kmg617

New reality show about K1 visa (merged)

323 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Exactly, I think you should have known your partner and his/her family very well before you filed for your K-1. I am not sure how those girls got their K-1 cause it seems to me the only thing they know about their other half is his (first) name ( not even the last names). The TV show is kinda misleading and makes the K-1 sounds too casual to get.

Jan,2008 we met each other for the first time
March 11,2010, I flew to Dallas to visit him. We started dating.
September, 2011, we made the most stupid mistake we could have, sending out packet I-129 application without putting in a single page of supporting document.
January 12,2012, we received our declined petition letter after 5 months :-(
January 20, 2012, I flew to Dallas to prepare the packet and sent out the fiance petition
January 23, 2012, we received our noa1
May 30,2012, we received our noa2
June 13,2012, Our case was forwarded to Montreal
July 4,2012, I received RFE
July 5, 2012, I sent out RFE
July 9,2012, Montreal received my RFE
July 16,2012, I sent out my Packet 3 (I did not call Montreal to confirm if they have sent out my Packet 3)
July 25,2012, I received my Packet 4 in email
September 4,2012 at 9:10 am, visa approved !!!
September 6,2012, Visa in hand
November 17,2012, POE in Chicago
February 09,2013, Wedding

March 16,2013, AOS package sent out

March 22,2013,NOA received.

January 31, 2014, Card production

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Can only wonder what brilliant person came up with 90 days to make this most important decision of your life. Two of my wife's friends came here on a K-1, both ended up in a divorce. A lot easier to get married then to have a divorce and a lot more expensive. Problem could be a country ran by attorneys, they get rich from divorces.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you've watched the show, you know his family is "special" and by special I mean kind of low brow. The way they try to push that girl to eat when clearly she in uncomfortable (she seems to have real anxiety about eating in front of others) and then get all grumpy with her, well it is beyond rude.

I'm assuming one of his female family members is involved in this.

I found that really hard to watch "so do you not like my food" , everyone has their own strange little anxieties and people need to be more sensitive to them. that mum generally seems like an idiot anyway though

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

Filed: Other Country: Swaziland
Timeline

I found that really hard to watch "so do you not like my food" , everyone has their own strange little anxieties and people need to be more sensitive to them. that mum generally seems like an idiot anyway though

I was fairly certain after watching the way Azziza behaved around food, that she had a real anxiety or disorder. (It was even obvious the first night she arrived when they were in New York City). Mike even said that he knew about it. So, yeah fairly shitty of the family to be such douchenozzels about it.

Open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.

-Abraham Lincoln.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Can only wonder what brilliant person came up with 90 days to make this most important decision of your life. Two of my wife's friends came here on a K-1, both ended up in a divorce. A lot easier to get married then to have a divorce and a lot more expensive. Problem could be a country ran by attorneys, they get rich from divorces.

or the production assistants for the Canadien production company

carefully vetted the couples,

as

they were seeking train-wrecks in the making

as they knew

it's all good reality tv, selling tv adspace/time generating REVENUE.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I was fairly certain after watching the way Azziza behaved around food, that she had a real anxiety or disorder. (It was even obvious the first night she arrived when they were in New York City). Mike even said that he knew about it. So, yeah fairly shitty of the family to be such douchenozzels about it.

I kind of put the blame on Mike. If I invite someone over for a meal and they sit there refusing everything; I'd probably think that person was rude. However, if Mike had told them before going there about her issue then there would have been no problem.

But Mike doesn't seem that bright. He repeated the same mistake when they were looking for a wedding site. She refused to try any of the food. I don't think Mike cares; he's just happy when he's eating.

im sure the whole thing is staged. Beside Mike and Aziza, the whole thing about the guy's ex-wife asking about birth control. Thats so fake. That couple seems somewhat believable and I think the producers chose that angle with the ex wife to get the drama in.

♥ Our K-1 Journey ♥
11/24/2012 - I-129F submitted via UPS (Vermont Service Center)
11/27/2012 - NOA1

06/05/2013- NOA2

06/10/2013-NVC received our case

06/14/2013-MTL case number assigned

06/17/2013-Case sent to Montreal

06/19/2013-Logged at Montreal

06/21/2013-Packet 3 sent out

06/27/2013- Packet 4 sent out

08/30/2013- Interview Montreal
09/09/2013-POE- Grand Portage, MN.

09/10/2013-at home in Kentucky

10/12/2013- we are MARRIED!

♥ Our AOS Journey ♥

11/21/2013 - submitted via USPS

11/27/2013-NOA1

12/23/2013-Biometrics appt. Louisville

01/24/2014-EAD/AP approved (65 days)

01/30/2014-EAD/AP mailed out, USPS 2 day tracking number assigned

02/01/2014-EAD/AP combo card arrived in the mail

03/04/2014- Used Advance Parole document to re-enter after a visit to Canada (without any issues)!

