Found Frolicking

Not Good news "Glitch crashes global US passport, Visa operations"

222 posts in this topic

Its great to hear that things are moving along for everyone! What is the timeline for most people our status was updated to Administrative Processing on the 29th. I saw some posts that they are roughly a week behind but it seems things are moving faster for some. I assume the next step is issued and then we can get the passport and celebrate! Thanks in advance for responding reading the VJ blog is keeping us sane

Praying for everyone

Off Topic, but hi neighbor! I'm not far from Minnetonka! :-)

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Im in AP (Administrative Processing) now, so hopping for issue soon? I am assuming AP is administrative processing

I believe you should have it issued soon. I cannot say when, as it will depend on how far behind the Moscow embassy is and what they're prioritizing but yes you should be close to the issued stage. Good luck, hope that helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They say this 'glitch' happened on July 20, but since my fiance was approved for visa on April 1st, he has been in AP since April 8th, when he was told to return to pick up his passport. As of today, it is now 3 months since he's been in AP which is long before this 'glitch'. Only God knows how much longer we have to wait for them to fix the problem. Still praying.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know what exactly is causing this glitch? Is it the physical software that, like a printer error, just won't print the document? Or is it something much more complex? They seem to want to give us indirect answers about what is going on.

I've read as much as I can find about it, and I can tell what I've learned so far. The visa system has a MAIN system, and a backup system. The problem is due to a software upgrade. Instead of simply upgrading 1 system, and testing it, the morons in charge updated them BOTH at the same time. And, they have no way back. So, at this point, they're working with Microsoft, and Oracle to try to fix the problem. So, you're asking who these geniuses are? Why, CGI Federal. You know them as the idiots who botched the rollout of the national Obamacare website. They have won all sorts of government contracts to provide systems, and software, and they are NOTORIOUS for doing stupid things, and delivering bad software, and worse system performance.

How they keep winning contracts is above me.

I've read as much as I can find about it, and I can tell what I've learned so far. The visa system has a MAIN system, and a backup system. The problem is due to a software upgrade. Instead of simply upgrading 1 system, and testing it, the morons in charge updated them BOTH at the same time. And, they have no way back. So, at this point, they're working with Microsoft, and Oracle to try to fix the problem. So, you're asking who these geniuses are? Why, CGI Federal. You know them as the idiots who botched the rollout of the national Obamacare website. They have won all sorts of government contracts to provide systems, and software, and they are NOTORIOUS for doing stupid things, and delivering bad software, and worse system performance.

How they keep winning contracts is above me.

Lovely. Glad to know my wedding is on the verge of being canceled because some morons with an IQ of 12 were hired to take care of the system. :rolleyes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lovely. Glad to know my wedding is on the verge of being canceled because some morons with an IQ of 12 were hired to take care of the system. :rolleyes:

Sad but true. Likely, CGI Federal has outsourced the IT support for their system to the lowest bidder, from some 3rd world country, who only follows a script with no knowledge of what to do if something fails, or even what the changes they're making DO.

Just seen my visa is with courier. 8 working days after interview, and within the time they said. Immigrant visa processing hasn't slowed much it seems.

Should be flying to LA on Thursday!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just had my status changed to Issues. Interview was July 21st. However the case went Administrative Processing On August 1st. How long do most people wait for the passport after its been Issued?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

14 July: Medical

17 July: Interview (denied bc of missing medical records)

29 July: Case Created (the doctor's office screwed up sending the medical report, it arrived at consulate only on 28 July)

Status: AP (my case was apparently never in "Ready" status)

1 August: Case updated (no change in status)

4 August: Status changed to "Issued" - moved flight to USA from 5 August to 15 August

Hope that short timeline helps anyone who is waiting for their visas. May they come soon. Good luck!

I-129F Sent: 2014-03-31

I-129F NOA1: 2014-04-07

I-129F NOA2: 2014-04-28

NVC Left: 2014-05-13

Consulate Received: 2014-05-19

Packet 3 Received: 2014-05-21

Packet 3 Sent: 2014-06-16

Packet 4 Received: 2014-06-24

Medical: 2014-07-14

Interview Date: 2014-07-17

Visa issued: 2014-08-04

Visa received: 2014-08-06

US Entry: 2014-08-08

Wedding: 2014-10-24

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.