Mariana17

Dennied under 212 a 6 c 1 !! DON'T KNOW HOW TO PROVE I DIDN'T DO IT!

55 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

So I was denied under 212 (a) (6) © (i) section but it's all a misunderstanding and that's why I'm so upset about all this. I don't want to sound like a victim but is not fair what I'm going through ..

I was on a student exchange visa in the USA when I met muy fiancè... then When my student visa expired my boyfriend invited me to stray with him for a few months while He was off. So I came back to Mexico and went back to the US on my Tourist visa (that I got 6 years ago). I basically moved in with my boyfriend .. but I never wanted to have problems with immigration so, I never overstayed my tourist visa.I would leave the USA every 2,3,4 and even 5 months to return to my country IN ORDER TO KEEP MY TOURIST VISA.

I was not allowed to work on a tourist visa so I didn't work while I was there... my boyfriend took care of me the whole time, he paid for everything. He even gave me money to pay off my credid cards in Mexico.my phone, gym membership,clothes,EVERYTHING....

I stayed with him for 1.5 years ( left the US every 2 months or so ,as I have explained above) and I was aready tired of my situation in that country. Even though He gave me money anytime I needed something.. I didn't like that- but I was not supposed to work on my tourist visa so. I didn't even think about getting a job back then.

My boyfriend asked me to go on a trip with him so we did..it was our third trip together, but I told him that it would be the last time I was commign back to the USA with him.. I couldn't live that life forever not having money for anything.. or living on another country on that status.

I was not gonna ask him to marry me ofcourse..but I also felt it was time for me to settle down, get a job, and hopefully get married and have my own family.

I dated him for 2 years. and I was doing all those things such as leaving my family ,friends and country behind to be with him.. I felt lonely the whole time I was in the USA. I had my boyfriend but still I didn't have a life, because he went back to work eventually and I would take care of his house and our dog but nothing else... I was so sad bc I didn't knwo what was the best thing to do.. I didn't want to leave him because I am in love with him and just don't imagine my life without him on the other hand I was ALONE! HAVING NO FAMILY,FRIENDS NOR A JOB..I was always depressed. because I didn't see my relationship going anywhere back then.. (I felt that my boyfriend didn't feel like we should get married since I was living with him already).He probably thought I could live in the US with him forever..IDK

One day my boyfriend and I went to the lake to check on his boat, andI felt into the water with my purse on. everything I had in my wallet got wet, but I was too upset that I got wet that I didn't even care abt my stuff in the wallet. I didn't take anything out of my wallet that day, the next day I was taking my stuff out of the wallet and had my SOCIAL SECURITY CARD IN MY HANDS.. (I GOT A SSC WHEN I WAS ON A STUDENT VISA)the SSC was ofcourse not VALID FOR WORK.

So I was with my boyfriend when I said to him that: everything would be easier for me if I had a SSC valid to work so I could actually have a life here and stay with you.

He never understood why I was given that SSC if I was not an american citizen and He thought that the card it was not real at all... since it had that valid for work ONLY WITH AUTHORIZATION thing on it.

He takes my SSC and went into the bathroom with it.. I asked him what was he doing but He just told me not to worry. then He gave me the SSC but it was changed. HE DID SCRATCH OFF THE VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH AUTHORIZATION THING...then he said.. NOW YOU CAN STAY WITH ME FOREVER! YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE EVER! ANDHE SMILED...

I was SOOOOOO ANGRY I KNOW HE DID SOMETHING WRONG AND EVEN WORST WITHOUT MY CONSENT!!! But He was just trying to make me feel better I guess, He knew I never used that SSC anyway so He didn't think it was such a big deal that He changed it... anyway.. nothing happened.. I just forgot about it and kept my card with me in my wallet..

HUGE MISTAKE!!!!

Since I was ready to come back to my country and settle down.. I decided to get a babysitter job just to make some money for the holidays.. Like I said before I didn't have a penny, I stayed with my boyfriend for almost 1.5 years and I was SICK OF MY FINANCIAL SITUATION... never had money to buy him christmas,valentines or Birthday gifts EVER!! same thing to his family.. never brought anything with us everytime we came over his parent'¡s house.. because I DID NOT HAVE MONEY.. (NEVER WORKED). So I'm thinking.. I'm going back to Mexico in 3 months, so maybe I should get a temporary job just to make money for the hilidays and I did... I applied to get a nanying job...

I got the job.. but I was supposed to start a week after our return to the US from our last trip together... which didn't happen... because immigration officers noticed I was spending too much time in the USA and decided to go though my stuff at the airport... they found out I was planning on getting a job. and foun out about my SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AS WELL.. so they sent me back home and took my TOURIST VISA AWAY... It's been almost 11 months and I'm still in Mexico.

