jrh39

People that still waiting for NVC case number

319 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks...I'm going to do everything you suggested. Calling USCIS today and asking for a tier 2 person. And yes I will start writing down names or ID's of people I speak to.

Good luck with that, here's been my day so far:

Spoke with NVC, still no arrival.

Spoke with USCIS, after going through everything to talk to someone, and going through the usual questions on their script, then they asked if I had any more questions. Then I started my script, which I'll leave here for anyone that wants to use it:

Well, I've contacted the NVC, and it hasn't been received yet, and I understand there is a bit of a disconnect, as the NVC says it takes 15 days to recieve it from the USCIS, while the USCIS says it takes 60-90 days to reach the NVC. I also know that petitioners that have had their approvals at the same time and after me have already been processed through the NVC, and others have had their petitions mistakenly sent to the NRC.

So what I would like to know is exactly where my case is right now, and I understand you do not have that information, so could you please connect me to a tier 2 person so I can find out? Thank you.

I always try to sound as nice, polite and as patient as possible.

So I was put on hold for a tier 2, and then, magically, they were having technical issues and couldn't transfer me! I was then asked if I would like to put in a service request (note, this takes 3-5 days to call you back, IF they call back.) I said, well, I can just call back later. She suggested I call back in 3-5 hours (yeah, right. they will be closed by then.)

I wonder if they avoid anyone that knows what's going on, because they can't give a BS excuse.

Anyway, I'll be trying again shortly....

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I did the same thing, called USCIS, got on the line with a tier 2 and she was looking the case up and I was disconnected. I called back and explained I was just on the line with a Tier 2 and she said "well, we can call you back in 3-5 business days or you can call us back in 2 hours or so as I'm unable to transfer you at this time" ARGH!ranting33va.gif

Timeline

I did the same thing, called USCIS, got on the line with a tier 2 and she was looking the case up and I was disconnected. I called back and explained I was just on the line with a Tier 2 and she said "well, we can call you back in 3-5 business days or you can call us back in 2 hours or so as I'm unable to transfer you at this time" ARGH!ranting33va.gif

hmmm...anyone else have this happen? I may ask this on another forum too, see if anyone else is having this problem today.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

headbonk.gif

So I called back, after an hour and a half on hold I finally got to talk to someone. She was unimpressed. She said it's only been a couple of weeks.So she took my information (name, address, etc) and said she'd send an order to CSC and tell them to send the file to NVC. I asked what if it's sitting out at the NRC and she said it's not, we know where it is. I asked so it hasn't been sent out yet? she said "you'll get a letter from CSC about the end of the month saying that they sent it to the NVC, wait for that letter" and hung up on me.protest6wz.gif

Timeline

headbonk.gif

So I called back, after an hour and a half on hold I finally got to talk to someone. She was unimpressed. She said it's only been a couple of weeks.So she took my information (name, address, etc) and said she'd send an order to CSC and tell them to send the file to NVC. I asked what if it's sitting out at the NRC and she said it's not, we know where it is. I asked so it hasn't been sent out yet? she said "you'll get a letter from CSC about the end of the month saying that they sent it to the NVC, wait for that letter" and hung up on me.protest6wz.gif

I'm on hold for a tier 2 right now, I wonder if I'll get the same line.....

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

OMG that sooooo sucks. I'd try again tomorrow. I hope you can get through tomorrow and get some answers for both of us. sad.png Much sympathy.

Don't have much of a choice, the closed message is on. I think that's why it hung up... thing is, they aren't supposed to be closed for another 15 minutes from when it happened!

protest6wz.gif

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Hi vjs member got our approved on april 24 and still waiting for the case number too... wait wait wait hopefully by d end of this month :)

USCIS:

Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-05-08

2012/12/24 : Send I-130

2012/12/27 : NOA1

2013/03/26 : Request For Evidence (RFE)

2013/04/03 : Request For Evidence (send)

2013/04/24 : NOA2 Approved

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (NVC):

2013/06/26 : NVC Receive Case File

2013/07/02 : Case Number Assigned

2013/07/03 : DS-3032/DS-261 (Send Via Email Using VJ Templates)

2013/07/09 : AOS Bill Invoiced & Pay

2013/07/11 : AOS Bill (Status Paid)

2013/07/13 : AOS Pakage (send)

2013/07/16 : AOS Pakage (Received by NVC)

2013/07/18 : DS-3032 Accepted

2013/07/19 : IV Fee Bill (invoiced)

2013/07/20 : IV Fee Bill (Pay)

2013/07/24 : IV Fee Bill (Status Paid) and IV Pakage Send

2013/07/26 : IV Pakage (Received by NVC)

