Karam and Jamie

How you all met

59 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am bored and have just been waiting around to call NVC on April 29th to see if our album made it to New Hampshire so I wanted to ask everyone how you all met!!!! :clock:

My fiance, Karam, who lives in Egypt, tried talking to me on Facebook for about 8 months and I ignored him because a lot of foreign men try to talk to me but after 8 months I finally said hello to him. I don't even know how he became my friend on there. Anyhow, after I said hello it was all over from there haha!

Would love to hear how you met your mate! :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I met my fiancé, Kelsey, at a party here in London. She was visiting from LA and staying with a mutual friend at the time. I very nearly didn't go to the party, but my friend said it'd be fun. Kelsey wasn't even mentioned to me, so obviously nobody saw us as a good match, even as friends!

Well, when I met her it was the most serenely powerful thing, something wonderful I still cannot describe. I've met a lot of people and never experienced such natural energy before. We chatted all night and all morning. Right away I knew I wanted to be with her forever, which is a scary thing to admit to yourself but still I went one better and shared that with her too. We spent the whole summer together. The following spring I visited her in LA for the first time, and we've been swapping borders ever since.

I proposed this January in Los Angeles, and you can see how in the video below.

Kelsey is my passion and my muse, the love of my life. I seek nothing else in anyone else, and its a great privilege to be staring down what appears to be a bright and exciting future together. Nothing is impossible when you're in love. Maybe everyone feels this way when they're getting married, I don't know.

And for what its worth, whilst this time apart is difficult and painful, we also admit that it has inadvertently done positive things for our bond by deepening our understanding of each other. I think we have learned to never take each other for granted, or any other special people for that matter. We're blessed to have good people all around us, in every direction.

Went off a bit there, but anyway, thats our story. Thanks for asking!

I surprised her with a proposal in Los Angeles, and this is how it went down!

I was in Germany visiting family in Oct 2013 & decided to use POF's Locals Search while I was there, just to find someone to talk to. My now Fiancee happened to be within range one time, so I sent her a message & things have steadily progressed since. The time window for us to have met was only a matter of hours. Otherwise, she would not have shown up in my search & I would've had no clue she exists.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

I met my fiancé, Kelsey, at a party here in London. She was visiting from LA and staying with a mutual friend at the time. I very nearly didn't go to the party, but my friend said it'd be fun. Kelsey wasn't even mentioned to me, so obviously nobody saw us as a good match, even as friends!

Well, when I met her it was the most serenely powerful thing, something wonderful I still cannot describe. I've met a lot of people and never experienced such natural energy before. We chatted all night and all morning. Right away I knew I wanted to be with her forever, which is a scary thing to admit to yourself but still I went one better and shared that with her too. We spent the whole summer together. The following spring I visited her in LA for the first time, and we've been swapping borders ever since.

I proposed this January in Los Angeles, and you can see how in the video below.

Kelsey is my passion and my muse, the love of my life. I seek nothing else in anyone else, and its a great privilege to be staring down what appears to be a bright and exciting future together. Nothing is impossible when you're in love. Maybe everyone feels this way when they're getting married, I don't know.

And for what its worth, whilst this time apart is difficult and painful, we also admit that it has inadvertently done positive things for our bond by deepening our understanding of each other. I think we have learned to never take each other for granted, or any other special people for that matter. We're blessed to have good people all around us, in every direction.

I have to agree with your statement about the time apart. The thing is, when you're apart, you talk. & when you talk, you get to know each other. The time spent getting to know each other while not being clouded with the emotion that intimacy brings is something indescribable. It's like you learn about the character of the person & your emotions are crystal clear. The things I have learned about Betty's character during this time apart just makes me want her more.

