AKukreti

Fiance's new friend

124 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is Dunkin Donuts a code word I am unfamiliar with?

Might be considered fine dining, or some sort of weird status thing over there. Anyone's guess.

As far as the OP's issue, there's just so much wrong here I hardly know where to start.

First of all the OP sounds depressed herself. Having not a single friend, apparently, found someone else to be lonely with and expected it to be that way forever. This is never a good look. You can't ever rely on anyone else for your happiness. Another person doesn't "make" you happy, they add to and complement your life. Below is a photo representation of how this current situation will likely work out:

Train-Wreck-620x310.jpg

I would put the brakes on this whole K-1 thing and figure yourself out first. You need to do that before you have any hope of a successful relationship, especially a long distance one, which requires some true grit to be really successful.

Secondly you need to stop being emotionally blackmailed. If he offs himself, it's not your fault. As a man-boy of 21, he's responsible for his own decisions. His parents can be responsible as well, for adding their own stress to his situation. But, maybe the parents are in the right place. For instance, has he dropped out of school and doesn't work so that he can hang out on Skype or whatever vehicle you use all the time? I can see the parents thinking that's not a good look, and have asked some family friends if a nice single local woman would start taking him out to get him reinvested in his education. I can't fathom any other reason an assumed successful doctor would waste time on Loser McDropoutpants.

If I recall correctly, sending human remains through the post is illegal, so they'll probably never clear customs, so I wouldn't even worry about that. And if they do, well, practically speaking there's a subset of people who will pay top dollar for a real human skull for their mantle piece, and you can even pick up a hobby and learn to fashion cool bone knives. Of course, I can't imagine a family doing that rather than burying them themselves, but stranger things have happened.

Real talk though, I wouldn't even continue to bother with this nonsense and would seriously consider withdrawing the K-1 application were I you.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

No I am white. He is indian.

Then, I would say. He is cheating you.

Conference in India at 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM??? Really?

Don’t fall for his drama. He is using you for G card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

No I am white. He is indian.

Really conference from 8:30 to 9:30 PM?

Don’t fall for his drama. He is using your for G card.

Y he is not working? If he doesn't work, how does he live? Y did he drop of from school? Have you ever met him? and his family? Do you think everything is legitimate ?

do you think he is telling you the truth?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

OP...what do you know of his culture and family? In most culture an older lady with a child is a NO NO and the fact that he is ONLY 21 makes it even worst. This is a NO No even if you were from the same country and that is yet another problem for the two of you. It's romantic to go against all ODDs and finally to be together and say..we did it but look at who is involved. A single mother and a boy ( yes, his a boy) who is currently being taking care of by mommy and daddy. From what you have said so far, this boy is no different than your 4 year old son. He is still in need of parenting just like your son and can not leave them. The parents know their son and are doing what they thing is best for HIM....you should try to do the same for YOUR SON if not for you.

I know it's hard when the heart is involved but Mothers have done worst for the sake of their children. Make the decision based on what is good for your kid. How is he know with your kid, have he met him, does he like him, can he be there for him if you're not. Can he be a FATHER to him? by the way, you are NEVER alone!!!! Good luck.

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

The parents want him to be with a nice Indian girl and will stop at nothing to make that happen. Let me guess, he still lives with mom and dad? Yeah, even if thinks worked out he'd probably get to your house and expect you to cook and do his laundry. You deserve better.

USCIS (Priority date April 1, Approval April 17, no RFEs)

March 28, 2014: I-130 sent via FedEx from Bogotá to Chicago Lockbox

April 1, 2014: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 10:29 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by J. CHYBA (date confirmed by My Case Status)

April 4, 2014: NOA1 e-mail received at 12:17 a.m.; case accepted and routed to CSC for processing. Check cashed.

April 17, 2014: Changed mailing address with USCIS Tier 2 representative. He also confirmed that our case had arrived to the CSC and that our NOA1 date is April 3.

April 18, 2014: NOA2 e-mail received at 12:30 a.m. Case status online changed to post-decision activity; date of "last updated" changed to April 17. Change of address e-mail received at 3 a.m. Status changed back to initial review on e-mail and online. Date of "last updated" now April 18. Called and spoke to two Tier 2 reps; both were useless.

April 21, 2014: Approval confirmed verbally by Tier 2 rep. Order put in to send second NOA2 hard copy to new address. Instructed to ignore online case status.

April 25 or 26, 2014: NOA1 hard copy arrives to old apartment in Bogotá. Priority date actually April 1. (April 3 was the notice date.)

May 16: USCIS change of address e-mail received

May 19: USCIS e-mail received saying a duplicate notice was mailed on this date. Case status now set to "Acceptance."

May 22: NOA2 duplicate hard copy arrives to U.S. address

NVC

April 29, 2014: Case received

​May 22, 2014: Case number and IIN assigned. Asked operator about our move from Colombia to Argentina and received instructions.

