relshamy

I am going crazy!!!!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I do suggest you email them and ask. We ere at six month, I emailed them, they told me I had been approved a month prior. However at that point my now husband was out of country so noa had been lost in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Guys, I mentioned that I am getting married in Fl and I live in Fl. It's legal for cousins to get married there. Of course, I mentioned in the form that we're cousins because it specifically asked for that plus my fiance and I have the same last name and our fathers have the same last name so it's obvious. I know it's legal in Fl to get married, but I am still worried..........

Anyways, thanks for all the replies and support from all of you. Please pray for us

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Guys, I mentioned that I am getting married in Fl and I live in Fl. It's legal for cousins to get married there. Of course, I mentioned in the form that we're cousins because it specifically asked for that plus my fiance and I have the same last name and our fathers have the same last name so it's obvious. I know it's legal in Fl to get married, but I am still worried..........

Anyways, thanks for all the replies and support from all of you. Please pray for us

If it is legal then there is no need to worry. Good luck :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am going crazy here!!! I have not heard yet from USCIS!!!! I filed May 16th got my NoA1 may 22nd and now I check USCIS website and it says they are working on May 28th!! That means I am outside normal processing time. I "thought" I filed a service request about a week ago and was expecting a reply with in 15 days only to be surprised today when I call again that they can't find that service request!!! So they have to do a new one and the 15 days will start all over again!! I honestly lost my nerves when I was speaking to the lady. I got my congressman involved and sent them an inquiry she told me they should inquire on my behalf sometime this week and by law, USCIS is supposed to respond by 10 days!!! But I am not sure if she inquired yet. I am going crazy over here. I am just sooooooooo worried. My fiance and I are cousins. Would that cause a delay? It's normal though in the middle east to get married to your cousin. Also, we'll be getting married in Fl. where they allow cousin marriages. I am sooo worried and just going crazy and really depressed now :( What should I do?? Has anyone been in a similar situation????????? :(

In USA irrespective of any STATE, by law marrying first or second cousin is not allowed, what is allowed is to marrying cousin first or second removed, I mean third or fourth or faraway cousin, the rule of law is applied strictly by USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

In USA irrespective of any STATE, by law marrying first or second cousin is not allowed, what is allowed is to marrying cousin first or second removed, I mean third or fourth or faraway cousin, the rule of law is applied strictly by USCIS.

Really? USCIS has approved applications with cousin marriage.

cousins_042505.gif

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I call Boo on your bad information. As long as it's legal in your state of residence, USCIS won't deny your application for being cousins. This has been established countless times over the years on this forum and many others.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

You can also do a service request yourself. Look at the weblink that I sent you. Although of course they still might not reply but it is worth a try.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Case.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am in the exact same boat. But what is worse is that we called USCIS twice in one day, and both people told us two different stories.

Either the NOA2 will be sent to us on Friday (6th December), or they have already sent it 3 weeks ago to the wrong address and my fiancee who is the USC has to pay $170 for it to be sent again registered mail to my correct address.

Dunno what to believe! even worse is that they gave us our NOA1 number which does not register on their website, so I cannot even track it online! :angry:

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

In the Appalachian regions of USA, a lot of times "cross" cousin marriages are allowed, but not parallel cousins.

i.e. Brother's son marrying sister's daughter is called parallel cousins. Yet, Brother's daughter marrying sister's son is called cross cousins.

http://en.wikipedia....d_cross_cousins I hope that helps.

The reason for cross cousin marriages, is that it reduces deformity, defect, and mental retardation WITHIN their offsprings. - THINK of the movie "Deliverance"

We could learn - A LOT- from our backyard neighbors.

Good luck with your process!smile.gif

E

Edited by USA-ALG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am going crazy here!!! I have not heard yet from USCIS!!!! I filed May 16th got my NoA1 may 22nd and now I check USCIS website and it says they are working on May 28th!! That means I am outside normal processing time. I "thought" I filed a service request about a week ago and was expecting a reply with in 15 days only to be surprised today when I call again that they can't find that service request!!! So they have to do a new one and the 15 days will start all over again!! I honestly lost my nerves when I was speaking to the lady. I got my congressman involved and sent them an inquiry she told me they should inquire on my behalf sometime this week and by law, USCIS is supposed to respond by 10 days!!! But I am not sure if she inquired yet. I am going crazy over here. I am just sooooooooo worried. My fiance and I are cousins. Would that cause a delay? It's normal though in the middle east to get married to your cousin. Also, we'll be getting married in Fl. where they allow cousin marriages. I am sooo worried and just going crazy and really depressed now :( What should I do?? Has anyone been in a similar situation????????? :(

If it's any consolation, I got my NOA2 after 7 months. Oh dear on the cousin fiance thingy.

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Way to misinform... and way to state the "facts"...

Seriously, if you don't know ####### you are talking about, please don't. These boards have so many knowledgeable people, but damn, there's always a couple here and there that state "facts" that are completely wrong.

By doing that you are doing a disservice to the person who asked the question as well as to the whole VJ.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Hang in there. I'm sure it will come soon. Best wishes (F)

Edited by Vicomi

K1 Visa - Dates in UK format

02/05/2012 I-129F Sent
07/05/2012 I-129F NOA1
02/11/2012 I-129F NOA2
14/11/2012 NVC Left
29/11/2012 Packet 3 Received
07/12/2012 Medical
12/12/2012 Packet 3 Sent
30/01/2013 Packet 4 Received
20/02/2013 Interview Date - Approved!
28/02/2013 Visa Received
03/06/2013 US Entry smile.png

22/06/2013 Marriage (Beautiful day) heart.gifrose.gif

AOS & EAD - Dates in US format

07/29/2013 Filing date

08/06/2013 NOA1

08/28/2013 Biometrics Apt

06/23/2014 Green Card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Inappropriate post removed, stick to the topic please.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i thought the petition didn't notify they were in fact cousins.........either way cousin marriage is looked down upon and flag for fraud

Nola123, on 05 December 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Then why are you suggesting he lie about them being cousins? It isn't illegal in many US states and to lie on the immigration forms would be very very serious.

ha ha.Good luck with our honesty

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i thought the petition didn't notify they were in fact cousins.........either way cousin marriage is looked down upon and flag for fraud

Nola123, on 05 December 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Then why are you suggesting he lie about them being cousins? It isn't illegal in many US states and to lie on the immigration forms would be very very serious.

ha ha.Good luck with our honesty

There was another person posting in the thread who was suggesting lying to the government, and that poster has been banned from this thread. That is the person you quoted above who said: 'ha ha. Good luck with our honesty'.

I can't comment on the part where those cases are flagged for fraud. Perhaps others who have had the same experience can give their feedback. Marrying cousins is a common enough occurrence in several societies, and in fact, is legal in several American states as well.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.