kmg617

New reality show about K1 visa (merged)

323 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

OMG!! My husband and I said the same thing about Russ! rofl.gif

Now to toss out my P.C. statement here: If he is gay, I don't care. I personally dont have any issues with a persons sexual preference. But in the context of the situation it would be a show stopper.

My mother thought the same. I don't know if the producers are intentionally portraying him that way maybe?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife keeps yelling at the television "Kirlyam go home!!!!" I plan on making it a drinking game by episode 3.

That said. This show is terrible. Uniformly god-awful.

Yup !

No I was trying to explain that's how people look at it, trust I've been narrow minded before when I was young seeing an old man in the UK with a wife in her 20s but when you get older and it happens to you, only then do you understand.

The show is a train-wreck, designed so to be, by the producers.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think kirylam should go home too, shes so adorable and her fiancé so plain n dull that I don't believe he has much to offer her. Id love to know where she is, id take her under my wing lol

Also paula is such a babe! im straight but id be bewildered if any man didn't fall for that!

Edited by Cam54

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

Filed: Timeline

I don't know about anyone else but I think a fantastic spin off for this show, to make it more interesting, would be to combine 90 day fiance with Wife Swap.....but seriously, I'm not sure how many more episodes I will watch. The only reason why I am watching it is because I am doing the k1.

The lack of intimacy between Mike and Aziza is surprising and I dunno kind of weird.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Interesting show. I don't watch television, and reality shows are the worst, but I will admit to tuning in for this one (guilty). My thought are in tune with many others that I've read thus far but I'll summarize:

Paola & Russ: Paola is a party girl and seems a good match for Russ and his immature Okie lifestyle. A good match for dating but not for marriage. He has already made a huge mistake by not renting an apartment in Tulsa before her arrival. He says his plan is to save money during their first 90 days by living at home. (I've lived in Oklahoma and rents are as cheap if not cheaper than anywhere in the country.) This makes absolutely no sense and if he doesn't make a change real quick he could be headed for a train wreck. Second, Russ works in the oil fields and is gone for up to 6 weeks at a time. This scenario spells potential problems for any budding engagement/marriage of this kind...and the fact that she's a party girl in a city like Tulsa, where she is bound to mix with swarms of horny white dudes in his absense, just screams trouble.

Mike and Aziza: She just isn't into you, dude. This is a prime example of why face time, on the ground in her country, is so important prior to filing a K1. I recall some advice given to me prior to my first visit to my wife, when worried that there might not be the same connection in person as felt through letters, skype, sms, etc: If she is into it, you will know it. I cringed during that cutaway scene of their voices in bed where she asked in an uncomfortable voice "what are you doing?" and his response: "kissing you."

Alan and Kirlyam: This one is interesting because of the perceived age difference (she looks like she's 14), their religious beliefs (LDS), her lack of language (she can adjust), her homesickness (she can adjust), and his jealousy. I can't get over how young Kirlyam looks. She looks like a young 9th grade exchange student. I believe their religious beliefs play in their favor, and having some knowledge and experience of the Mormon faith, know that finding someone with whom you share the same values and principals is of the utmost importance when choosing a spouse. I think they have this well established. Her homesickness and his jealousy are their biggest obstacles, in my opinion. He nees to move her out of his parent's home quick. Move her into his apartment and he can live with her but sleep at his parents' until the wedding. (Does he not trust himself alone with her at all???) Speaking of trust, the lack of faith he shows in her commitment is evident in his behavior in public (the Jack Sparrow encounter) and his overprotective demeanor. Is that why she is living with mom and dad and not alone?

Louis and Aya: Aside from the parent/children/ex-wife dynamic, this story is less interesting than the others simply because I feel it appears most likely to succeed. Louis and Aya appear to be a good match and, depending on how the relationship goes between Aya and the kids, should work out just fine. It will be interesting, though, to see how the kids adapt and behave toward her. This will ultimately determine how the ex-wife feels about the union, which is not totally important, as I think they can be perfectly happy even with a partially severed friendship between Louis and the ex. Something has to give eventually. But if the kids don't accept her, they may be faced with some serious challenges.