My boyfriend came to see me a week after I was sent back home (10 months ago) and asked me to marry him so that we could be together.so He sent in the fiance application and had my interview 2 weeks ago the officer asked me why did I have that ssc with me.. I got too nevous and I just told them that the SSC got wet when I was in the lake with my boyfriend I didn't tell him that MY BOYFRIEND CHANGED IT.. ofcourse I didn't know what to say..I got denied under 212 a 6 c 1 section..

and now I'm requesting a waiver... WHAT SHOULD I DO?? I'M SO CONFUSED.. IT'S NOT FAIR... I didn't dot it. my only mistake was to to fall in love with an american citizen?? my boyfriend did but He was just joking around trying to make me feel better... what should I tell immigration next time the ask me??? PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ADVICE...

I DID NOT USE THE SSC EVER.. THEY COULD TYPE IN their system THE NUMBERS AND CONFIRM THAT I NEVER USED IT TO GET A JOB OR ANYTHING.. I SWEAR I NEVER USED IT.. EVER!!!!

I HAS TOURIST VISA SINCE I WAS 21 AND WENT TO THE USA MANY TIMES AND NEVER TRIED TO STAY OR LIVE THERE.. THEY SHOULD CHECK THEIR RECORDS... IT WAS NEVER MY INTENTION TO WORK IN THE USA.. BUT EVERYTHING CHANGED WHEN I MET MY BOYFRIEND.. I NEVER TRIED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT SSC... WE JUST WANTED TO BE TOGETHER ... PLEASE HELP!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just apply for the waiver. I suggest a lawyer too.

While you may not have any history of WORK using the SSN, they may assume you used it to gain other benefits (what, I'm not sure, but you never know).

Think of it like getting a fake I.D card, whether you use it or not, you still have it and that makes it illegal. What you should have done is destroy the card, it had been altered. You can't prove that your boyfriend/fiance did it, and it doesn't matter that he did it, as an adult you are responsible for YOUR actions... which in this case was continuing to carry the card. It was useless to you anyway so I'm not sure why you continued to carry it (I would have put it away somewhere "just in case"). But of course everything is better in hindsight.

So now you apply for a waiver to overcome "your lie". This is lawyer territory now unfortunately :(

Fraud or Misrepresentation

Under INA §212(a)(6)©(i), an alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or entry into the United States or other benefit provided under the INA is excludable. The determination of materiality is a fact which would make an alien excludable or shut off a line of inquiry which may have resulted in exclusion.

So what did you mis-rep? It is very hard to tell from your story.

How did the embassy see the card? How did you obtain the orginal SS card, what type of visa was it? Did you obtain the SS under false information?

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Thank you guys... I tottaly agree with you Vanesa & Tonny, It was MY MISTAKE TO CARRY ON THAT SSC IF IT WAS USELESS ... YOU ARE RIGHT... I'M SO STUPID FOR HAVE DONE THAT.. ON THE OTHER HAND.. I DON'T WANT MY BOYFRIEND TO GET IN TROUBLE..BUT I THINK IS NOT FAIR THAT'S HAPPENING TO ME.. I NEVER USED IT... IT WAS MY BOYFRIEND'S MISTAKE THAT HE ALTERED THE CARD AND MY MISTAKE THAT I KEEP IT... I CANNOT PROVE HE DID IT, BUT IT WASN'T RIGHT EITHERWAY... I'M SO MAD AT MYSELF... I DID EVERYTHING TO BE WITH HIM.LEAVING EVERYTHING BEHIND TO BE WITH HIM,AND NOW.. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN. I DON'T THINK THAT A LAWYER CAN HELP ME.. AS FAR AS I KNOW LAWYERS JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT DON'T HELP THAT MUCH... PLUS THEY ARE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE... I'M KINDA UPSET THAT MY BOYFRIEND PUT ME THROUGH THIS SITUATION I MEAN, HE SHOULD JUST MOVE TO MY COUNTRY BUT UNFORTUNATELY HE HAS A SON AND HE CANNOT LEAVE HIM.... I'M SO DEPRESSED AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...

YES THEY DENIED ME BECAUSE OF THE SOCIAL SECURITY CARD... I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG... AND THERE IS NO WAY THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHIGN ELSE...I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THAT WAIVER THING WORKS... THAN YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ANSWERS I TRULY APPRECIATE IT.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Unless you showed them the altered social security card how would they have known about it? When you applied for the nanny job did you fill out the I-9? Did they make a copy of your id, specifically your social security card? If so they may have run it through the E-VERIFY system and this is how the government found out about you. Even if you did not begin working the simple fact that you applied for the job with a fraudulent social security card is enough for a ban. Even if your boyfriend was the one who altered it you used it knowing it had been altered, can't blame that on him.