May 24, 2014: E-mails about embassy change/address change sent to nvcinquiry@state.gov at 4:36 p.m. NVC time

​June 3, 2014: Payment portal message "This case is in the process of termination" appears. DS-261 appears, submitted. E-mails received from NVC concerning case number and AOS bill.

June 4, 2014: AOS payment invoiced, paid; DS-261 received by NVC

June 6, 2014: AOS payment shows as PAID in payment portal

June 17, 2014: Response received from nvcinquiry@state.gov. "The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed."

June 24, 2014: AOS package sent via FedEx overnight shipping from Houston to NVC

June 25, 2014: AOS package delivered at 9:43 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by F.FNU

July 1, 2014: AOS package scanned

July 18, 2014: Checked payment portal and saw: "CASE NUMBER CHANGE: The applicant's case number, [bGT#], has been changed to [bNS#]." Called and confirmed. Also said today marked 30 business days since NVC received DS-261; operator said she would have that reviewed and make IV payment available ASAP.

August 5: E-mail sent to nvcinquiry@state.gov concerning changing our embassy BACK to Bogotá at 6:41 p.m. NVC time

August 6: IV invoice e-mail FINALLY received at 2:13 a.m. NVC time

August 7: IV payment made available on payment portal; paid

August 8: IV payment shows as PAID in payment portal; DS-260 becomes available

August 14: Checklist received; errors on sponsor's I-864 form and on joint sponsor's I-864A

August 15: DS-260 submitted

August 29: Checklist response and IV package sent via FedEx ground from Houston to NVC

September 4: Checklist response and IV package delivered at 11:21 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by GPETERS

September 8: Checklist response and IV package scanned

September 10: DS-260 accepted; false checklist received

September 17: E-mail response received from asknvc@state.gov (30 business days/43 calendar days later): Correspondence under review

September 26: Embassy change approved; new case number assigned

October 30: CASE COMPLETE

Embassy

Interview scheduled: Nov. 10 -- Medical: Nov. 25 -- Interview: Dec. 1, 9:30 a.m. APPROVED! -- Visa in hand: Dec. 5 -- POE: Dec. 29 in Houston

Agreed with the rest. I'm also inclined to think he's being arranged in a marriage, if what he's saying is true. But it's so hard to believe that a girl who is accomplished in life (a doctor in his story) would want anything to do with a drop-out like him. Who knows, maybe he's just making up stories and making you jealous? What a joke.

As a woman with a child, be strong and never ever depend your future (and your child's) on somebody unstable and can't think for himself. Dropping out from school is childish and a sure key to failure. Does he think he's gonna have his dad and mom and then you to ask money from for the rest of his life? Have you thought or talked with him about how life is gonna be like once he's here?

You deserve somebody better. Don't count on him being a man and a father in a snap when he arrives.

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with you. He wouldn't like it. He admitted it. But he said he is depressed cause he has nothing to do. He quit school and says he can't work there. But how is this my problem? Why do I have to suffer this pain? He asks me what should he do?

First of all, if he isn't going to school, why is it necessary he attend these conferences? Conferences are designed for those who wish learning.

Secondly, if he is lonely, too bad for him. You should be the only woman in his life and on his mind. If he is depressed because he yearns for companionship, it's not too difficult to begin a Skype call with you and have a nice virtual date. He needs to get his priorities in order, because as of now, you aren't one of them. If he can't maintain a modicum of respect for you by not dating this doctor, imagine how worse it will be when you are married.

When people are engaged that is a promise to marry each other. That said, if one is engaged to be married, one should act like they are married, as one makes a promise to dedicate their life to the other. Going out with other women does not seem like dedicating their life to their future wife. Something to think about.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I ended it. I hope I can stay strong. Deleted the apps on my phone er use to message with. Deleted skype from my phone. No longer going on skype on my computer. All his emails go to my trash. And blocked his cell number. I really thought I would make this post and people would be on his side. Like I was the problem.

Good, stay strong... You and your child are better off relying on each other... Shower your child with all your love and attention, don't let a man/child divert your attention from what is important. When you meet the right man, you will just know it and it will happen naturally... Long distance relationships when there is such a gigantic cultural gap require soooo much time and effort and understanding and getting a visa is literally the easy part, the real challenges come once they arrive. Hold and hug your baby close and everything you do should have your child's best interest first and foremost, not yours... Good luck

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Good for you for having the courage to end things. He didn't deserve you!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm glad to hear you ended things. He wasn't treating you well & making you feel guilty for going the right thing. My ex used to play those head games with me. My fiancé is a breath of fresh air. You'll find someone else. Stay strong & good luck!

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

I ended it. I hope I can stay strong. Deleted the apps on my phone er use to message with. Deleted skype from my phone. No longer going on skype on my computer. All his emails go to my trash. And blocked his cell number. I really thought I would make this post and people would be on his side. Like I was the problem.

Based on what you've said here I think you made the right decision. Life is too short to spend a good chunk of it with the wrong person.

Good luck in your future!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.