3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everybody! I'm Romina from Argentina.
Nice to see a thread that´s specifically for F2B!
My PD is 04/04/2017 (it seems like it will be current in about 2 years, since according to the bulletin its in March 2015)
My mother petioned for me, who is a green card holder.
I currently live with my boyfriend (not married of course and not planning to do so since my petition will be cancelled), my question is, the day of the interview: Do I tell them I have a boyfriend and plan in the future to get married and bring him with me? I don´t want to lie... I hope that doesn´t affect me. Did anyone go through that?

F2B Category Journey👣
Priority Date ---- 4/4/2017
I-130 NOA1: 4/9/2017
Service Center: California Service Center
NOA2 approved: 11/4/2019
NVC log-in info recieved: 12/18/19

Timeline
On 4/22/2020 at 7:11 AM, Kokomaster said:

Looks like this category will be basically obsolete if anything am reading is correct. The EO will exempt family based visas for us citizens only.

What??? is this true?  Any evidence that its been approved?

F2B Category Journey👣

Timeline
On 3/15/2020 at 8:00 PM, iamvronitm said:

Hi! Good Day,

i would just like to Ask, Regarding Your Experiences about F2B US Visa.

My Dad Petitioned me,

Priority Date: 21 FEB 2011

F2B

PHILIPPINES

Case Number: MNL2014

Thank You. ❤️

Hi! According to the bulletin, the filing in the Phillipines its on SEPT 2010 , so you´re almost there! 🙌
 https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2020/visa-bulletin-for-june-2020.html 

Have you logged on to your CEAC account? They will send a message through there when your times comes. 
Let us know how your process goes, please! I want to know... even though I still have to wait 2 more years 🤥

Good luck!

F2B Category Journey👣

Timeline
On 2/19/2020 at 5:21 AM, Daniel368 said:

My priority date is 5 oct 2015 but still waiting for Approval from USCIS california SC. Hope it will be approved by oct 2020

Where are you from? Your PD is oct 5 2015 and you still dont have de approved letter from ISCIS? It's weird, cause my PD is April 4 2017 and I already have my approval from the USCIS with the case and invoice # to log into the CEAC website.

F2B Category Journey👣

Timeline
On 2/5/2020 at 10:14 AM, xavier2014 said:

Fastest Approved Case in 4 year 2 month for CA

For Vermont its over  6 year 2 month

As far as I know nobody from 2016 got NOA2 yet let alone 2017

Cali.png

HI, actually it did for me... My PD is APRIL 2017 and I already got my NOA2  back in November 2019. the filing center is CALIFORNIA. So it took like 2 years and a half  for me.

F2B Category Journey👣

Hello! We’re on f2b visa, from the Philippines. We already completed all documents and fees. It is stated on the CEAC that all fees are paid and all documents are accepted but we received this message ( See attached file ). I would also like to know when are we gonna get the interview appointment and if this message affect the appointment of interview. We will submit a joint sponsor, but I would like to know if we would wait more longer if we submitted another sponsor? I really want to know how and when are we gonna receive a letter regarding the interview appointment. Thank you! 

p.s the case is still at NVC :)

28E8D252-FBFF-47CF-A4F3-351BBFAA4BDA.jpeg

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, rominavairoletti said:

Hi! According to the bulletin, the filing in the Phillipines its on SEPT 2010 , so you´re almost there! 🙌
 https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2020/visa-bulletin-for-june-2020.html 

Have you logged on to your CEAC account? They will send a message through there when your times comes. 
Let us know how your process goes, please! I want to know... even though I still have to wait 2 more years 🤥

Good luck!

How would you log into the CEAC account if the last document received was NOA2? You need the immigrant visa case number to log in. Does the NOA2 include this information now?

Timeline
4 hours ago, SanMarcosF2B said:

How would you log into the CEAC account if the last document received was NOA2? You need the immigrant visa case number to log in. Does the NOA2 include this information now?

The NOA2 is the approval of the ISCIS and it tells you your case has been sent to the NVC. About a month after the approval, the NVC e-mailed me the log in info, actually. So they send it to you later on. 
The subject of the email they sent was: "Notice of Inmigration visa case creation"

Edited by rominavairoletti

F2B Category Journey👣

Timeline
Just now, rominavairoletti said:

The NOA2 is the approval of the ISCIS and it tells you your case has been sent to the NVC. About a month after the approval, the NVC e-mailed me the log in info, actually. So they send it to you later on. 
The subject of the email they sent was: "Notice of Inmigration visa case creation"

was that the welcome letter? Im not familiar with this terms yet, I thought the log in info was part of NOA2 😅 

F2B Category Journey👣

Timeline
1 hour ago, rominavairoletti said:

was that the welcome letter? Im not familiar with this terms yet, I thought the log in info was part of NOA2 😅 

I think I understand now. No, the NOA2 is not the welcome letter from the NVC. Its just a document that tells you that your petition has been approved. For the Philippines, the wait between the NOA2 and the NVC letter is a bit longer than most countries. But good to know that the info for logging into the CEAC website is in the NVC letter. I'll keep an eye out for it once my priority date becomes current.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
10 minutes ago, SanMarcosF2B said:

I think I understand now. No, the NOA2 is not the welcome letter from the NVC. Its just a document that tells you that your petition has been approved. For the Philippines, the wait between the NOA2 and the NVC letter is a bit longer than most countries. But good to know that the info for logging into the CEAC website is in the NVC letter. I'll keep an eye out for it once my priority date becomes current.

You can even call NVC and request this information once case number has been assigned at NVC before you receive the letter.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Timeline
15 hours ago, onek said:

You can even call NVC and request this information once case number has been assigned at NVC before you receive the letter.

That's a good idea. It might be hard to get through since the NVC is working with limited staff right now, but I might try to call anyways if that NVC letter doesn't arrive. Thanks for the info.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
1 hour ago, SanMarcosF2B said:

That's a good idea. It might be hard to get through since the NVC is working with limited staff right now, but I might try to call anyways if that NVC letter doesn't arrive. Thanks for the info.

Best time to call is Wednesday as soon as they open in my opinion.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am wondering if anybody here has recently (2020) opted-out F1 to F2B when the petitioner naturalizes. I am confused because there is conflicting advise on the USCIS and the State Department websites: 

Uscis says:

"lf you want to opt out of the automatic conversion, you must submit a written request to the USCIS office that approved your Form I-130."

State Department says:

"Applicants whose case is at NVC should submit requests using NVC's online inquiry form. NVC will forward the request to USCIS and change the visa category back to F2B upon receipt of USCIS's approval."

I would like to know how long this process takes.

TIA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.