Strongly suggest you consult with an attorney.

It seems as if the CBP officers documented in her file that she had an alternative SS card. That is what they are showing as the reason to why her visitor visa was voided.

The alternative SS card, shows false claim to being a USC, along with applying for a job using that card.

Ouch.....

So why did they give her this

Under INA §212(a)(6)©(i), an alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or entry into the United States or other benefit provided under the INA is excludable.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

I don't think the entire thing is down to a misunderstanding at all.

You said yourself you 'basically moved in with' your boyfriend for a year and a half. All that coming and going in order to maintain the visitor's visa wouldn't have fooled the customs and immigrations officials forever. They do have records, and they would notice that you were spending more time in the USA than out of it.

You applied,and got, a job using that altered SSN. Any search of the number at all would have shown the Not Valid For Work bar. Which won't scratch off either, it's printed right into the card. If he tampered with it, it would have been absolutely noticeable.

And he didn't put you in the situation you are in, you did that to yourself.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

It seems as if the CBP officers documented in her file that she had an alternative SS card. That is what they are showing as the reason to why her visitor visa was voided.

The alternative SS card, shows false claim to being a USC, along with applying for a job using that card.

Ouch.....

So why did they give her this

Under INA §212(a)(6)©(i), an alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or entry into the United States or other benefit provided under the INA is excludable.

The altered SSN doesn't claim to be a USC, it claims to be at least a GC holder (as the wording can be removed once you get a GC).

I would say (having read the OP again) that the fraud is about attempting to use the visitor visa to enter and work, not necessarily the card at all, but that she was planning on working and lied about her intent when trying to enter.

As in this part of the INA: "an alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or entry into the United States or other benefit provided under the INA is excludable"

The altered SSN doesn't claim to be a USC, it claims to be at least a GC holder (as the wording can be removed once you get a GC).

I would say (having read the OP again) that the fraud is about attempting to use the visitor visa to enter and work, not necessarily the card at all, but that she was planning on working and lied about her intent when trying to enter.

As in this part of the INA: "an alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or entry into the United States or other benefit provided under the INA is excludable"

Okay I can agree with this, I couldn't see where having a SS card could get her a mis-rep to try to obtain a visa.

It was more on what she said to the CBP officer than what was not written on the SS card.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

So I was denied under 212 (a) (6) © (i) section but it's all a misunderstanding and that's why I'm so upset about all this. I don't want to sound like a victim but is not fair what I'm going through ..

<snip>

Since I was ready to come back to my country and settle down.. I decided to get a babysitter job just to make some money for the holidays.. Like I said before I didn't have a penny, <snip> So I'm thinking.. I'm going back to Mexico in 3 months, so maybe I should get a temporary job just to make money for the hilidays and I did... I applied to get a nanying job...

I got the job.. but I was supposed to start a week after our return to the US from our last trip together... which didn't happen... because immigration officers noticed I was spending too much time in the USA and decided to go though my stuff at the airport... they found out I was planning on getting a job. and foun out about my SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AS WELL.. so they sent me back home and took my TOURIST VISA AWAY... It's been almost 11 months and I'm still in Mexico.

My boyfriend came to see me a week after I was sent back home (10 months ago) and asked me to marry him so that we could be together.so He sent in the fiance application and had my interview 2 weeks ago the officer asked me why did I have that ssc with me.. I got too nevous and I just told them that the SSC got wet when I was in the lake with my boyfriend I didn't tell him that MY BOYFRIEND CHANGED IT.. ofcourse I didn't know what to say..I got denied under 212 a 6 c 1 section..

IT'S NOT FAIR... I didn't dot it.

I DID NOT USE THE SSC EVER.. THEY COULD TYPE IN their system THE NUMBERS AND CONFIRM THAT I NEVER USED IT TO GET A JOB OR ANYTHING.. I SWEAR I NEVER USED IT.. EVER!!!!

I HAS TOURIST VISA SINCE I WAS 21 AND WENT TO THE USA MANY TIMES AND NEVER TRIED TO STAY OR LIVE THERE.. THEY SHOULD CHECK THEIR RECORDS... IT WAS NEVER MY INTENTION TO WORK IN THE USA.. BUT EVERYTHING CHANGED WHEN I MET MY BOYFRIEND.. I NEVER TRIED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT SSC... WE JUST WANTED TO BE TOGETHER ... PLEASE HELP!!!