03/09/2014- checked USCIS website and saw update saying "Card/Document production" for I-485

03/13/2014-AOS approved. Received Welcome Letter (i-797)

03/17/2014-Green Card arrived in the mail

♥ Our ROC Journey ♥

12/17/2015-Mailed pkg. via USPS
12/22/2015 -NOA1

1/21/2016-Biometrics appt. Louisville

9/8/2016- INFOPass appt for I-551 stamp

3/3/2017-Filed online service request

3/3/2017- ROC approved. (Online status never changed)

3/9/2017- Rec'd approval letter in mail. 

3/21/2017- Text and emails stating card was mailed out

3/24/2017- Rec'd Greencard in the mail

The sun sets on this ocean, never once on my devotion - Eddie Vedder

I kind of put the blame on Mike. If I invite someone over for a meal and they sit there refusing everything; I'd probably think that person was rude. However, if Mike had told them before going there about her issue then there would have been no problem.

But Mike doesn't seem that bright. He repeated the same mistake when they were looking for a wedding site. She refused to try any of the food. I don't think Mike cares; he's just happy when he's eating.

That was my thinking to. How does he expect her to try the food there, when she's got a thing about eating in front of people? Also the look on her face when they walked in, told me no way did she want this place.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

That was my thinking to. How does he expect her to try the food there, when she's got a thing about eating in front of people? Also the look on her face when they walked in, told me no way did she want this place.

And the owner of the place had the same look as the family did. Mike keeps taking her to places where there is food and he knows she won't eat. So, he sets her up to look bad. But he doesn't mind; he just sits there eating.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Mike is a tardo.

Sure, a paid tardo,

but still, a tardo.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think the show was filmed something like last August, so it's entirely possible- I'm still in AOS document assembly phase, but isn't it like 3-4 months?

wow I thought you didn't get the green card for over a year, thought that was why we can do EAD and AP, now im confused

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

wow I thought you didn't get the green card for over a year, thought that was why we can do EAD and AP, now im confused

Timelines vary greatly. Apply for EAD/AP in case it does take a year. Lots more info in the AOS from family visas forum about the particulars.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

And the owner of the place had the same look as the family did. Mike keeps taking her to places where there is food and he knows she won't eat. So, he sets her up to look bad. But he doesn't mind; he just sits there eating.

Isn't that the way most guys are? Put a plate of food in front of them and they forget the world. (I'm not a guy, but, I'm like that too.... don't talk to me while I'm eating because you're wasting your breath.)

Yeah, Aziza'a reaction about the hall! I dunno what she expected for putting together a wedding in 90 days. She's lucky she doesn't have to do it at the Y.

has anyone gone to the TLC website and watched the Web episodes of the 5th couple (Len and a Ukrainian girl) who did not make the show??

OMG. As awful as the show is, if they had THAT couple on it, it would be unbearable. I could only watch 2 of the clips.

♥ Our K-1 Journey ♥
11/24/2012 - I-129F submitted via UPS (Vermont Service Center)
11/27/2012 - NOA1

06/05/2013- NOA2

06/10/2013-NVC received our case

06/14/2013-MTL case number assigned

06/17/2013-Case sent to Montreal

06/19/2013-Logged at Montreal

06/21/2013-Packet 3 sent out

06/27/2013- Packet 4 sent out

08/30/2013- Interview Montreal
09/09/2013-POE- Grand Portage, MN.

09/10/2013-at home in Kentucky

10/12/2013- we are MARRIED!

♥ Our AOS Journey ♥

11/21/2013 - submitted via USPS

11/27/2013-NOA1

12/23/2013-Biometrics appt. Louisville

01/24/2014-EAD/AP approved (65 days)

01/30/2014-EAD/AP mailed out, USPS 2 day tracking number assigned

02/01/2014-EAD/AP combo card arrived in the mail

03/04/2014- Used Advance Parole document to re-enter after a visit to Canada (without any issues)!

03/09/2014- checked USCIS website and saw update saying "Card/Document production" for I-485

03/13/2014-AOS approved. Received Welcome Letter (i-797)

03/17/2014-Green Card arrived in the mail

♥ Our ROC Journey ♥

12/17/2015-Mailed pkg. via USPS
12/22/2015 -NOA1

1/21/2016-Biometrics appt. Louisville

9/8/2016- INFOPass appt for I-551 stamp

3/3/2017-Filed online service request

3/3/2017- ROC approved. (Online status never changed)

3/9/2017- Rec'd approval letter in mail. 

3/21/2017- Text and emails stating card was mailed out

3/24/2017- Rec'd Greencard in the mail

The sun sets on this ocean, never once on my devotion - Eddie Vedder