When you're in close physical proximity, you don't see things clearly. I personally believe that a lot of relationships are doomed from the start because intimacy is introduced before true feelings are established. When you're apart, you have no choice but to face the true feelings & see them for what they are. If you grow closer while physically apart, you have found something, & you should do everything humanly possible to close that physical gap.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I met my fiance back in 2006, right before I moved to the States. We stayed friends, a year after he told me that he wanted to be more than friend, but I was already in a relationship. Six (6) years later me and my bf broke up, it was hard, but my now fiance (back then my friend) was there for me through it all (break up and a major surgery), he called me every day (we'd talk for hours). I started to develop feelings for him, but I took my time to make sure it wasn't just because of my "fresh" break up. A year after I decided to let him in and here we are now impatiently waiting to be with each other every day for the rest of our lives.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have to agree with your statement about the time apart. The thing is, when you're apart, you talk. & when you talk, you get to know each other. The time spent getting to know each other while not being clouded with the emotion that intimacy brings is something indescribable. It's like you learn about the character of the person & your emotions are crystal clear. The things I have learned about Betty's character during this time apart just makes me want her more.

When you're in close physical proximity, you don't see things clearly. I personally believe that a lot of relationships are doomed from the start because intimacy is introduced before true feelings are established. When you're apart, you have no choice but to face the true feelings & see them for what they are. If you grow closer while physically apart, you have found something, & you should do everything humanly possible to close that physical gap.

This is 100% true and I couldn't have said it better myself! I don't think people that aren't in our situations fully understand this.

I met my fiancé in the chat of a bingo app back in 2012. Such a ridiculous story. I was with my best friend one day & saw her playing bingo on this app. I love bingo so I found the name & downloaded the app. Soon after, I discovered a chat within the app that my best friend didn't even realize was there. So I started talking to people on there. I soon met my fiancé who is from Russia. We did not like each other at first & would argue a lot. But, we both had KIK messenger & decided to talk it out one day. Then we became friends. Then we became best friends. I never dreamed he would be interested in me so I didn't entertain the idea of anything ever happening. He started pushing me to Skype. I didn't want to because I knew once I did, that would be it for me & I would fall for him. I was right but didn't admit that to him. He's had to convince me that this is real & that he truly cares for me, every step of the way. He's basically had to convince me to love him because I was just too scared that once we met it wouldn't be the same for him. He said that since he was the man, he should come see me first. That was fine by me because that's what my family demanded. So he filed for his international passport in July. Finally received it in November after a loooong 4 month wait. We were trying to get him here for Christmas since I have two weeks off of work every Christmas & couldn't take off any other time, yet. He went for his tourist visa to come here & was denied. We were devastated. So Plan B. I was going to come there for the Winter Olympics in February that were held in his city.. But, even though I'm 24, my mom decided to try to blackmail me to keep from going as soon as she found out. Since I was already concerned that it would be just as difficult for me to get a visa & it didn't look like many Olympic tickets were left that I would need for an easier visa, we came up with Plan C. We decided to meet in Turkey since it is very close to Russia, he didn't need a visa & all I needed was a simple e-visa with no interview. I planned my entire trip in complete secret. Didn't tell anyone but my best friend. When I finally had every last thing booked & paid for, I told my family. My mom flipped but after a day or two, she was okay. I flew to see him on March 8th of this year. We stayed two weeks in Turkey & it was the best two weeks of my life. On the day before he left, he asked me to marry him. When I came back home & told everyone, there were a lot of people who were shocked & had no idea he existed. I had kept him a secret for months. We didn't officially start a relationship ( we both agreed we wouldn't see other people anymore ) in May of last year. So nearly a year of not going out anymore or going talking to any guys, yet they were shocked. What people can't understand without having met someone the way we have, is the connection you develop with someone when all you can do is talk. When you can't hug, kiss, anything. You just talk. You tell that person every little thing about you. They know your daily routine better than your closest family & friends. They just know everything. So yeah, during the time we met for the first time, we decided to get married. Meeting for us was just confirmation that the love & feelings we had for each other all along before meeting in person were absolutely real. I get to marry my absolute best friend & the love of my life. I've had to live without him for so long & there's only more time to come to wait. But I know that everything we have been through and everything to come will just make for a lasting marriage.

Geez I didn't mean to write so much! It just happened! Sorry guys! :oops:

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Timeline

PBJ that was amazinggg!!!!! Thank you for sharing your story and video of proposal!! :D

Marco and Bettina, I have tried POF before and only found disgusting men! haha! Glad you found each other. Like a needle in a hay stack, to me it seems hehe!