On re-reading your thread (I was at work when I first read this), it's not JUST the SSN that's the problem, it's because you tried to enter the US to work, which is a misrepresentation.

You keep saying you didn't do it. You did. YOU applied for, and got, a job. YOU tried to enter the US on a visitor visa to be a babysitter. It WAS your intention to work in the US, you applied for a job and was starting a week later! You were also "living" in the US instead of visiting, another misuse of the visa.

I think you might be okay for the waiver but you might want to have a consultation with a lawyer. Most of the time the first consultation is free. It would be good to get an idea of where you stand.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I was on a student exchange visa in the USA when I met muy fiancè... then When my student visa expired my boyfriend invited me to stray with him for a few months while He was off. So I came back to Mexico and went back to the US on my Tourist visa (that I got 6 years ago). I basically moved in with my boyfriend .. but I never wanted to have problems with immigration so, I never overstayed my tourist visa.I would leave the USA every 2,3,4 and even 5 months to return to my country IN ORDER TO KEEP MY TOURIST VISA.

I was not allowed to work on a tourist visa so I didn't work while I was there... my boyfriend took care of me the whole time, he paid for everything. He even gave me money to pay off my credid cards in Mexico.my phone, gym membership,clothes,EVERYTHING....

I stayed with him for 1.5 years ( left the US every 2 months or so ,as I have explained above) and I was aready tired of my situation in that country. Even though He gave me money anytime I needed something.. I didn't like that- but I was not supposed to work on my tourist visa so. I didn't even think about getting a job back then.

My boyfriend asked me to go on a trip with him so we did..it was our third trip together, but I told him that it would be the last time I was commign back to the USA with him.. I couldn't live that life forever not having money for anything.. or living on another country on that status.

I was not gonna ask him to marry me ofcourse..but I also felt it was time for me to settle down, get a job, and hopefully get married and have my own family.

I dated him for 2 years. and I was doing all those things such as leaving my family ,friends and country behind to be with him.. I felt lonely the whole time I was in the USA. I had my boyfriend but still I didn't have a life, because he went back to work eventually and I would take care of his house and our dog but nothing else... I was so sad bc I didn't knwo what was the best thing to do.. I didn't want to leave him because I am in love with him and just don't imagine my life without him on the other hand I was ALONE! HAVING NO FAMILY,FRIENDS NOR A JOB..I was always depressed. because I didn't see my relationship going anywhere back then.. (I felt that my boyfriend didn't feel like we should get married since I was living with him already).He probably thought I could live in the US with him forever..IDK

One day my boyfriend and I went to the lake to check on his boat, andI felt into the water with my purse on. everything I had in my wallet got wet, but I was too upset that I got wet that I didn't even care abt my stuff in the wallet. I didn't take anything out of my wallet that day, the next day I was taking my stuff out of the wallet and had my SOCIAL SECURITY CARD IN MY HANDS.. (I GOT A SSC WHEN I WAS ON A STUDENT VISA)the SSC was ofcourse not VALID FOR WORK.

So I was with my boyfriend when I said to him that: everything would be easier for me if I had a SSC valid to work so I could actually have a life here and stay with you.

He never understood why I was given that SSC if I was not an american citizen and He thought that the card it was not real at all... since it had that valid for work ONLY WITH AUTHORIZATION thing on it.

He takes my SSC and went into the bathroom with it.. I asked him what was he doing but He just told me not to worry. then He gave me the SSC but it was changed. HE DID SCRATCH OFF THE VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH AUTHORIZATION THING...then he said.. NOW YOU CAN STAY WITH ME FOREVER! YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE EVER! ANDHE SMILED...

I was SOOOOOO ANGRY I KNOW HE DID SOMETHING WRONG AND EVEN WORST WITHOUT MY CONSENT!!! But He was just trying to make me feel better I guess, He knew I never used that SSC anyway so He didn't think it was such a big deal that He changed it... anyway.. nothing happened.. I just forgot about it and kept my card with me in my wallet..

HUGE MISTAKE!!!!

Since I was ready to come back to my country and settle down.. I decided to get a babysitter job just to make some money for the holidays.. Like I said before I didn't have a penny, I stayed with my boyfriend for almost 1.5 years and I was SICK OF MY FINANCIAL SITUATION... never had money to buy him christmas,valentines or Birthday gifts EVER!! same thing to his family.. never brought anything with us everytime we came over his parent'¡s house.. because I DID NOT HAVE MONEY.. (NEVER WORKED). So I'm thinking.. I'm going back to Mexico in 3 months, so maybe I should get a temporary job just to make money for the hilidays and I did... I applied to get a nanying job...

and now I'm requesting a waiver... WHAT SHOULD I DO?? I'M SO CONFUSED.. IT'S NOT FAIR... I didn't dot it. my only mistake was to to fall in love with an american citizen?? my boyfriend did but He was just joking around trying to make me feel better... what should I tell immigration next time the ask me??? PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ADVICE...

