that has since been fixed, my visa has been issued and recieved. Makes me wonder if this is another/different issue, or media getting wind of a problem from a few weeks ago.

The email I received from the consulate dated July 18th:

There was a delay in the processing of your K-1 visa because late last week there was a severe worldwide computer issue and our systems were down. Once the system came back up on Monday, it basically took time to catch up on all the cases that were affected by this computer problem. We have since issued your visa, your package is being shipped to Loomis this afternoon. Please wait for Loomis to contact you by email to advise you when to pick up your package at the Loomis location you selected.

So I just looked this up and I feel like I'm losing my mind because EVERY single news source that reported this has the same EXACT story, word for word. It's like it was just copied and pasted numerous times. I find that EXTREMELY strange.

I also didn't see this in NY Times or CNN, ie the bigger more reputable sources. I don't go to Fox news. I don't mean to spread conspiracy theories here but is it possible this is just a BS excuse for all the delays?

Here's what I find even more bizarre, the Department of State announced this via Facebook post and not on their official web site. If it's on there, it's certainly not on their home page.

I just started watching the daily press briefing, they're talking about the cease-fire in Israel. If anyne caught the first 15 minutes, did they even mention the computer crash?

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

They're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Databases crash regularly in the IT world and while they cause a delay its not a permanent thing. If the crash was so catastrophic that it lasted weeks or months...we'd have a much bigger problem. Heads would roll somewhere.

Agreed. And every single article is word for word identical. Prob someone who works in immigration told a story to Fox news and they wrote it up in the usual fashion- in such a way that the only conclusion to draw is that the world is ending. I suspect its the same computer issue that happened a few weeks ago and media just got light of it. But who knows.

I do agree with the whole mountain out of a mole hill sentiment.

I think that the only thing that they can do its fix the glitch as soon as possible, and they must be working in it, because being a worldwide problem, I guess the last thing that they want its more paperwork acumulated. Im not capable to think in a conspiracy theory about an tech issue that will be fixed sooner or later.

I know the waiting its difficult because im in the same situation, but I suggest to everyone take a deep breath and keep strong. Get panic and overwhelmed for something that its not possible to control, only affects us in a negative way. Lets hope the best.

Best regards.

Edited by M@rita

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

Yeah I really don't expect this to last more than a few days - computer systems crash all time, and this one is neither different nor invulnerable. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it is just the media getting wind of the "worldwide system crash" from a week ago, which has since been fixed. I don't dispute the validity of the article, but the fact that every single one is the same most likely means its not a big enough of an issue to investigate further.

Edited by Sweetmelissa

Yeah I really don't expect this to last more than a few days - computer systems crash all time, and this one is neither different nor invulnerable. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it is just the media getting wind of the "worldwide system crash" from a week ago, which has since been fixed. I don't dispute the validity of the article, but the fact that every single one is the same most likely means its not a big enough of an issue to investigate further.

The I-130 was taking an average of 13 months to approve in 2013 and the media didn't deem that a big enough issue to investigate, either. Doesn't mean it's right. With this crash it means more delays, and just another backlog in this seemingly never-ending nightmare.

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

The I-130 was taking an average of 13 months to approve in 2013 and the media didn't deem that a big enough issue to investigate, either. Doesn't mean it's right. With this crash it means more delays, and just another backlog in this seemingly never-ending nightmare.

Well I would assume the general public is most likely disinterested in marriage visas, with the exception of those who are impacted directly. Doesn't mean its right, its just the reality of the situation.

The outage affects all types- student, work, tourist- which has potential to impact many sectors, financially and otherwise. Marriage / fiance visas make up a relatively small part of that pie.

Not saying that more delays are right and happy and deserved, because yes it will cause delays and they are annoying. It delayed my visa being issued too, by almost a week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

A friend of mine just applied for her passport yesterday. Upon hearing the news today, she called the DOS to try and get information and she said the woman was pretty much rude to her and she asked her why she was being very evasive about what's going on, given the news reports. The DOS woman stated that she wasn't being evasive and "looking at and currently processing passports". When my friend asked about the glitch being reported she was given what she thought was typical DOS rhetoric of "WE ARE PROCESSING EVERYTHING TODAY AND ARE UNAWARE OF THE ISSUE"

So, who knows what is going on? Someone's not telling the truth...

Our CR1 Journey

Met - 1/14/2010 // Engaged - 3/6/2011

K1 filed - 6/8/11 // Interview @ Mumbai Consulate - 1/5/2012: Denied // USCIS final decision - 3/15/2013; administratively closed and free to file again without prejudice

Married in Delhi - 1/30/2014

Sent I-130: 4/7/2014 NOA 1: 4/10/2014

NOA 2: 11/13/2014 (after 217 days)

NVC Received: 11/26/2014 (13 days from USCIS to the NVC)  // Case # & IIN # received - 12/29/2014 (via phone to NVC) Also sent email to get case transferred to New Delhi

NVC Welcome Letter received: 12/30/2014

Submit DS-261: 12/30/2014 // Paid AOS Bill: 1/2/2015  // Received IV Bill & Paid: 1/13/2015 (CEAC shows PAID 1/15/15) // DS-260 submitted: 1/17/2015

AOS & IV packages sent via FedEx: 1/19/2015  // AOS/IV packages received: 1/21/2015 @ 9:58 am (Signed for by: G. Waters) Scan date: 1/21/2015

60-Day Email from NVC: 1/24/2015 2nd 60-Day Email from NVC: 1/26/2015 (OK...I get it, it's taking 60 days.... sigh)

Reply from NVC re: Transfer to New Delhi : 2/16/2015 (Told to contact New Delhi...49 days wasted for no help at all!)

CASE COMPLETE!!: 3/12/2015 (50 days) // Case Complete Email Received: 3/19/2015 (7 days from CC date)

Interview Date Received via phone inquiry to NVC: 3/24/2015 // Packet 4 (Interview letter/Instructions) received: 3/25/2015

Medical Completed: 3/30/2015 // CEAC status: In transit to Mumbai and shows READY as of 4/1/2015

Biometrics Completed: 5/4/2015 // Received call from Embassy 5/11/2015 asking if we want to transfer to Delhi.....huh? One week prior to interview? Ummm.... no thanks!

INTERVIEW!! 5/18/2015 @ 7:30 am ~ Mumbai Consulate  RESULT: APPROVED!!!

Visa in hand: 05/20/2015 (Yay!) ELIS Fee ($165) paid this day as well

POE: 05/29/2015 Newark 

SSN card received: 6/8/2015 (processed on 6/2/2015) // ELIS shows "Optimized" since 5/30/2015  // ELIS changed to "In Process" 07/14/2015. (E-file received 06/25/15)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! 7/30/2015

ROC

Sent:  3/22/2017 | $680 Check cashed: 4/3/2017

NOA1: 3/30/2017 (Rcvd 4/3/2017)

Biometrics Appt letter received: 4/22/2017 - Biometrics date:  5/3/2017 - Done. Hubby said they were super friendly in the Pittsburgh field office! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.