jrh39

People that still waiting for NVC case number

319 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok, i just called the NVC and they finally gave me a case # over the phone...can i schedule or do anything now that i have a least a # but not the official letter?

I think you just wait for them to send it out, congratulations! I guess I'll call back and see if I get lucky...

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm still waiting for the nvc case number. 45 days and nothing. uscis left me waiting for 90 days? ashhhhhhhhhh. because other people do not wait TOO LONG?

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm still waiting for the nvc case number. 45 days and nothing. uscis left me waiting for 90 days? ashhhhhhhhhh. because other people do not wait TOO LONG?

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Can you timeline.gif .

So after your approval it took about 90 days for USCIS to send your case to NVC? You are yet to get case number and its been 45 days since case was received by NVC?

Edited by Robinhood

USC here yes.gif
------------------------------
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
01/09/2013 - Transfer to local office(Newark, NJ)
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

04/30/2013 - RFE - Properly complete and re-submit G-325A.
05/09/2013 - RFE hand delivered to Local office.

05/10/2013 - NOA2 - Newark NJ

NVC
05/13/2013 - NVC Received.
05/30/2013 - Case & IIN # Received.
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
06/04/2013 - AOS & IV bill e-mail received, generated and paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS & IV status paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS package sent
06/12/2013 - IV package sent
06/25/2013 - AOS Accepted
07/03/2013 - IV accepted
07/03/2013 - Case Complete
07/30/2013 - Interview Date received

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/02/2013 - Visa in hand

10/05/2013 - POE

My Fiance asked helped from the congressman and we found out that USCIS sent our papers to NRC not to the NVC..Almost 1 month and 2weeks waiting for my case number..:-(

I'm sorry to hear about this, Laressa. At least you found your case now. I hope it gets sent to NVC soonest! Hang in there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

yep...I'm still waiting, too. I know I posted about it here already but it's frustrating so I guess I still need to vent. NOA2 was April 11 2013. The first time I called I was told it can take up to 90 days to receive a case number which I think is baloney. The lady told me I have to wait until after 90 days to inquire about it. Sounded like wrong information to me. So I called back, of course, and was told to send the scan to the research email address. Which I did. I called again today and the lady was very rude and snappy. She asked me if my approval letter stated that my case was forwarded to the consulate in the country pertaining to our case. I said it's a K1 and it doesn't go straight to the consular... it goes to NVC for a case number. That's when she yelled at me. lol. "I KNOW THAT! BUT THATS JUST IMMIGRATIONS WAY!" she yelled into the phone. (whatever that means) Then she started rattling off some script (she was interrupting me and talking over me) about sending an email to that research email address. I told her yes, I've done that already. She replied "Oh you have? Did you get an auto response? I said yes I did. She said then I just have to give it more time. I asked if she knew what the time frame was for researching it and she yelled NO and hung up. ClockWatch2.gif Should I ask for a tier 2 person? Should I call USCIS to see if it has even left there? Sigh.... I just hope it isn't lost or at the wrong place.

yep...I'm still waiting, too. I know I posted about it here already but it's frustrating so I guess I still need to vent. NOA2 was April 11 2013. The first time I called I was told it can take up to 90 days to receive a case number which I think is baloney. The lady told me I have to wait until after 90 days to inquire about it. Sounded like wrong information to me. So I called back, of course, and was told to send the scan to the research email address. Which I did. I called again today and the lady was very rude and snappy. She asked me if my approval letter stated that my case was forwarded to the consulate in the country pertaining to our case. I said it's a K1 and it doesn't go straight to the consular... it goes to NVC for a case number. That's when she yelled at me. lol. "I KNOW THAT! BUT THATS JUST IMMIGRATIONS WAY!" she yelled into the phone. (whatever that means) Then she started rattling off some script (she was interrupting me and talking over me) about sending an email to that research email address. I told her yes, I've done that already. She replied "Oh you have? Did you get an auto response? I said yes I did. She said then I just have to give it more time. I asked if she knew what the time frame was for researching it and she yelled NO and hung up. ClockWatch2.gif Should I ask for a tier 2 person? Should I call USCIS to see if it has even left there? Sigh.... I just hope it isn't lost or at the wrong place.

It happened to my fiance too. He was being cut off while explaining the situation. And the operator was being rude to him. So he asked for the Manager.

Call USCIS, get information from their Tier 2/Manager if your case has already been sent to NVC. Then call NVC and ask for a Manager and give them that information.

Do you still remember the name of the person that was rude to you? Next time you call, ask for their name and their ID Number (if applicable) so that if they become rude to you, you'd have a name to tell / report to their supervisor.

Our case file was sent to NRC and not NVC, and we caught it right away. Don't just wait. Call both USCIS and NVC to find out where your case actually is. It worked for us. :)

Timeline

Wow, that's just...amazing... I've talked to people that seemed bored and burnt out, but nothing like this. They should identify themselves when they answer, good to jot down if you need to make a complaint. I have also talked to some genuinely nice and helpful people. sometimes, just better to call back and try to get someone else.

I think you are better off talking to tier 2, I don't think tier 1 can help at all.

NVC may not have any answers, because they know nothing until they get it. Thing is, USCIS says 60-90 days to get to NVC, and NVC says 15-20 days. One of them is wrong.

With all these stories about files going to the NRC, it seems like they are only sending a certain number of records directly to NVC, and the overflow is going to the NRC to be sent later. So it would make sense why USCIS is saying 60-90 days, because they know that they may be sitting at the NRC for a while, and the NVC customer service isn't aware of it. They just know if it's sent directly, it will be processed in 15-20 days.

Now USCIS wouldn't want people to know that they are going to the NRC, as that would piss of everyone, as some would go directly (express service) and other's would wait.

Just my theory, take it for what it's worth.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

The problem with that is that the NAO2's expire ClockWatch2.gif
The lady at NVC today told me to scan the NOA2 and send it to research...does that actually help? how long does it take them to find it that way?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks...I'm going to do everything you suggested. Calling USCIS today and asking for a tier 2 person. And yes I will start writing down names or ID's of people I speak to.

Timeline

The problem with that is that the NAO2's expire ClockWatch2.gif

The lady at NVC today told me to scan the NOA2 and send it to research...does that actually help? how long does it take them to find it that way?

No idea how long it takes to do the research, I did this myself, and got a response that it was received, but I've asked the customer support about it, and they didn't know, but it could take a couple of months, someone at NVC told me today that they get 1000's of research requests per day, so it could certainly take a long time.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.