Mupp N Moo

What happens if the k-1 visa fails? :(

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance and I have been worrying about what will happen if his K-1 gets denied for any reason. He does not want to get the vaccines that are required and will fill out the waiver for that, but if our visa gets denied will he be barred from entering the US to see me on a tourist visa?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Yes. A visa denial means he will not be able to use the VWP. Without being able to use the VWP and having no US visa, he cannot enter the US.

However, you are jumping the gun. It's normal to request a waiver of the vaccine requirements. Lots of people don't believe in them and are not forced to have them. This alone is not a reason to deny the K-1.

It is not normal to request a waiver and many people are denied. You should look into moving to the UK.

You know, he probably only needs one booster of a vaccine he has already had. If he won't take it then his visa will be denied because he is inadmissible to the US. Then you will have to file a waiver and pay money, and wait many more months to see if it gets approved. A waiver isn't something you should file alone, so you should hire a lawyer and pay even more money to craft a good package. And all this time he won't be able to visit you.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

It is not normal to request a waiver and many people are denied. You should look into moving to the UK.

Got proof? How do you know that many people are denied?

Do you really think US immigration wants to get into a quagmire like a religious objection to vaccinations? No. The US would rather give a pass to avoid the religious issue.

Edited by aaron2020

Got proof? How do you know that many people are denied?

Never heard of one being approved, you?

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Actually, I read a persons account on another site of it working for them by having a religious leader sign the waiver for them. So there's atleast one person in the world that it's worked for. But I'd like to hear from other people on the topic- we're so afraid that things will go wrong.

Timeline

Never heard of one being approved, you?

You are the one stating that many people are denied. What is your basis for this aside from your opinion?

Yes, I have know people who have gotten the waiver because of religious objections.

It's not a religious exemption unless you can prove the longstanding religious edict. This will come down to personal or moral reasons. Just like you can't say you aren't allowed to meet for your "religion" unless it is actually one of the rare groups that do that (not muslims like people try to say every so often).

I did just find one that got approved. It took a year after the denial at interview.

Immigration is not a right, but a privilege, and the US gov does not want people with infections and diseases to come to the US and make the US population sick. This is for the health of the masses, not to punish an individual.

If you want to do this OP, for one shot that he probably already had, then it's going to cost a few thousand dollars and a year or more of your life.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

You are the one stating that many people are denied. What is your basis for this aside from your opinion?

Yes, I have know people who have gotten the waiver because of religious objections.

Just out of curiousity what religion were they?

Timeline

It's not a religious exemption unless you can prove the longstanding religious edict. This will come down to personal or moral reasons. Just like you can't say you aren't allowed to meet for your "religion" unless it is actually one of the rare groups that do that (not muslims like people try to say every so often).

I did just find one that got approved. It took a year after the denial at interview.

Immigration is not a right, but a privilege, and the US gov does not want people with infections and diseases to come to the US and make the US population sick. This is for the health of the masses, not to punish an individual.

If you want to do this OP, for one shot that he probably already had, then it's going to cost a few thousand dollars and a year or more of your life.

Where did you find the one that got approved? He's coming from England and hasn't had a vaccine since he was 13. It was one of those six shot booters... Ever since he's had a choice he hasn't gone to doctors or taken medicine. He's been a vegetarian/vegan for 30+ years.

Timeline

Seriously dude. How many time are you going to present your opinions as facts? This morning it was that F2a cannot do concurrent filing starting Aug. 1. Now this. Once again, I ask for your proof. You are just trying to present your opinions as facts.

Here is an interesting thread from a few years ago about this; http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/389175-vaccination-requirement-waiver/page-3?hl=%2Bvaccines+%2Bwaiver#entry5797302

Read what Daca has to say.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

You are best off contacting the local Consulate or USCIS. Like most topics on here, no one has any concrete proof saying X can happen or Y can happen. If you have a serious question that goes beyond a simple "what do I put on line 4 on the i-134 form" you should try and get your answers from immigration services or immigration law professional.

Timeline

Seriously dude. How many time are you going to present your opinions as facts? This morning it was that F2a cannot do concurrent filing starting Aug. 1. Now this. Once again, I ask for your proof. You are just trying to present your opinions as facts.

Here is an interesting thread from a few years ago about this; http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/389175-vaccination-requirement-waiver/page-3?hl=%2Bvaccines+%2Bwaiver#entry5797302

Read what Daca has to say.

Thank you for posting that link! It gave us so much hope:) He too is doing it for moral reasons. Really, thank you:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.