Timeline

MGAD, thanks for sharing! I met my fiance in Turkey at first too. We met in October. Kind of scary when I got to the airport. I was trapped in a certain part of the airport and he was trapped in another. The plan was for him to give me money for the Visa because they had said they only take cash. So I waited a long time to find him and had asked airport people for help and everyone was really rude to me and didn't help me. So, by chance, I went to the Visa counter and was able to use my credit card for the Visa. Thank God!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Would love to hear how you met your mate!

I paid the $99 to have access to the online catalog of young blond Russian hotties to select from for marriage.

I chose my wife and we conversed and now are married.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

MGAD, thanks for sharing! I met my fiance in Turkey at first too. We met in October. Kind of scary when I got to the airport. I was trapped in a certain part of the airport and he was trapped in another. The plan was for him to give me money for the Visa because they had said they only take cash. So I waited a long time to find him and had asked airport people for help and everyone was really rude to me and didn't help me. So, by chance, I went to the Visa counter and was able to use my credit card for the Visa. Thank God!

I flew to Istanbul & I had bought mine online beforehand. But once I got off the plane & eventually to where it seemed everything happened to leave, I couldn't figure out where to go for what! I walked up to the visa counter & the lady kept trying to sell me one (she spoke very little English). I'm like no, I have one, see?! And that was it. I honestly don't think anyone actually checked my visa & I could have gone through without it! I was then super confused (not the only one who was) about where to go next for passport control. I was like, "Seriously, Meghan..he's waiting for you just a few rooms away & you're going to get stuck in the airport!" But I managed to get through. Man, I had quite the experiences with airports on this trip! And it was my first trip abroad!

I paid the $99 to have access to the online catalog of young blond Russian hotties to select from for marriage.

I chose my wife and we conversed and now are married.

You hear about this all the time in theory, but I wasn't aware it was still possible until I started this process. Did you have any extra hurdles or anything because you met in that way? I don't suppose its any different than meeting on a dating site or anything else, when you think about it.

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You hear about this all the time in theory, but I wasn't aware it was still possible until I started this process. Did you have any extra hurdles or anything because you met in that way? I don't suppose its any different than meeting on a dating site or anything else, when you think about it.

If you believe that was all there was to it, that we both vetted each other out as being totally serious and not just some scammer (on both sides), that our relationship didn't evolve on a normal course as most people's do (getting to know each other first, then meeting in person, determining if there was any chemistry, then getting more serious, then marriage proposals, then the visa process).....then I have a bridge you might be interested in buying !!!

There is no such thing as a mail order bride.....but our beginning is exactly as told, I chose her out of a catalog and pad the money to gain access to her email account and initiated the contact.....everything else was a normal relationship......

using all modern communication means at our disposal to communicate.

Since we couldn't just hop into the back seat and steam up the windows....all we could do is talk....and talk and talk is what we did.

We knew more about each other before our first meeting in person and then again when she and the little one arrived in the US, then maybe many couples here in the US do after many years of marriage.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I met my fiancé, Kelsey, at a party here i

that was awesome, thanks for sharing. loved it and wishing you both all the best :)

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Timeline

If you believe that was all there was to it, that we both vetted each other out as being totally serious and not just some scammer (on both sides), that our relationship didn't evolve on a normal course as most people's do (getting to know each other first, then meeting in person, determining if there was any chemistry, then getting more serious, then marriage proposals, then the visa process).....then I have a bridge you might be interested in buying !!!

There is no such thing as a mail order bride.....but our beginning is exactly as told, I chose her out of a catalog and pad the money to gain access to her email account and initiated the contact.....everything else was a normal relationship......

using all modern communication means at our disposal to communicate.

Since we couldn't just hop into the back seat and steam up the windows....all we could do is talk....and talk and talk is what we did.

We knew more about each other before our first meeting in person and then again when she and the little one arrived in the US, then maybe many couples here in the US do after many years of marriage.

Hahaha you're quite the character! I agree with the last part. That's exactly how it is with my fiancé, as well. I'm glad it worked out so well for you, no matter how you initially met. I'm hoping for the same because moving to Russia would be a lot more stressful!

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!