Karam and Jamie

How you all met

59 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filipino Cupid, August 2012

Be careful with that place though. Mountains of scammers. You need to really know what you are doing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hahaha you're quite the character! I agree with the last part. That's exactly how it is with my fiancé, as well. I'm glad it worked out so well for you, no matter how you initially met. I'm hoping for the same because moving to Russia would be a lot more stressful!

Yes, how you first met is meaningless. The relationship is all that matters and better job the couple can do to vet each other out and to talk to each other and be open and honest about everything is the most important....even after marriage.

Alla and I are very lucky that we found each other....as we have discovered that we are best friends, we do virtually everything together. It's not to say that we have differences or differing opinions...but we never argue and understand when to give each other some room...but we never let things fester, don't hold grudges....there are so many times where I or even she either absent mindedly or semi-purposefully try to push the right (wrong) buttons but both of us are very adept and letting that fly on by.......

......and ....never never ever bring the day's events into the bedroom.

Good luck to you guys....this visa process is only the beginning....and this time away will soon be just a memory.....The time away can only (if you both work at it) strengthen your relationship.

Phil

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, how you first met is meaningless. The relationship is all that matters and better job the couple can do to vet each other out and to talk to each other and be open and honest about everything is the most important....even after marriage.

Alla and I are very lucky that we found each other....as we have discovered that we are best friends, we do virtually everything together. It's not to say that we have differences or differing opinions...but we never argue and understand when to give each other some room...but we never let things fester, don't hold grudges....there are so many times where I or even she either absent mindedly or semi-purposefully try to push the right (wrong) buttons but both of us are very adept and letting that fly on by.......

......and ....never never ever bring the day's events into the bedroom.

Good luck to you guys....this visa process is only the beginning....and this time away will soon be just a memory.....The time away can only (if you both work at it) strengthen your relationship.

Phil

Great advice! Thank you so much (:

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

I met my Fiance online in 2008. We were both playing a video game. Then we started talking and I added him on msn..2 years later he came to the netherlands and we saw each other for real. And then the long distance relationship started. I traveled to the usa in 2011, 2 times. He came again to holland in 2012 and the end of 2012 I went there again with my mom. In those 3 weeks we got engaged :D. In 2013 I went back to the usa in the summer for 2 months, in those months i decided i wanted to come live with him. In september 2013 we started the k1 visa, it was approved in March 2014. I went to the usa on april 18 and well here I am :D

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

I met my fiancé, Kelsey, at a party here in London. She was visiting from LA and staying with a mutual friend at the time. I very nearly didn't go to the party, but my friend said it'd be fun. Kelsey wasn't even mentioned to me, so obviously nobody saw us as a good match, even as friends!

Well, when I met her it was the most serenely powerful thing, something wonderful I still cannot describe. I've met a lot of people and never experienced such natural energy before. We chatted all night and all morning. Right away I knew I wanted to be with her forever, which is a scary thing to admit to yourself but still I went one better and shared that with her too. We spent the whole summer together. The following spring I visited her in LA for the first time, and we've been swapping borders ever since.

I proposed this January in Los Angeles, and you can see how in the video below.

Kelsey is my passion and my muse, the love of my life. I seek nothing else in anyone else, and its a great privilege to be staring down what appears to be a bright and exciting future together. Nothing is impossible when you're in love. Maybe everyone feels this way when they're getting married, I don't know.

And for what its worth, whilst this time apart is difficult and painful, we also admit that it has inadvertently done positive things for our bond by deepening our understanding of each other. I think we have learned to never take each other for granted, or any other special people for that matter. We're blessed to have good people all around us, in every direction.

Went off a bit there, but anyway, thats our story. Thanks for asking!

David, this is so incredible!!!! Thank you for sharing, from one American-Brit couple to another :D

USCIS

04-06-2013 // Married!

05-02-2013 // I-130 Mailed

05-06-2013 // NOA1

12-05-2013 // Transfer to Nebraska Service Center

02-11-2014 // NOA2 Approved!

