bob4

No longer wants to marry me

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits, from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry to hear, you will find the right one I am sure.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

After well over a year process to get this visa, i came back to find my fiance no longer wants to marry me. Is my only option to leave us.

yes

if you were to fall in love in the future you could not adjust status in the US, you came to marry your fiancé, no marriage then you have to return.

I'm sure it hurts right now, but someday you'll find someone better

After well over a year process to get this visa, i came back to find my fiance no longer wants to marry me. Is my only option to leave us.

What other options do you have? Can you reconcile, go through therapy then decide? Are you the bene? Yes, what type of visa do you have? No, even better for you, although that is not apparent right now in either scenario. Best of luck with your decision. Love does hurt and it CAN take time to move on, I know, but in the end it may be the best outcome for both. Think about your future.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

You MUST either marry the person who petitioned for you and adjust status OR return home... There are no other options on a K1... Sorry for your pain...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is my only option to leave us.

Yes. The conditions of your visa are that you marry the petitioner within 90 days. Since that's not happening, your visa will be void after the 90 days and you'll be in the country illegally after that.

Since you're not getting married now, apparently, then you have no reason to stay.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Why would you want to stay in a foreign country without a fiancée , wife, family, ANYONE/?

It was not meant to be, she realized she doesn't love you enough to marry you...im sorry

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Be strong and allow God to take control of everything. You will be fine and please don't over stay in America, you should leave before 90 days. Always look at things positively, this happened for a reason. God knows and continue to TRUST in Him. You will see light in the end. No worry of your immigration, important is you knew it before marriage. And thank God, at least you will not end up getting divorce. Commitment is a must for marriage to be successful. Have a merry christmas ! :)

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Be strong and allow God to take control of everything. You will be fine and please don't over stay in America, you should leave before 90 days. Always look at things positively, this happened for a reason. God knows and continue to TRUST in Him. You will see light in the end. No worry of your immigration, important is you knew it before marriage. And thank God, at least you will not end up getting divorce. Commitment is a must for marriage to be successful. Have a merry christmas ! smile.png

What a wonderful wish!

I agree with everything above - trust that God knows what is better for you. You never know what you could have missed if married that person. All the Best to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.