Mupp N Moo

What happens if the k-1 visa fails? :(

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

OP, here is the information provided by the State Department ( for K1) and USCIS about vaccination.

State Department

Medical Examination and Vaccination Requirements

In preparing for the interview, applicants will need to schedule and complete a medical examination. Before the issuance of an immigrant or K visa, every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician. You will be provided instructions regarding medical examinations from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for your visa, including information on authorized panel physicians. See Medical Examination for more information, including a list of panel physicians by country, and frequently asked questions.

K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination. See Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#7

USCIS

Q. What will happen if I refuse to receive one or all of the required vaccines?
A. Tell the civil surgeon if you do not wish to receive the required vaccines or a particular vaccine. You should also tell the civil surgeon the reason you do not wish to receive the vaccine(s). In this case, a waiver may be available to you, but only under the following circumstances:

• You are opposed to vaccinations in any form– that is, you cannot obtain a waiver based on an objection only as to one vaccination
  • Your objection must be based on religious beliefs or moral convictions; and
  • The religious or moral beliefs must be sincere.

The form used to apply for a waiver depends on the adjustment category under which you are seeking legal permanent residence status. For example, refugees and asylees seeking adjustment of status should file Form I-602, Application by Refugee for Waiver of Grounds of Excludability. Individuals seeking adjustment of status as a result of an approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, or Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, would file Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3384cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It's not a religious exemption unless you can prove the longstanding religious edict. This will come down to personal or moral reasons. Just like you can't say you aren't allowed to meet for your "religion" unless it is actually one of the rare groups that do that (not muslims like people try to say every so often).

I did just find one that got approved. It took a year after the denial at interview.

Immigration is not a right, but a privilege, and the US gov does not want people with infections and diseases to come to the US and make the US population sick. This is for the health of the masses, not to punish an individual.

If you want to do this OP, for one shot that he probably already had, then it's going to cost a few thousand dollars and a year or more of your life.

Absolutely 100% incorrect statement. Vaccination is not required to receive K1 visa and enter US. In fact, you don't even need a waiver for this. Just do medical and go for interview without vaccinations. USCIS will requirer vaccination to adjust status once you get married in US. So, you can go for additional medical in US to Civil Surgeon and get vaccinated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Vaccination is not; I repeat NOT required for a K1 Visa; only required if you do the AOS. The issue is your going to have to due them regardless. But once again VACCINATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR K1 VISA. Some Doctors due push the vaccinations as part of their medical examination

While you are technically correct, different countries have their own requirements. As I have stated many times before, the I-134 does NOT require tax returns, however some countries DO and will not approve you without them. Similarly, some countries don't require vaccinations, some do.

OP, here is the information provided by the State Department ( for K1) and USCIS about vaccination.

State Department

In preparing for the interview, applicants will need to schedule and complete a medical examination. Before the issuance of an immigrant or K visa, every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician. You will be provided instructions regarding medical examinations from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for your visa, including information on authorized panel physicians. See Medical Examination for more information, including a list of panel physicians by country, and frequently asked questions.

K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination. See Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

USCIS

A. Tell the civil surgeon if you do not wish to receive the required vaccines or a particular vaccine. You should also tell the civil surgeon the reason you do not wish to receive the vaccine(s). In this case, a waiver may be available to you, but only under the following circumstances:

• You are opposed to vaccinations in any form– that is, you cannot obtain a waiver based on an objection only as to one vaccination

The form used to apply for a waiver depends on the adjustment category under which you are seeking legal permanent residence status. For example, refugees and asylees seeking adjustment of status should file Form I-602, Application by Refugee for Waiver of Grounds of Excludability. Individuals seeking adjustment of status as a result of an approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, or Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, would file Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3384cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

As I stated above, it is true that the K1 does not technically require vaccinations, however some countries enforce their own rules.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jehovah witness.

Jehovah Witness do not object to vaccinations. I was one for 16 years and had all of mine as needed. So there would have had to be a different reason for notg etting them.

K1 - Complete
05/01/2011 - Met online
09/15/2011 - Met in person
11/12/2011 - Became engaged
07/09/2012 - Finally got to put His Ring on my finger
02/04/2013 - Mailed off my documents to my fiance
02/13/2013 - Fiance received my documents
03/30/2013 - I-129F sent
04/05/2013 - NOA 1
07/10/2013 - File Transferred to Texas
07/24/2013 - NOA 2
08/23/2013 - USCIS-NVC - Case number received
08/27/2013 - NVC-Consulate
09/03/2013 - Packet 3
09/04/2013 - Packet 4
09/10/2013 - Medical (Passed)
09/12/2013 - Interview (Approved)
09/17/2013 - Visa in hand
11/02/2013 - Border crossing at Sweetgrass completed
11/05/2013 - Arrived in San Antonio
11/16/2013 - Married in San Antonio

Adjustment of Status

04/25/2014 - AOS packaged mailed to Chicago Lock Box.

05/15/2014 - NoA1 received for Aos and EA. AP rejected.

06/16/2014 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/2014 - EA card now in production.