NVC

02-24-2014 // NVC Received Case

03-31-2014 // Received Case #, IIN# and BIN#

03-31-2014 // AOS Fee Paid

03-31-2014 // DS-261 Completed

04-02-2014 // IV Fee Paid

04-03-2014 // AOS Packet Sent

04-08-2014 // AOS Packet Scanned Into System

04-08-2014 // DS-260 Completed

04-15-2014 // IV Package Sent

04-22-2014 // IV Package Scanned Into System

04-23-2014 // False Checklist for IV Docs

05-07-2014 // Case Complete!!!!!! :dancing:

05-14-2014 // CC Email from NVC

05-28-2014 // Medical in London

06-10-2014 // APPROVED AT INTERVIEW!! :dance:

06-16-2014 // Visa in Hand

06-17-2014 // POE: Boston :goofy:

ROC

04-01-2016 // I-751 Delivered

04-06-2016 // Check Cashed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I was traveling in Europe last summer and planned to visit Romania and Bulgaria alone. I used a website called couchsurfing to find local people to meet up with to show me around. My future wife randomly responded to my request and we started talking. We had been talking for about a month and a half before we met in person. There was immediate chemistry. I ended up adding a few extra days to my trip in Romania so I could be with her longer. We had such a strong connection that when I left we were both absolutely crushed. We talked about marriage and after a month of being apart we decided to go the k-1 route. I went back for Christmas and then again in February for the interview and now she is living with me in the USA :)

Citizenship:

Service Center: Online
CIS Office :         San Diego CA
Date Filed :         2018-07-13
NOA Date :         2018-07-20
Bio. Appt. :         2018-07-31
Interview Date:  2018-04-12

Im an enthusiastic gamer, and I was playing combat in ancient enviroment in a MMPROG, my fiancé and me met in December 2009 because were part of the same community of players, in fact we were around to each other without paying too much attention just knew briefly about the reputation of the another. One day mi fiancé decided visit the server where I was playing and I was all friendly with him and dragged him all the day with me to check stuff. He was polite enough to go with me to see one or another event without lose the patcience about all my bla bla bla, lol, so he thought that will be cool try a shot there and joined in my combat group. So, we had to be team mates in the same raiders group and had fun playing together (he and me have a high rate in that combat game).

In the beggining we had text chat first and then jumped to voice chat in the game for get a better support when we were playing raids, after a few times to fight together we jumped to skype because the voice service of that game its kinda crappy and gave us lag affecting our performance. As hardcore gamers we became friends in the heat of the battle helping each other to get victories, but after any raid we started to have conversations as friends. With the time my fiancé showed interest over me beyond my gaming skills and asked me start to date in 2010 having a LDR. In the next months our relationship jumped from the pixelgame to RL in a amazing way, knowing each other in detail through long conversations for hours and hours, our longest call in skype last long like 76 hours lol, that include even sleep time and naps, we talked about any topic possible that get our interest, we talk about our family, work, issues, etc (we still doing it btw)... We were discovering that want want be together dealing and learning about each other through the odds that a LDR can have.

My family knew that I was hooked in videogames so wasnt a big deal hear me talk and laugh all the time wearing a headset lol, but when my fiancé asked me have videocalls, were clear to them that something was happening between us. In fact, my family used to walk into my room and say hello to him lol and he went all friendly to them, things went all natural. For his part his family started to hear my name because he talked about me with them all the time since we started to date. We got engaged in 2012 in middle of a conversation and was amazing, for life situations we had to wait to met each other RL but the relationship went growing and stronger through the skype day after day, he knows even how my hair looks waking up and viceversa lolz. In the summer of 2013 he decided come to see me and met my parents, of course we were engaged but he wanted show them respect and ask their blessing and permission to get married, my parents were amazed and happy for this detail from him and of course they gave us the blessing for our future marriage. Met each other was great, nothing was weird at all, in fact, were great talk face to face and no through the screen or headset! We spent an amazing days together and after the visit, we investigate about what kind of visa I will get, we decided to get the K-1 and get married in USA because the the procedure of the spouse visa its a long wait. So here we are in middle of the process to get my K-1 visa.

