jrh39

People that still waiting for NVC case number

319 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Gowon -

interspersed in my bs posts here,

are actual meat-y posts of what I've had to do to chase after my casefile, my I-130 petition.

In the end, it was my ILS Human (that Immigration Liason Staffer attached to my Congressman's Office) 's intervention that got my casefile out of the local office and off to NVC, combined with the 5 trips I made into the local office on InfoPass appointments. Once it left the Dallas Office, it was 8 days for the Consular Casefile Number to get generated. (I got that today, btw)

If you aren't being 'the brass-balls' with an ISO at the USCIS National Call Center, to get yer casefile out of the local office and INTO NVC, somethings amiss.

Study my profile, you'll get some idea of my path.

Study my posts using the advanced search tool, when logged in from a PC, and you'll see the meat of my issue.

PS - I'll balance my foundation watering against yer extra state taxes and fire problems, any day, year, decade or century.

PPS - why in the h3ll did you write 'I-130 denied' ? You sent me on a 40 minute troll through your prior posts, and I not read anything about that.

Sorry about the I-130 mistake. So you beat me to NVC and I would have lost the bet you proposed - lol

I already opened case with my Congressperson.

Congrats my friend.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Will call NVC in 10 hours to resume my daily inquiry for a case number. At least I know they have our case. Now just waiting for the number.

I'm in the same boat. Found out today that NVC has my case. Waiting for the case number now. I'll keep buzzing them daily

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Does it seem that NVC is taking longer than usual to receive the file from USCIS, upload it, and send out next forms?

I got my NOA2 on March 15th, they didn't receive my file until about 3 or 4 weeks after that. I called yesterday (now 8 weeks later) they said they put it into their system 9 days ago, and still I have not received anything from them. I did get my Case Number thought through the phone.

Is this normal?

heart.gifMrs Night Rider

01/09/2013 Married Mr Night Rider

USCIS

01/11/13 (day 1) Mailed I-130 Petition

01/16/13 (day 7) Case Received by USCIS (NOA1)

03/15/13 (day 74) Petition approved (NOA2)

NVC

05/01/13 (day 121) Case finally loaded into system

05/10/13 (day 130) AOS Fee Invoice received and paid

05/24/13 DS-230 and i-864 Sponsor forms submitted

06/13/13 Error made on i-864 (put wrong number in gross income) (this was a huge hassle!!)

06/26/13 New i-864 form mailed in

07/26/13 Case was completed

07/31/13 Interview scheduled!

08/22/13 Doctor's appointment

09/05/13 Interview

09/12/13 Arrive in USA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

we received our NOA2 on April 26th, NVC says i need to wait 15 business days before our application is in their system

Lol good luck with that. I'm going on 46 days... Nothing yet!! Which is funny because my I-130 was approved in 55 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Got our noa2 for k1 on April 11 and still no case number. Nvc told me to send a scanned copy to nvcresearch@state.gov and the other customer service rep said it takes 90 days to get a case number I can call back in 60 days. For real? She's crazy. I'm going to send the scanned copy for research.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

my wife's noa2 was approved on march 1st 2013. no case numbe yet. i had appointment at newark, nj uscis office. officer told me that they dont send approved applications individually so they put hsve to wait for box to be filled up. its very frustrating.

If I may ask a related question...

What is the part of the process that takes longest? I assume it's the wait from NOA1 to NOA2?

After NOA2, there is some delay for NVC case number. And once you get the NVC case number, how long does the NVC process take?

And then when it gets to the embassy, approximately how much longer until visa is in hand? Just a ballpark figure, I assume each embassy is different.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

we are in the same situation. recommended to do the following. We are considering whether it is necessary to reach

What Types of Problems Can the Ombudsman Help Me With?

The Ombudsman may be able to help if:

• You are facing an emergency or hardship caused by a mistake, error, or delay by USCIS.
  • You are experiencing a problem with your application or petition that you have not been able to resolve with USCIS.
  • Your application or petition is pending beyond USCIS processing times.

The Ombudsman is not able to help if:

• You are seeking legal advice. The Ombudsman does not provide legal advice.
  • You are seeking assistance with an issue that does not involve USCIS. The Ombudsman’s authority is limited to assisting with problems that relate to USCIS applications, petitions, or services.

NOTE: While the Ombudsman’s Office provides impartial and independent recommendations to USCIS on how to resolve problems, the Ombudsman’s Office does not have the statutory authority to make or change USCIS decisions.

Submitting a Request for Help to the Ombudsman

If you have tried the USCIS customer service options but still need help resolving a problem with an application or petition, you can ask the Ombudsman’s Office for help by taking the following steps:

OR

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If I may ask a related question...

What is the part of the process that takes longest? I assume it's the wait from NOA1 to NOA2?

After NOA2, there is some delay for NVC case number. And once you get the NVC case number, how long does the NVC process take?

And then when it gets to the embassy, approximately how much longer until visa is in hand? Just a ballpark figure, I assume each embassy is different.

From what I was told, it was suppose to take longer for my noa1 to noa2, but getting my NVC case number is taking longer.

Once you get the NVC case number, the process should take about 3 weeks, but that depends on how ready you are with you AOS paperwork and your tax paperwork. The longer you take to get those to them the longer it will obviously take them to process.

Sometimes visa is given to you during the interview, sometimes they will tell you to go home and it can take anywhere from 2 days to 2 years!!

This is just what I've seen my friends go through so if anyone has a personal experience they should tell about it!

Good luck!

Approved on April 22 and still waiting for our case number. :) I pray and declare we will receive it soon, guys.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.