I only saw a couple short clips of the other couple - the young Ukrainian gal and the fitness dude - so I can't really form much of an opinion other than, as I previously stated, get to know her *in person* before applying for a K1. But I already hope it works out - only because of the reaction and advice from his friend and business partner. The naysayers bug me and I always love to see when they are wrong.

I understand that these reality shows are edited to include material which will create interest for the American TV watching public and there is undoubtedly a lot of material that has been edited out. But some aspects of these relationships are obvious red flags and/or signs that foretell of difficult challenges. For me, this is entertainment, and I have a difficult time understanding why anyone who is making such an important life change would agree to be filmed in the process for television. This, in itself, adds additional, unnecessary distractions to an already difficult transition.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wrecking o Trains, selling the adspace, but I thank you for the longish write-up!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Does anybody know where you can watch the show if not in the US? I went to the TLC website and watched the little clips they have, but I really would like to see some full episodes!

-

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Rossana and I are watching it.. we like it..

alot of the time.. we are laughing or groaning.. cuz we too have went thru a few of the things that are happening on the show..

my fav. is the little Brazilian girl.. she is adorable!!

i never thought the Okie guy was gay.. but if you work in the oilfields.. you are making lots of bucks.. WHY was it issue to be living at home...

Louis' ex wife?!? YIKES! i thought it was his MOM!! LOL>>

and is it just me.. or are these people waiting till the 80+plus day to get married.?!?!

HELLO?! get married and process that paper work already!! LOL

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I guess I just keep waiting for the train-wreck to happen because I keep going back to this god-awful show. I knew that the producers are re-writing these people's lives pretty much to make them fit into reality tv mold. But, last night was the first time I got the feeling that the show is actually scripted. It felt more fake than normal.

A lot of people are saying that Russ is gay. I don't think so, just effeminate. Anyway, I can understand his hesitation on getting an apartment and signing a year long lease for something that may not work out (although at this point, he should be ready for the commitment of marriage). It was a good idea to get a short stay apartment. It would have been a disaster to leave Pao there with his parents while he's away for months on an oil rig. I think it will be a disaster anyway. She's a cute girl and seems to be very outgoing..... when the cat is away the mice will play. Anyway, she's the only one I get a "sham" feeling from. I dunno what it is; but I feel like she's taking him for a ride.

Aya and Louis. OMG, that ex is a nightmare! How can she dictate whether Aya has children or not! I understand being protective over your children, but she is going too far with it!

Kirlyam and Alan. They'll make it. The biggest hurdle is not his jealousy (which I think is a non issue) but her home-sickness. I don't see it as that he's jealous, just protective and overly religious. If he doesn't give her a chance to socialize, her homesickness will take on a whole new level. But, that whole thing with the Jack Sparrow impersonator, I took it as a joke that really didn't get a laugh.

Lastly, Mike and Aziza. A lot of people think that she's taking him for a ride as well because of her lack of affection. I dunno, I really think that they are genuine and will have a happy life. They are both just really awkward. It doesn't seem like either of them have had a serious/sexual relationship and they just don't know how to act. (I was/still am that way with my husband. There were a lot o persona/emotional issues that I needed to work out before I could truly be intimate with him). So, I can understand where she's coming from. But, I am amazed at how good her English is.... there's hardly an accent.

I do wonder why they chose to follow people on K-1 visas.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I do wonder why they chose to follow people on K-1 visas.

cuz the DUCK CALL makers reality show was already done ;)

yea.. i actually jumped at my chair.. when Louis did not defend his fiance against the EX.. at the exact moment!!

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anybody know where you can watch the show if not in the US? I went to the TLC website and watched the little clips they have, but I really would like to see some full episodes!

http://www.watchseries-online.eu/category/90-day-fiance

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png