Thanks for read me and hugs to all!

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I met my fiancé through work. We were both hired for a job that had the same parent company and spent time in training together. There was an instant connection and after training finished, we lost touch for a few weeks... Until I had some liquid courage and called him to say happy new year. He missed my call, but it began our first emails to each other (We have now email at least once per day). It took weeks of my convincing to get him to try skype. From there we started video chatting every day... Still not in a relationship though. I could tell we both cared about each other, so I told him, "I am coming to visit" and that weekend we began dating.

It has been two years and there has not been a day where I have no heard from him either through instant message, video chat or email. This past weekend he officially proposed and we submitted the I-129F the following Monday.

I totally agree with others about the benefits of an LDR. We were forced to really get to know one another and we can't be blinded by lust because most of the time, we can't be together. It really allowed us to learn so much about one another. More so than any relationship I have had that did not have distance.

I am now in the waiting game.... Thought it wouldn't be so bad, but I can tell this is going to be a rough next few months!

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

--------------------------

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

Many moons ago when we were both just kids...Me and my (now) husband both lived in England, in the same street. We were neighbors. Our brothers and sisters all hung out together, we all went to the same school. I had a HUGE almighty crush on him. I even had my very first kiss with him.....

Aged 15, his mother met and married (my now father-in-law) who is in the American Military and they all moved to America. I never heard from my crush again.

Fast forward 20 years later, and with a divorce behind me, a FB friends request pops up... from you know who!!! He was also divorced with two children (I had no children from my first marriage).

We fell in love immediately (yes... crazy to some), and we called each other a billion times a day. 9 months later I flew out to see him for the first time and we got engaged.

I flew out another 2 times before finally tying the knot and the rest is history.

We have now been together 3 years, and married for 1 year. Even now I wake up every day and it does not seem real at all. Both our first marriages were very unhappy, we feel thankful that we were both given a second chance. We are, without a doubt soul-mates. Maybe god had a plan for us all along. We talk about it all the time. We are best buddies, which I swear has to be the most important thing in a marriage (I most certainly did not have that in my first marriage).

The most wonderful thing about the whole story is I got 3 for the price of 1, as I am step-momma to my gorgeous step-son 9, and my equally gorgeous step-daughter who is 11.

Its a real mind trip to think that the first person I ever kissed, is going to be the last person I ever kiss.

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

Holy ####### the similarties between your story and mine are crazy!!!

I also met my husband online in 2008, but through myspace, he came for the first time in 2010 and I went there in 2011.

Crazy, weird world! :D

I met my Fiance online in 2008. We were both playing a video game. Then we started talking and I added him on msn..2 years later he came to the netherlands and we saw each other for real. And then the long distance relationship started. I traveled to the usa in 2011, 2 times. He came again to holland in 2012 and the end of 2012 I went there again with my mom. In those 3 weeks we got engaged :D. In 2013 I went back to the usa in the summer for 2 months, in those months i decided i wanted to come live with him. In september 2013 we started the k1 visa, it was approved in March 2014. I went to the usa on april 18 and well here I am :D

Fania & Nelson

Met: 02/14/08
Married: 04/04/13
I-130 sent: 04/15/13
Rcvd by USCIS: 04/18/13
NOA1: 04/22/13
NOA2: 12/10/13

NVC Case complete: 04/04/14

Appointment assigned: 04/17/14
Appointment: 05/16/14

Arrival to NYC: 07/03/14

Sent I-751 to VSC 04/04/16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My husband and me commented on a post in Amr diab fan page, I was first then him... he was interested to see who was commenting so he friend requested me.... I waited a few days then accepted.... After a few conversations we met in skype and eventually we started dating, engaged, and married :D

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I met My Husband Through A Mutaul Friend Of Ours On Yahoo Messenger in March 2008.We had a disagreement the first encounter and after he found me meesaged me and said he was sorry.We spoke everyday and in 2009 he asked me to marry him I went to Egypt in april of 2010 met his family and we married in June 2010.I made it a short story Lol...... Love him alot (L)

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png