70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok so my fiancé entered the US on January 9, 14. Before he arrived I never felt so sure of something in all my life! I was so happy, overjoyed, excited! I was so in love! My trip to see him was amazing! (Of course I did pay for everything, and it was vacation not reality). I have my wedding dress, I have my girls' dresses! Finding out on Christmas Eve that the love of my life would be here at home with me very soon was the best gift ever! So he's here... I was very happy to see him but it didn't take long before I realized something's not clicking. I started to have anxiety all the time, I don't feel comfortable around him at all. It's bugging me out! So fast forward 1 week and 6 days and I finally spelled it out to him that I could not and will not marry him because we are not even in the same book of life! I couldn't take it anymore. I can not live with him! So fast forward to last night and he puts his brother on the phone whom lives in CA and his brother tells me if that's my final decision then he is booking my fiancé a flight to CA to depart a week from now and he will call his attorney and have him draw up all the paperwork to relieve me of any financial responsibility! Has anyone ever had a similar experience or heard of one? Should I call USCIS? Of course I will never sign anything without my attorney looking it over and discussing it with USCIS, I may have been conned by lust but I'm not stupid! I'm curious if anyone knows of a possible outcome? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi,

If you do not marry, then I don't believe you will have any responsibility for him, financial or otherwise, once his I-94 expires (after 90 days from his US entry). Don't sign anything without having your own attorney look over it!

Good luck, and sorry things didn't work out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Then you do not marry, he goes to his brother's, and after that it is not your problem. There is nothing for you to do or sign. Just move on.

~ Moved from K-1 Progress Reports to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Dont let him come back to your house, he can come back to your house and then acuse you of domestic violence and then apply for wAva.

In that way he can get GC

Be carefull and dont let him be near you.

Read about people being acuse of abuse by the beneficiary , if he does that he will stay in usa and get gc acusing you of abuse

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A K1 that doesn't marry has no options for staying. Your I 134 isn't legally enforceable. When he leaves change the locks and your account numbers. Also check on credit monitoring . Report to USCIS that you did not marry and then forget it. IF you are really worried warn your girls not to greet him without you.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

I don't think a fiance can do that. They would have to get married first.

Be carefull and dont let him be near you.
Read about people being acuse of abuse by the beneficiary , if he does that he will stay in usa and get gc acusing you of abuse

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Something dont sound right about his brother but then again he may not be knowledgeable about the support document you gave to get him here he might think its enforceable or something...........just be careful this man has given up his life to come to you here in the states........you have not said how he has reacted to your choice only that his brother is now involved .......i cant imagine him being silent and just agreeing with you if he is then you need to keep your whits about you and make sure that you are not setting yourself up for a physical or psychological abuse charge against you that could land him his green card with out you but keep you from ever filing for someone again

sara

Filed: Timeline

he will call his attorney and have him draw up all the paperwork to relieve me of any financial responsibility!

So far you have no financial responsibility toward your fiance. So you don't have to be relieved of anything.

And your fiance won't be able to have a legal status if he deosn't marry you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Dont let him come back to your house, he can come back to your house and then acuse you of domestic violence and then apply for wAva.

In that way he can get GC

I thought VAWA stood for violence against women act. He's not a woman, is he?

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think he's trying to stay in the US illegally (because why would he relocate in the US now? He has no legal grounds of staying so he'd be better off going back to Morocco). As people said, don't sign anything without consulting a lawyer and so far i don't think you have financial responsibility for him. He's on a non-immigrant visa now. He can return to his country at any moment.

Be careful though, i don't think you should stay alone with him now anymore. Who knows what anyone else is capable of.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.