3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I was on the CEAC website earlier today to make payment for the AOS fee and the IV Application Fee. So for the AOS fee, the first time I pressed the submit button to make a payment, there was an error message that said that there was something wrong with the information provided and to try again later. I reviewed the information and everything was correct, so I pressed the submit button again and this time I got a confirmation that the payment was submitted. Next when I paid the IV Application fee, I got the same error message. I reviewed the information and pressed the submit button and got the same error message again. Then when I looked at the home page, I saw that the payment status for the IV Application Process Fee was "in progress", so I thought maybe the payment was submitted. Now I am looking at the home page and it says that the IV Application Process Fee still needs to be paid. Anybody else having issues making payments on the CEAC website? I'll try again tomorrow and hopefully there are no further issues with making payments.

CEAC.jpg

On 7/7/2020 at 10:20 PM, Nicole06 said:

Hello! Does President Trump’s immigration ban also affects the interview and the process? I dont understand the immigration ban. If the embassy’s open, will they still schedule interview for those who are included in the ban? Does the ban mean that interviews will still be conducted BUT the immigrant can only enter the US after the president lifts up the ban on december 31,2020? Please explain thank you

Quite a pertinent question. I am too seeking an answer to this.

Can any good samaritan enlighten us?

Hate to say this but..... Pretty please.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ankit G said:

Quite a pertinent question. I am too seeking an answer to this.

Can any good samaritan enlighten us?

Hate to say this but..... Pretty please.

As far as l know, embassies are going to schedule interviews only for spouses,  children under 21 of U.S. Citizens and those who are not included in the ban. They are NOT going to schedule interviews for those categories including in the immigration ban. 

On 7/11/2020 at 11:06 PM, Mom and Son said:

As far as l know, embassies are going to schedule interviews only for spouses,  children under 21 of U.S. Citizens and those who are not included in the ban. They are NOT going to schedule interviews for those categories including in the immigration ban. 

Okay. Thanks for sharing.

Also, I have read many news articles related to Trump administration visa ban/suspension. They all are mentioning bans related to H1-B, L1, F1 (student visa) and related visa categories for their dependents (like H4).

The articles doesn't talk about family visa ban/suspension. So I want to believe that there is no stopping for dispersed families to reunite. 

May it be spooky Halloween or tranquil Christmas, hope we are with our families.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ankit G said:

Okay. Thanks for sharing.

Also, I have read many news articles related to Trump administration visa ban/suspension. They all are mentioning bans related to H1-B, L1, F1 (student visa) and related visa categories for their dependents (like H4).

The articles doesn't talk about family visa ban/suspension. So I want to believe that there is no stopping for dispersed families to reunite. 

May it be spooky Halloween or tranquil Christmas, hope we are with our families.

This is an addition to their original proclamation. I suggest you read the complete proclamation order from the Whitehouse.gov

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspending-entry-aliens-present-risk-u-s-labor-market-following-coronavirus-outbreak/

Filed: Timeline

Yes it sounds like this affects mainly non-immigrant visas.

The news appears to be benefiting those applying for immigrant visas however.

The processing line for family based visas like F2B is moving along quite nicely as of late, jumping ahead 2 mos for every new visa bulletin. 

Edited by healthteacher
spell check

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Friends,

My GC parents from India filed F2B for my sister who is here in USA on F1 (student visa) with PD April 2017 and her I-130 is with CSC

I have few questions that would really help to plan future of my sister in this difficult time since CSC for i-130 is pending and showing very long time -

1. If her PD becomes current in visa bulletin does she still needs to wait for i-130 to get approved in order to file for i-485 (AOS)?

2. How log on and average does AOS takes for F2B who are in USA with I-130 still pending?

3. Can she file EAD along AOS and how long that will take?

Much appreciate for your help in advance.

8 hours ago, ShinningStar said:

Hello Friends,

My GC parents from India filed F2B for my sister who is here in USA on F1 (student visa) with PD April 2017 and her I-130 is with CSC

I have few questions that would really help to plan future of my sister in this difficult time since CSC for i-130 is pending and showing very long time -

1. If her PD becomes current in visa bulletin does she still needs to wait for i-130 to get approved in order to file for i-485 (AOS)?

2. How log on and average does AOS takes for F2B who are in USA with I-130 still pending?

I am inside US in this same category and have applied to adjust status. 

1. No, if inside US, you can file I485 based on pending i130 if date of filing chart allows it. 

2. It depends on local field office, but I filed in October 2019 and my interview is next month.

3. Yes, usually takes around 3-4 months if there is no RFE for I485. If there is RFE for I485 then they stop processing EAD until they receive response so it can take total ~6-8 months if you get RFE for I485. My EAD took 8 months to get approved because I had RFE for I485. 

Edited by jcracked52

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Friends,

9 hours ago, jcracked52 said:

I am inside US in this same category and have applied to adjust status. 

1. No, if inside US, you can file I485 based on pending i130 if date of filing chart allows it. 

2. It depends on local field office, but I filed in October 2019 and my interview is next month.

3. Yes, usually takes around 3-4 months if there is no RFE for I485. If there is RFE for I485 then they stop processing EAD until they receive response so it can take total ~6-8 months if you get RFE for I485. My EAD took 8 months to get approved because I had RFE for I485. 

Thank you so much friend for clarifying.🙏 Hope we have this process get speed up. 🤞

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
19 hours ago, Daniel368 said:

Hello Guys I Received DQ email from NVC 3 Days ago I submit my documents 26May 2020 PD 6oct2015.

That's great. When was your petition approved? 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone! I want to ask some questions please! My i-130 is still case was received and i’m waiting for it to get approved. I filed on February 23 2016 and in the visa bulletin is on March 15 2016 already. If you know anything about this please let me know, thank you so much !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.