3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
28 minutes ago, maiabarton04 said:

Hello. Is there still a chance to change categories from F2B to F1 if you already started processing documents for NVC? Or even if you are already documentarily qualified? I think for my timeline, given I will be able to submit all my docs by 1st week October, DQ probably by December. And my petitioner's US citizenship processing starts in 5 months now. If you have any insights, I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks

Sorry my bad...u mean F1 for Unmarried children of US Citizens....Even if you change category from F2B to F1....F1 still I think is only open for children below 21 years of age After immigration ban...correct me if I am wrong please 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Waiting_ever said:

Sorry my bad...u mean F1 for Unmarried children of US Citizens....Even if you change category from F2B to F1....F1 still I think is only open for children below 21 years of age After immigration ban...correct me if I am wrong please 

F1 is just for unmarried children of U. S. citizens over 21. F2A is for unmarried children under 21 of permanent residents. Children under 21 of U.S. Citizens are immediate relatives and they are not under these F categories. 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Waiting_ever said:

Didn’t get you, do you mean you want f1 - student visa? That’s a non immigrant visa...

F1 is Unmarried sons and daughters of US Citizens. FYI

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mom and Son said:

F1 is just for unmarried children of U. S. citizens over 21. F2A is for unmarried children under 21 of permanent residents. Children under 21 of U.S. Citizens are immediate relatives and they are not under these F categories. 

Good to know...is this category under immigration ban ? Thanks 

1 minute ago, maiabarton04 said:

F1 is Unmarried sons and daughters of US Citizens. FYI

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mom and Son said:

Yes. I know this already. Do you get what my question is?

Timeline
43 minutes ago, maiabarton04 said:

Hello. Is there still a chance to change categories from F2B to F1 if you already started processing documents for NVC? Or even if you are already documentarily qualified? I think for my timeline, given I will be able to submit all my docs by 1st week October, DQ probably by December. And my petitioner's US citizenship processing starts in 5 months now. If you have any insights, I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks

Once your petitioner gets the certificate of Naturalization, you must let NVC knows about this in order to update your category. If you go to the interview with the wrong category is probably you will be return until the category is update. 
When l sent the request, NVC took only one week to change it.

Timeline
Just now, Mom and Son said:

Once your petitioner gets the certificate of Naturalization, you must let NVC knows about this in order to update your category. If you go to the interview with the wrong category is probably you will be return until the category is update. 
When l sent the request, NVC took only one week to change it.

Thanks so much for your response. Regardless if I have already submitted all the required docs and got DQ, it's still okay to change categories?

Timeline
50 minutes ago, maiabarton04 said:

After your petitioner becomes US Citizen, you are automatically moved to F1 category but there is a way to stop this conversion...I don’t think they will let you change category before grant  of citizenship

9 minutes ago, Waiting_ever said:

After your petitioner becomes US Citizen, you are automatically moved to F1 category but there is a way to stop this conversion...I don’t think they will let you change category before grant  of citizenship

Yes.. they can automatically change the category only after naturalization. I applied in F2B, mom naturalized, NVC sent me a mail that they received the docs of naturalization but they are keeping my case at F2B as it will expedite the process.

7 years and counting. But apparently it will expedite the process.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, maiabarton04 said:

Thanks so much for your response. Regardless if I have already submitted all the required docs and got DQ, it's still okay to change categories?

Yes. It is still ok. You just have to inform to NVC and they will change your category. If at that point your PD is current under F1, then, NVC will send your case to your embassy for an interview. Of course it happens under normal circumstances without COVID-19 and a PP ban. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Waiting_ever said:

Yes. It is. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ankit G said:

Yes.. they can automatically change the category only after naturalization. I applied in F2B, mom naturalized, NVC sent me a mail that they received the docs of naturalization but they are keeping my case at F2B as it will expedite the process.

7 years and counting. But apparently it will expedite the process.

Did they change your category from F1 to F2B without your request? I am asking because my son received the same message from NVC, however my his category was still under F11. So, he requested to opt out of F1 and two weeks later they changed his category. Now he is under F2B  again. 

7 minutes ago, Mom and Son said:

Did they change your category from F1 to F2B without your request? I am asking because my son received the same message from NVC, however my his category was still under F11. So, he requested to opt out of F1 and two weeks later they changed his category. Now he is under F2B  again. 

Yes. 

I received two emailsbefor DQ.

In the first email NVC said that they will hold my case until I confirm the category F11 or F2B, in which I wish to proceed my case. Something like this.

The very next day, NVC said don't worry good samaritan. Here's your DQ. Since you have waited for so long we will help expediting your visa process. Hence it's good to keep the case in F2B category so that you can reunite with your family soon. Something like this. Just formalize the tenor.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Mom and Son said:

Hi guys! Any news on when immigration ban will be uplifted??? :(

heard they want merit based system, if something like that happens...what happens to approved / DQ cases???

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mom and Son said:

Yes. It is still ok. You just have to inform to NVC and they will change your category. If at that point your PD is current under F1, then, NVC will send your case to your embassy for an interview. Of course it happens under normal circumstances without COVID-19 and a PP ban. 

Thank you! Noted on this :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.