AKukreti

Fiance's new friend

124 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

His parents don't want him to leave, they are trying to get him to date this other woman. He may love you but he doesn't want to leave or he is not mature enough to think for himself. He is letting his parents dictate his life.

Texas Service Centre

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

02/14/13: Got Married

USCIS

10/16/13: i-130 Sent

10/25/13: NOA1

03/05/14: NOA2

NVC

03/11/14: NVC Received Case

04/10/14: Case Number and IIN Assigned

04/15/14: 4:07 PM: Received email from NVC that AOS Fee was ready to be paid

04/15/14: 4:28 PM: Received email from NVC containing Case number and IIN

04/15/14: DS-261 Available and Completed

04/15/14: AOS Fee Available and Paid

04/18/14: AOS Fee Shows PAID

04/18/14: EP ENROLL Email Sent (Received AutoReply)

04/21/14: IV Fee Invoiced

04/22/14: 4:23 PM: Received email from NVC that IV Fee was ready to be paid

04/24/14: IV Fee Available and Paid

04/25/14: IV Fee Withdrawn From Bank Account

05/02/14: IV Fee still "In Process" called NVC for supervisor to fix it

05/07/14: IV Fee Shows PAID

05/07/14: DS-260 Available and Completed

05/21/14: 10:29 AM: EP ENROLL Acceptance Email Received

05/28/14: AOS Package Emailed to NVC (Received AutoReply)

xx/xx/14: IV Package Emailed to NVC

xx/xx/14: Case Complete

xx/xx/14: Interview Scheduled

xx/xx/14: Schedule Medical

xx/xx/14: NVC Shipped Case to Consulate

xx/xx/14: Medical Complete

xx/xx/14: Interview at Consulate

xx/xx/14: Visa in Hand

xx/xx/14: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Saying Im being selfish...

Now says he isn't going out with her but if he dies Im responsible.

Honestly, let me tell you this, what his family, particularly his mother, doing to you is some form of blackmail. He is being suicidal that is his family concern in India and they need to find a way to solve the problem instead sent you messages to make you feel guilty. It seems like his mother has no feeling by telling this to you. I am now suspicious that everything is all well-planned. Do they ask you send money to them?

They don't ask for money.

Now saying if I really love him I would leave the US and go be with him.

This seems to me like you're being manipulated by the whole group, and it comes down to he doesn't want to, or they don't want him to come to the US. any conversation that has "if you really loved me, you'd..." is a red flag. I'm sorry you're going through this. :(

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

He is immature and not capable of thinking for himself, apparently. There are many fish in the sea. Don't sell yourself short with someone like this. I think you are now finding out. Stay strong.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I think there's a lot of pressure to go through with all of the paperwork once you pay and send in the I-129F--it looks like the ultimate commitment. In poker we call it "pot committed"--you've put so much money in the pot that you sort of have to keep paying when someone else raises the bet because you've already given so much to it, it's worth seeing how it "works out." Note: Any good poker player will tell you that betting because you're pot committed is a bad idea. It sounds to me this is a similar case: you filled out this paperwork, prepped your emotions and your day-to-day life to be with this person, and thought he was on a similar page. Just please don't feel like you can't exit this process because you've already devoted so much too it--sometimes it's better to fold, then to go through the thousands of dollars and months of work it takes to do this K1 for someone who isn't mature enough to be supportive of you (and not financially, I mean emotionally stable enough to commit to and support you.)

If he is quitting school, thinking he wants to quit life itself, and is even quitting your conversations, there's a troublesome pattern. I'm not sure he is psychologically able to follow through with as big of a commitment as you suggest. If you put aside the idea of the other women, since you simply dont know if he's being unfaithful in his intentions or not, there are still the problems of his being able to follow through.

That said, if you still want to fight for this, you need to make sure he will talk to you, particularly about seriously treating his depression. If he's having suicidal thoughts, you can do several things as his partner, but only if he is open and honest with you: he can talk to you about it, and agree to see a therapist (they have counselors in India). If he does love you and wants a life in a new place, he will want to treat his depression. That could solve a lot of problems.

2/3/14 I-129F Mailed

6/16/14 Embassy Interview--Approved!!!!

7/11/14 Marriage :)

7/25/14 AOS + Work Authorization Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

7/31/14 NOA1--Electronic Notification

8/26/14 Biometrics Appointment--Indianapolis

9/18/14 EAD approved--Electronic Notification

2/15/15 Notice of Interview Waiver (and Case Delay due to heavy processing load)

5/5/15 RFE (Requested another certified copy of marriage license)

5/14/15 Submitted Materials for RFE

5/28/15 Greencard Approved/In Production!!!!!

My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you. - Keats

What USCIS-es you only makes you stronger.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

His parents don't want him to leave, they are trying to get him to date this other woman. He may love you but he doesn't want to leave or he is not mature enough to think for himself. He is letting his parents dictate his life.

Yeah now he says he needs to talk to his parents about the situation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Think it's time to move on. You have a child. Focus on your child.

You don't need this dram .

I-130:

03-16-2013: Marriage JAMAICA

05-31-2013: I-130 Noa1

02-25-2014: NOA2

NVC

03-10-2014: Case # and IIN assigned (both cases hubby and step daughter)

04-14-2014: DS261and AOS available

04-15-2014: AoS fee paid

04-21-2014: IV fee paid

04-23-2014: AOS mailed next day

05-14-2014: fake checklist for civil documents

Called and was told AOS was reviewed and accepted

05-16-2014: IV documents scanned in

05-19-2014: another check list asking for civil docs.called and confirmed.

05-23-2014: called for update. There just waiting to review the package scanned in on

06-13-2014 CC

06-24-2014 called and recived interview date

06-25-2014 interview. Email

08-05-2014 interview

08-05-2014 APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I wouldn't be comfortable with it if I were you. My ex used to go on lunch with another girl everyday at work. I didn't want to be "jealous" so I ignored it. Then a few days before he decided to kick me out, she drew him a picture. He broke up with me for her cuz she weaseled her way in on breaks & lunches (he insisted she was just a smoking buddy) I'm fine with that, though...cuz I met my fiancé through my ex (oddly enough) & he is the most amazing person I've ever met. I completely trust him. Personally, I avoid temptation. My fiancé will be here in a few months, so if I have to chill at home & be lonely-just texting him-it's fine with me. Because I don't cheat.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

There are some major red flags here. OP, he sounds, quite frankly, immature and not really ready to meet the demands of marriage and fatherhood. The immigration process alone takes enormous emotional and mental strain on a couple. I agree with the rest of the answers and their mothers, it sounds like his parents don't want you in his life. If your timeline is correct, call/write to the USCIS with your case number and cancel the K1 petition. The last thing you want is him to come on over, K1 in hand, and stay illegally. You do have a right to be hurt and annoyed at the situation with the other female. Dude's got a lot of nerve. Best wishes.

Edited by Snag

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

The guys is too dramatic. He sounds extremely immature! Do you really need this kind of man in your life? for what?.

Love is not enough , for me a strong relationship is based in love,respect,appreciation and communication, and it seems he is communicating too much with the other girl...time to move on.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits - topic not about K-1 process/procedure, seems to fit best here ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

If he has to have his mom talk to you then how do you expect him to help take care of your child when he is still a child asking mommy to take care of his business for him. You should be with a man that wants to be with you not another woman.

Also, it will NEVER be your fault if he takes his life. His family is blackmailing you.

Edited by lmihler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.