jrh39

People that still waiting for NVC case number

319 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck with that, here's been my day so far:

Spoke with NVC, still no arrival.

Spoke with USCIS, after going through everything to talk to someone, and going through the usual questions on their script, then they asked if I had any more questions. Then I started my script, which I'll leave here for anyone that wants to use it:

I always try to sound as nice, polite and as patient as possible.

So I was put on hold for a tier 2, and then, magically, they were having technical issues and couldn't transfer me! I was then asked if I would like to put in a service request (note, this takes 3-5 days to call you back, IF they call back.) I said, well, I can just call back later. She suggested I call back in 3-5 hours (yeah, right. they will be closed by then.)

I wonder if they avoid anyone that knows what's going on, because they can't give a BS excuse.

Anyway, I'll be trying again shortly....

we are all in the mercy of their power, their biggest card on the deck, is get smart and your loved one will be waiting eternally.....just accept the fact that they are the lord of the family re-unification blessed by higher echelon, maybe they wil lessen up a little bit the time to be with our loved ones...so sad

Timeline

Good luck with that, here's been my day so far:

Spoke with NVC, still no arrival.

Spoke with USCIS, after going through everything to talk to someone, and going through the usual questions on their script, then they asked if I had any more questions. Then I started my script, which I'll leave here for anyone that wants to use it:

I always try to sound as nice, polite and as patient as possible.

So I was put on hold for a tier 2, and then, magically, they were having technical issues and couldn't transfer me! I was then asked if I would like to put in a service request (note, this takes 3-5 days to call you back, IF they call back.) I said, well, I can just call back later. She suggested I call back in 3-5 hours (yeah, right. they will be closed by then.)

I wonder if they avoid anyone that knows what's going on, because they can't give a BS excuse.

Anyway, I'll be trying again shortly....

Timeline

to all of us, i think we need to write a letter to our senators, legislators, attorney general, big wigs of USCIS and NVC and share to them our story. The big question is how long they will respond? or they will respond to their stakeholders who are us...so sad....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

to all of us, i think we need to write a letter to our senators, legislators, attorney general, big wigs of USCIS and NVC and share to them our story. The big question is how long they will respond? or they will respond to their stakeholders who are us...so sad....

Anything we do now will not benefit us because bureaucracy works at a snails pace. Next years petitioner might see some changes if they are lucky but for us currently stuck in the mud it would do very little to help our case.

Also once people clear this hurdle they never look back. Things only get fixed if we keep pressing the issue but interest in this crusade dies once it does not affect us anymore. In all honesty I would not give it a second thought once I got passed it. I would look at it as something that I just had to deal with, unfortunately.

12-14-2012 I-130 Submitted
12-17-2012 NOA1
12-21-2012 Touched
03-21-2013 NOA2 (94 days)

05-23-2013 Received at NVC (63 days)

06-10-2013 AoS Invoice Paid

06-12-2013 AoS Delivered

07-03-2013 AoS Approved

06-17-2013 IV Invoice Paid

06-24-2013 IV Delivered

07-17-2013 IV Approved

07-17-2013 NVC Case Complete (54 days)

07-31-2013 Received Interview email (dated 07-30-2013)

09-04-2013 Interview (Approved)

Timeline

Tageras, i think you are correct, and i have high expectation to USA, now i am having a second tought of migrating to the Land of Opportunity, I think, it is better here in the Philippines where i can rub elbows with local beaurecrats vis a vis in the Land of Honey where you suffer the same thing with a guaranteed incentive.....DISCRIMINATION....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

After 57 days, my case has FINALLY reached the NVC! The representative told me to wait for the case number.

Anyone have any idea how long that takes? I'm assuming 7-10 business days?

Thanks and good luck to all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was mentally pumped to call NVC Monday and USCIS and deal with those people and insist on talking to a tier two person...however, when I called they had my case and gave me my case number. I was on hold so long I almost hung up but so glad I stuck with it. She said it just got logged in Friday and to give it some time for administrative processing. I asked her what is that? She said the process it goes through there at NVC. I asked how long does it take and she told me she doesn't know. I asked if every case went through administrative processing and she said yes. But....if I remember from reading many posts here on VJ adminastrative processing is a bad thing. AP. Is that right? Are they doing more investigating? Or are they just "processing" it on to Lagos? I just can't bear more stress of waiting on some type of decision again. Anyone know?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I was mentally pumped to call NVC Monday and USCIS and deal with those people and insist on talking to a tier two person...however, when I called they had my case and gave me my case number. I was on hold so long I almost hung up but so glad I stuck with it. She said it just got logged in Friday and to give it some time for administrative processing. I asked her what is that? She said the process it goes through there at NVC. I asked how long does it take and she told me she doesn't know. I asked if every case went through administrative processing and she said yes. But....if I remember from reading many posts here on VJ adminastrative processing is a bad thing. AP. Is that right? Are they doing more investigating? Or are they just "processing" it on to Lagos? I just can't bear more stress of waiting on some type of decision again. Anyone know?