While you may be blaming your boyfriend, you are not innocent.

You knowingly used your SSN to apply for and get a job in the US. You attempted to use your visitor visa to enter the US to work in violation of the INA. That's is why you are getting hit with the misrepresentation. Unless your boyfriend forced you to apply for the job, it was your choice. You knew you were not authorized to work. You choose to apply and did get a US job in violation of US immigration laws. Despite what you said, you did use the SSN to get a job (because no employer would offer you a job without an SSN) and you did try to take advantage of that SSN.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To answer your question, what are you trying to prove you didn't do? You were in possession of a fraudulant document for the purposes of illegal work.

I highly suggest you consult a lawyer. Laurel Scott offers free immigration chats on Wednesdays

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you guys... I tottaly agree with you Vanesa & Tonny, It was MY MISTAKE TO CARRY ON THAT SSC IF IT WAS USELESS ... YOU ARE RIGHT... I'M SO STUPID FOR HAVE DONE THAT.. ON THE OTHER HAND.. I DON'T WANT MY BOYFRIEND TO GET IN TROUBLE..BUT I THINK IS NOT FAIR THAT'S HAPPENING TO ME.. I NEVER USED IT... IT WAS MY BOYFRIEND'S MISTAKE THAT HE ALTERED THE CARD AND MY MISTAKE THAT I KEEP IT... I CANNOT PROVE HE DID IT, BUT IT WASN'T RIGHT EITHERWAY... I'M SO MAD AT MYSELF... I DID EVERYTHING TO BE WITH HIM.LEAVING EVERYTHING BEHIND TO BE WITH HIM,AND NOW.. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN. I DON'T THINK THAT A LAWYER CAN HELP ME.. AS FAR AS I KNOW LAWYERS JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT DON'T HELP THAT MUCH... PLUS THEY ARE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE... I'M KINDA UPSET THAT MY BOYFRIEND PUT ME THROUGH THIS SITUATION I MEAN, HE SHOULD JUST MOVE TO MY COUNTRY BUT UNFORTUNATELY HE HAS A SON AND HE CANNOT LEAVE HIM.... I'M SO DEPRESSED AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...

YES THEY DENIED ME BECAUSE OF THE SOCIAL SECURITY CARD... I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG... AND THERE IS NO WAY THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHIGN ELSE...I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THAT WAIVER THING WORKS... THAN YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ANSWERS I TRULY APPRECIATE IT.

why are you yelling?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

HUGE MISTAKE!!!!

Stop blaming your boyfriend for your own mistakes. You admitted that you were living in the US on a visitor visa, only going back to your home country to appease immigration. Then you applied for and got a job using you SSN, which is illegal to do. You explained over and over that you were bored and wanted a job and your own money, so we know you bf didn't force you into it. The fact that he altered you SS card really has little to do with any of this. YOU are the one who applied for the job illegally... YOU are the one who lived here on a visitor visa.. YOU are the one who made those decisions. and you are trying to place blame on him. You have a lot of growing up to do, and honestly if you are banned from the US it's just one less person trying to take advantage of the system.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

On re-reading your thread (I was at work when I first read this), it's not JUST the SSN that's the problem, it's because you tried to enter the US to work, which is a misrepresentation.

You keep saying you didn't do it. You did. YOU applied for, and got, a job. YOU tried to enter the US on a visitor visa to be a babysitter. It WAS your intention to work in the US, you applied for a job and was starting a week later! You were also "living" in the US instead of visiting, another misuse of the visa.

I think you might be okay for the waiver but you might want to have a consultation with a lawyer. Most of the time the first consultation is free. It would be good to get an idea of where you stand.

"Living" in the US isnt an issue I believe. For example, Parents come live with their kids on tourist visas for the 6 months that they can plainly stating that that is the reason for their visit. As long as they dont intend to look for a job, or stay there permanently, become a public charge or are going their for other hidden reasons.

But yea, applying for a job and entering on tourist visa, giving your SSN to the employer, big no no. I doubt a scratched SSN is the issue, but maybe it raised suspicion?.

Edited by thekanthans

NOA1: July 18th, 2012

Touched: July 23rd, 2012

No RFE! So Happy :)

NOA2: Jan 25th, 2013 (191 days)

<b> Interview : 15th March 2013 APPROVED</b>

Visa in Hand: 22nd March 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.