07/10/2014 - EA Card received. YAY JOB HUNTING

08/13/2014 - Letter received staging possible interview waiver and no action for antoher 6 months

03/03/2015 - Apparently we are still within normal processing times and need to wait 87 days

04/27/2015 - RFE - Renew medical, Send some other documents

05/04/2015 - Medical redone

05/07/2015 - RFE request sent back to USCIS

05/08/2015 - RFE request received at USCIS

05/11/2015 - Green card IN PRODUCTION!!!!

05/11/2015 - Welcome letter Mailed!

05/14/2015 - Welcome Letter Received

05/18/2015 - Green Card Received!! FINALLY!!!!

Timeline

Absolutely 100% incorrect statement. Vaccination is not required to receive K1 visa and enter US. In fact, you don't even need a waiver for this. Just do medical and go for interview without vaccinations. USCIS will requirer vaccination to adjust status once you get married in US. So, you can go for additional medical in US to Civil Surgeon and get vaccinated.

Absolutely NOT 100% incorrect. Again, IT DEPENDS ON THE COUNTRY!! Some require it, some do not. Australia required that I be up to date. Mexico doesn't even give you the option and does NOT give ANY shots. The UK requires shots but will waive the Varicella because they don't have the vaccine there... it means seeing a CS when you get the US which for some is an expensive endeavor!

Filed: Timeline

I guess the US embassy in UK needs to update their website then:

Note: K visa applicants will not be required to meet the vaccination requirements at the time of the visa interview. They will, however, be required to meet the requirements at the time they apply for an adjustment of status with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Well I am a witness {not JW either}, an example. I have 4 children we do not immunize and has never contracted the disease. Eat a plant based diet and follow all the health laws and God promises to not put those diseases upon you.

No, they did not get anything because other parents around you gave their kids the shots.

Why dont you go for a month in India and see how powerful God really is?

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Jehovah Witness do not object to vaccinations. I was one for 16 years and had all of mine as needed. So there would have had to be a different reason for notg etting them.

The got their waivers citing their religious objections. It was taken on face value.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Vaccination is not; I repeat NOT required for a K1 Visa; only required if you do the AOS. The issue is your going to have to due them regardless. But once again VACCINATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR K1 VISA. Some Doctors due push the vaccinations as part of their medical examination

good.gif

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Absolutely NOT 100% incorrect. Again, IT DEPENDS ON THE COUNTRY!! Some require it, some do not. Australia required that I be up to date. Mexico doesn't even give you the option and does NOT give ANY shots. The UK requires shots but will waive the Varicella because they don't have the vaccine there... it means seeing a CS when you get the US which for some is an expensive endeavor!

The UK. does NOT require shots.

event.png

Timeline

The UK. does NOT require shots.

I'll take your word for it :)

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

State Department

USCIS

Finally some evidence..thank you!

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Timeline

No, they did not get anything because other parents around you gave their kids the shots.

Why dont you go for a month in India and see how powerful God really is?

Guess what if God leads me there...and my children they guess what he will protect...Again Vax DO NOT cure or prevent they actually spread. Besides if everyone in the US is vaxed then why are people so worried about the unvaxed, let's use our heads and think. The unvaxed are more at risk to be infected by those vaxed.

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Timeline

Despite all the usual nonsense that seems to get discussed every time somebody asks a question about vaccine waivers, nobody has answered the original posters question, so I will try.

It is my understanding that if you try to obtain the visa without having the vaccines then you will be denied ad thus you will not be allowed to enter the USA until a successful waiver application has been approved, at least this is what I was told by the officer when I was denied. Your visa type may be different to mine but I think I am correct and the situation will be the same.

To all the people that love to argue about vaccines I recommend you do whatever works for you. The vaccine waiver is available and contrary to popular misconceptions, it is able to obtained.

Forget about how much it costs for the waiver, forget about using a lawyer, you don't really need one but if you really insist on one then I am sure there are plenty that are willing to take large sums of money from you to fill in a few bits of paper for you, but be warned you are putting your future in there hands, so make sure you pick a good one. Forget about how long it takes to process, and forget about what happens if you are not successful. If you are really, really genuine about your beliefs in regards to vaccines, which is what the vaccine waiver requirement requires. Then all of the above things, and the possibility of not entering America will not matter to you. If you are seriously going to be worried about any of the above then maybe you shouldn't apply for a vaccine waiver. Work out what is important to you, if your beliefs are genuine then you will go through with it. If not, and time and money are more important to you, then hey, just get the vaccines and then go and re-evaluate yourself, and also do some serious detoxing.

I went for the waiver with a clear heart and a clear mind fully aware of the consequences. Yes i was fearful of those consequences but I was willing to accept them and not let them force me into doing something that I do not believe is right. My wife stood by me and supported and shared my beliefs. We followed the rules and did what was required. We were in America 5 weeks after being denied.

Amen well said Glory to God. BTW this is for all those that make the comment about love in comparison to Vax. I have seen it posted that if they love you enough they will get them...no...if they love you they will not, true test of faith and it shows that they want to live long.

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

Guess what if God leads me there...and my children they guess what he will protect...Again Vax DO NOT cure or prevent they actually spread. Besides if everyone in the US is vaxed then why are people so worried about the unvaxed, let's use our heads and think. The unvaxed are more at risk to be infected by those vaxed.

OMG!!! As John Stossel would say....."Give me a break!"

GOD gave us minds. Let's use them, shall we?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.