3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

My mother is Green Card Holder and I am on H1b Work Visa.My mother applied I-130 in F2B category for me. I am unmarried and 29 years old. I am a citizen of India.

I-130 Filing Date - September 26,2019

My USCIS NOA1 receipt number starting with "IOE"

Questions:

1) I want to know how much approximate time it will take to get I-130 approval for F2B category ?

2) I sent paper I130 application to Chicago USCIS lockbox, why I got the receipt number starting with "IOE" ?

3) "IOE" is which USCIS center code ? 

Thanks in advance.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
On 2/27/2020 at 9:48 PM, Sky05 said:

My father is GC holder and I am on H1B. My I-130 Priority date is Jan 2014. I filled for AOS when my priority date became current in chart 2 i.e date of filling chart.

Keep track of Date of filling chart for F2B category and once it becomes current you can apply for AOS even though your I-130 is not approved. Once you apply for AOS they will work on your I-130 and most likely will not make decision on your I-130 but rather would call you for an interview when the time comes for AOS and give you the Final decision on the case. Good luck Buddy. F2B Date of filling is running fast. 

Wish every one speedy process and Best Luck.

Sky

Can you provide me your email address/contact number ? I have couple of questions for F2B category.

TIA

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Daniel368 said:

Good news Guys US 9th Circut Judge Just Block the New Green card Immigration Ban. here is https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-refuses-to-block-trumps-coronavirus-green-card-freeze.amp

I think it is the opposite. It says “judge refuses to block...” 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Daniel368 said:

Its not opposite Man Judge Refuse mean Judge Refuse to block mean Not able to Implement this order refuse to block. go and Google translate this wording.

Refuse to block means let it be implemented. Therefore that means the ban is in effect. Read the whole article. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Even if there is no ban on immigration, nothing will happen in the next 60 days as all offices and embasies are closed. So, in a way this ban has no meaning but to gain political headlines. 

Now if it stretches to longer, then there is a problem. Unfortunately, the news that is coming out is not so positive with H1B and OPT to be the next target. This is all being done to reduce impact on US unemployment. And US unemployment is not going away as worst recession than Great Depression of 1930s is predicted this time. Lets just hope things get better.  

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
42 minutes ago, zaback21 said:

Even if there is no ban on immigration, nothing will happen in the next 60 days as all offices and embasies are closed. So, in a way this ban has no meaning but to gain political headlines. 

Now if it stretches to longer, then there is a problem. Unfortunately, the news that is coming out is not so positive with H1B and OPT to be the next target. This is all being done to reduce impact on US unemployment. And US unemployment is not going away as worst recession than Great Depression of 1930s is predicted this time. Lets just hope things get better.  

It’s ok guys, following November elections closely...Trump is going.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Guys when F2B oct 2015 Start Their Processing as long as May Visa Bulletin 22 Sep 2015 and june will be NOV 2015. We already have Case Number and Invoice Id,s, so when to expect?

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/3/2020 at 6:45 PM, Daniel368 said:

Pakistan and PD oct 6 2015

Hi, just curious. Are you in Pakistan and then you received you welcome letter even if your PD is not until 06OCT2015? How? Visa Bulletin is only at 2010 and 2011

Edited by Yowskie

Hello all. Just had a quick question about change of service center. I'm a LPR and applied for my wife who is outside the country, F2A.

My original service center was California, our priority date was a month away and our case got moved to Nebraska service center. Nebraska is running 2 whole years behind compared to California. Their priority date at this time is March 10, 2018. Does that mean I am all the way back in line and will have to wait another 2 years until my case reaches priority date. Which in my case is July 30, 2019.

Thank you for taking your time.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! My F2B PD is March 14, 2011, so I'm anxiously checking the Visa Bulletin every month. With Manila still on lock down, I'm wondering if anyone knows when I would expect a welcome letter when my PD becomes current. I can imagine a backlog of medical exams and visa interviews, so I'm expecting to wait a while for that letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.