2013/08/08 : AOS Accepted

2013/08/21 : DS-230 IV Checklist & IV Checklist Send

2013/09/01 : DS-230 Replace to DS/260 and DS-3032 to DS-261 Online form

2013/09/12 : DS-260 IV Online Form Fill up and Submit

2013/09/19 : Case Completed at NVC

2013/09/26 : Case Complete Confirmation Email

2013/10/02 : Received Appointment/Interview Letter Via Email

MANILA CONSULATE:

2013/10/29,30 : Medical PASSED

2013/11/14 : Interview (APPROVED & ISSUED)

2013/11/19 : Visa Available For Pick Up At (MOA)

2013/11/20 : Visa In Hand

2013/12/02 : POE (Los Angeles CA.)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (ROC) STATUS I-751

2015/09/10: Receipt Notice

2015/10/08: Biometrics

2016/04/04: New Card Is Being Produced (status at uscis)

Timeline

So, after over an hour wait to talk to a tier 2, here’s what happened:

First she tells me that it’s been approved, and will be sent to NVC, but also tells me that in some cases, it doesn’t get sent to the NVC at all, and can be sent directly to the consulate, and I should also check with them.

I said, how would it get an GUZ number if it’s not sent to the NVC first?

She really didn’t answer that, and switched to saying that it would get sent to the NVC.

I explained to her that it doesn’t make sense, since half the petitions that were approved on my date were already at the NVC, and they had all arrived by may 10th.

Then she said it depends on the country….so I pointed out to her that there were some countries that had arrived while others from the same countries hadn’t.

She said that each case was different…. I said they were all I-129F cases, all approved on the same day.

She asked me if I had placed a service request… I told her I had one pending with the NVC, but I would like to have one for the USCIS as well.

Then she said she couldn’t put in a service request until 30 days after the approval date, and I could call back then.

I asked if she could at least tell me where my application was right now? She told me that after approval, there is nothing more logged about the case, so she didn’t know.

As this was going nowhere, I ended the call….Then I made another call…

I called up the Senator’s office and spoke to the immigration person again. I explained everything that had transpired, and why I was frustrated. She had received an email from USCIS saying my application had been approved, and it would be sent to the NVC, and would arrive in 3-6 weeks.

I went over my frustrations again, about how half of the applications were already at the NVC, so why do I have to wait that long?

Her reply was that she honestly has no idea why the USCIS does thing the way they do them, and it really doesn’t make any sense sometimes. But because they gave her a timeline of 3-6 weeks, she can’t really do anything more until it’s been over 6 weeks. She said if it’s not at the NVC by the end of May, then to let her know and they will get the paperwork ready to do another inquiry.

So, until then, I just have to keep calling the NVC every day, so I will know when it arrives.mad.gif

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

OMG. I'm frustrated for ALL of us and so now the tier 2 people are rude and useless, as well? And three to six weeks????? That's ludicrous! This was suppose to be the easiest step in the journey. After a long wait for NOA2's our petitions were suppose to zip through the NVC process and get case numbers and then on to the journey ahead with our perspective consulates. Whew. This is ridiculous, there isn't even any consistency in all the answers NVC and USCIS are giving. And when did it start taking so long? Does anyone know the process our petitions go through to get to NVC? I can't understand how some went through so fast without a hitch and some of us are lingering. BTW.... My status online at USCIS still says initial review. What a messed up system. Groan! 5 weeks and starting week 6. I didn't try calling today with some of you getting disconnected and treated so rudely. I'll get at them Monday and report what happens.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This situation is disappointing, I'm frustrated. 46 days and I'm still waiting for the nvc have my approval. helpsmilie.gif

I know it is disheartening. We'll lean on each other and encourage one another. Remember, in spite of all this, one day..... very soon..... our loved one will be with us.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

My i-130 was approved on April 05, 2013, USCIS/NBC-Mo, after 4 weeks i made an e-mail inquiry to NVC on May 03, 2013, NVC replied 11 days after May 14, 2013 stating that they can not locate my petition and do not have any record of receiving it, they also said that they will correspond with USCIS in my behalf and ask me to attach a copy of I-797, NOA2/approval notice, I did what they instructed me to do, until now, 45 days after approval, and 6 days after e-mailing them the copy of my I-797, nobody contact me or my petitioner as to what development regarding my case. This is really shady if we stakeholders did not file on time we are being penalized to the extent of revocation of benefits sought, if they are the one who does not acted on their promise especially the time frame they supposed to be, we are kept on the dark in the mercy of their power and not even single apology or explanation why it was so, and i thought we are their stakeholders that they serve....so sad.....any comments or advice to lighten up the shady part of US immigration system.....

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

This situation is disappointing, I'm frustrated. 46 days and I'm still waiting for the nvc have my approval. helpsmilie.gif

this means we stakeholders are meaningless to them and i thought the mission and vision of US immigration is reunification of family......how.....and how much longer????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.