AKukreti

Fiance's new friend

124 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is not your problem if he quitted from the school and can't work. Why did he quit from school? He should have known better as a man - a real man- sitting around without doing anything is extremely shameful. I am a woman and the beneficiary but I still worked when my fiance filed petition for me until my K-1 visa was approved. He should learn how to be more responsible for his life and more important be ready for your future together.

Imagine when the time he comes to the US and everything is opposite from where he is come from. I think he will be depressed more than before and he might be point his fingers and blaming you for the whole situation. Tell him, in many Asian countries, most societies put a man in position to be a provider for his family. He has started learning now how to be that man. And stop act being a childish and using " depressed "word to make you feel awful.

I agree with this. There is absolutely no reason why he cannot work right now, besides being extremely sick and unable to leave his house. Why did he quit school when he knew he can't work? He is disrespecting you and your relationship by spending so much time alone with this woman. Why did his Dad bring this woman over? Does he want his son to see someone else, not you? Does he want his son to stay in India?

You need to have an in-depth discussion with your fiance and find out what is going on. No accusations, just talking politely and in a mild tone.

Texas Service Centre

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

02/14/13: Got Married

USCIS

10/16/13: i-130 Sent

10/25/13: NOA1

03/05/14: NOA2

NVC

03/11/14: NVC Received Case

04/10/14: Case Number and IIN Assigned

04/15/14: 4:07 PM: Received email from NVC that AOS Fee was ready to be paid

04/15/14: 4:28 PM: Received email from NVC containing Case number and IIN

04/15/14: DS-261 Available and Completed

04/15/14: AOS Fee Available and Paid

04/18/14: AOS Fee Shows PAID

04/18/14: EP ENROLL Email Sent (Received AutoReply)

04/21/14: IV Fee Invoiced

04/22/14: 4:23 PM: Received email from NVC that IV Fee was ready to be paid

04/24/14: IV Fee Available and Paid

04/25/14: IV Fee Withdrawn From Bank Account

05/02/14: IV Fee still "In Process" called NVC for supervisor to fix it

05/07/14: IV Fee Shows PAID

05/07/14: DS-260 Available and Completed

05/21/14: 10:29 AM: EP ENROLL Acceptance Email Received

05/28/14: AOS Package Emailed to NVC (Received AutoReply)

xx/xx/14: IV Package Emailed to NVC

xx/xx/14: Case Complete

xx/xx/14: Interview Scheduled

xx/xx/14: Schedule Medical

xx/xx/14: NVC Shipped Case to Consulate

xx/xx/14: Medical Complete

xx/xx/14: Interview at Consulate

xx/xx/14: Visa in Hand

xx/xx/14: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It is not your problem if he quitted from the school and can't work. Why did he quit from school? He should have known better as a man - a real man- sitting around without doing anything is extremely shameful. I am a woman and the beneficiary but I still worked when my fiance filed petition for me until my K-1 visa was approved. He should learn how to be more responsible for his life and more important be ready for your future together.

Imagine when the time he comes to the US and everything is opposite from where he is come from. I think he will be depressed more than before and he might be point his fingers and blaming you for the whole situation. Tell him, in many Asian countries, most societies put a man in position to be a provider for his family. He has started learning now how to be that man. And stop act being a childish and using " depressed "word to make you feel awful.

He quit school cause he apparently didn't like it there. I know he is younger than me. I am 28 and he is 21. I know he has a lot to learn but this situation I can't deal with. He says he is suicidal. Then his mother asks what will happen when he kills himself, will they mail the bones to me. Im so hurt. And I have no one. Cause he was all I had.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Best part his mom doesn't thing there is anything for me to be upset about it.

I get the impression that his parents want him to stay in India.

Texas Service Centre

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

02/14/13: Got Married

USCIS

10/16/13: i-130 Sent

10/25/13: NOA1

03/05/14: NOA2

NVC

03/11/14: NVC Received Case

04/10/14: Case Number and IIN Assigned

04/15/14: 4:07 PM: Received email from NVC that AOS Fee was ready to be paid

04/15/14: 4:28 PM: Received email from NVC containing Case number and IIN

04/15/14: DS-261 Available and Completed

04/15/14: AOS Fee Available and Paid

04/18/14: AOS Fee Shows PAID

04/18/14: EP ENROLL Email Sent (Received AutoReply)

04/21/14: IV Fee Invoiced

04/22/14: 4:23 PM: Received email from NVC that IV Fee was ready to be paid

04/24/14: IV Fee Available and Paid

04/25/14: IV Fee Withdrawn From Bank Account

05/02/14: IV Fee still "In Process" called NVC for supervisor to fix it

05/07/14: IV Fee Shows PAID

05/07/14: DS-260 Available and Completed

05/21/14: 10:29 AM: EP ENROLL Acceptance Email Received

05/28/14: AOS Package Emailed to NVC (Received AutoReply)

xx/xx/14: IV Package Emailed to NVC

xx/xx/14: Case Complete

xx/xx/14: Interview Scheduled

xx/xx/14: Schedule Medical

xx/xx/14: NVC Shipped Case to Consulate

xx/xx/14: Medical Complete

xx/xx/14: Interview at Consulate

xx/xx/14: Visa in Hand

xx/xx/14: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I agree with this. There is absolutely no reason why he cannot work right now, besides being extremely sick and unable to leave his house. Why did he quit school when he knew he can't work? He is disrespecting you and your relationship by spending so much time alone with this woman. Why did his Dad bring this woman over? Does he want his son to see someone else, not you? Does he want his son to stay in India?

You need to have an in-depth discussion with your fiance and find out what is going on. No accusations, just talking politely and in a mild tone.

He didn't like the school. I don't know why his dad brought her over. I believe his father wants him to stay in India and his mom. When I stayed at their home when I visited India the father didn't sit down with me once to have a conversation. And the mom keeps on talking about he only listens to me, and all this crazy nonsense.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

in my honest opinion, yes. it is being arranged by his parents. I would have a long talk with him. I do not believe he is trying to use you for a gc, but you need to talk.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

He quit school cause he apparently didn't like it there. I know he is younger than me. I am 28 and he is 21. I know he has a lot to learn but this situation I can't deal with. He says he is suicidal. Then his mother asks what will happen when he kills himself, will they mail the bones to me. Im so hurt. And I have no one. Cause he was all I had.

Honestly, let me tell you this, what his family, particularly his mother, doing to you is some form of blackmail. He is being suicidal that is his family concern in India and they need to find a way to solve the problem instead sent you messages to make you feel guilty. It seems like his mother has no feeling by telling this to you. I am now suspicious that everything is all well-planned. Do they ask you send money to them?

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would not accept my fiance going to a conference with another woman. Is he studying medicine or something? What does he have to do with this conference? I would say that his parents are trying to get him attached to this woman. The fact the father wouldn't sit down with you, and the mother complains that your fiance only listens to you and guilt tripping you about his depression suggests they aren't happy with the match he has made with you and are trying to undermine it in whatever way possible. Sorry to say, but your fiance doesn't sound like he has much of a backbone if he is using the excuse that he is bored, etc, to go with this woman.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Warning ... Parents have introduced this woman into his life as a possible way to undermine your relationship. There are many many cultural and parental,issues that you (and he) have to figure out....

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Maybe it is arrange marriage. Correct me if i am wrong, but i think it is the girl who gives dowry to guy in their culture.

So unless you can provide for all of his needs and more.. Then the relationship is doomed if the parents are fixing him to another girl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.