I think all cases go through some kind of AP...it's additional checks by the FBI. from what I've seen, it typically takes a few days, like 3-5 so I wouldn't worry unless it starts going longer than that. Then it will get sent off to the consulate so it should go quick now, unless there is some reason they need to do more investigation than usual.

There's a pinned post at the top of this forum, on AP, you can take a look at that for more info.

Realistically, you should be very happy, its another step forward!

After 57 days, my case has FINALLY reached the NVC! The representative told me to wait for the case number.

I think you would get your case number really quick, try calling again today!

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

we got our NOA2 April 29 and received a mail stating to wait within 30 days for further notice. if it's beyond 30 days call customer service hotline.

IR5 FOR DAD & STEPMOM

DAD

12/11/12 Sent I130

12/17/12 NOA1 Received from USCIS

04/29/13 NOA2 Approved

05/03/13 Received NOA2 thru mail (stating that approved petition is being process at NVC and wait within 30 days and if more than we can call Customer Service Hotline)

06/01/13 Received NVC Case Number

06/01/13 Sent DS 3032 thru email

06/01/13 Paid AOS Fee

06/10/13 Resent DS 3032 thru email changing subject line from Case Number to "Supervisor Review"

06/11/13 DS 3032 accepted

06/11/13 AOS filing instructions received

06/12/13 IV (DS230) Fee Invoice received

STEPMOM

12/11/12 Sent I130

04/29/13 NOA2 Approved

05/03/13 Received NOA2 thru mail (stating that approved petition is being process at NVC and wait within 30 days and if more than we can call Customer Service Hotline)

06/04/13 Received NVC Case Number

06/04/13 Sent DS 3032 thru email

06/04/13 Paid AOS Fee

06/10/13 Resent DS 3032 thru email changing subject line from Case Number to "Supervisor Review"

USEFUL LINKS:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433472-nvc-filers-june-2013/?p=6263675

Timeline

this is so long but nevertheless it reached NVC. hope you get to process faster from now on.. goodluck and update us again. thanks..

IR5 FOR DAD & STEPMOM

DAD

12/11/12 Sent I130

04/29/13 NOA2 Approved

06/01/13 Received NVC Case Number

06/01/13 Sent DS 3032 thru email

06/01/13 Paid AOS Fee

STEPMOM

12/11/12 Sent I130

04/29/13 NOA2 Approved

06/04/13 Received NVC Case Number

06/04/13 Sent DS 3032 thru email

06/04/13 Paid AOS Fee

USEFUL LINKS:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433472-nvc-filers-june-2013/?p=6263675

We got our NOA2 April 10th, 2013, Hard copy in the mail April 12th, 2013, sent a inquiry to NVCresearch after 30 days and stating that our petition was not recieved with a copy of our NOA2..recieved email response from NVC on May 17th, 2013 that they recieved our copy of our NOA2 and would contact USCIS on our behalf..Called NVC May 20th to get a update, instructed to wait 15 buisness days for a response.. called USCIS..spoke to a Tier 2 and put a inquiry in for the location of our petition and to forward it to the NVC advised to call back June 6th for a update...ughhhh..so calling NVC and USCIS every other day..as if waiting six months for our NOA2 wasnt enough..will post update when it comes.. hopefully soon..ranting33va.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We got our NOA2 April 10th, 2013, Hard copy in the mail April 12th, 2013, sent a inquiry to NVCresearch after 30 days and stating that our petition was not recieved with a copy of our NOA2..recieved email response from NVC on May 17th, 2013 that they recieved our copy of our NOA2 and would contact USCIS on our behalf..Called NVC May 20th to get a update, instructed to wait 15 buisness days for a response.. called USCIS..spoke to a Tier 2 and put a inquiry in for the location of our petition and to forward it to the NVC advised to call back June 6th for a update...ughhhh..so calling NVC and USCIS every other day..as if waiting six months for our NOA2 wasnt enough..will post update when it comes.. hopefully soon..ranting33va.gif

Jeez, that is so messed up!! What's so crazy to me is the concept of time they have. ok, wait another X days, like it's no big deal, and those days add up quickly, and months are passing, and this is supposed to be a "Quick" process.

No, I'm not willing to wait 15 days, let alone 15 hours for an answer. If they want to do something to fix it, they need to have a single number that can be tracked online, like fedex, you can see where it's at anytime. It would take a lot of pressure off them as well.

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.